Now, that tryouts are over, what else can we expect?

Views: 29256

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

The season was unforgettable. I’ll put 2018 over 2015 any day. This is why I don’t get KP’s hype. 

Kaylon Voovam said:

2015 was really overhyped tbh. The only good things we got from that year was the bayou classic leo, He loves me, Jaqueline York, ASU game (kinda), and I would say “Hello” by Adele but when you look closely the crabs and vets kinda butchered that entire performance. Everything else was blah lol. Even though the squad lineup was legendary now that we look back on it, the drama kinda makes me feel like that season almost never really happened if that makes sense.

I think KP boosted and solidified the Dolls brand in the YouTube and social media stratosphere. I honestly think it was all about timing and she did have the IT factor. I’d equate her viral vids to what Vicki’s moments did for the Stingettes. 14 opened under her with people seeing Dolls in the single digits again and then 15 she found her groove(even with the shenanigans. The year stayed afloat thanks to Connor who was equally or even more adored by fans)and people were enamored with 15 crab class in the looks department. Her years gave traditional Doll fans some of the things they wanted back. 

BandJunkee said:

The season was unforgettable. I’ll put 2018 over 2015 any day. This is why I don’t get KP’s hype. 

Kaylon Voovam said:

2015 was really overhyped tbh. The only good things we got from that year was the bayou classic leo, He loves me, Jaqueline York, ASU game (kinda), and I would say “Hello” by Adele but when you look closely the crabs and vets kinda butchered that entire performance. Everything else was blah lol. Even though the squad lineup was legendary now that we look back on it, the drama kinda makes me feel like that season almost never really happened if that makes sense.

Throwback 40th Anniversary...the 50th is COMING!

QUEEN Connor saved THE day by keeping 15 a float, just LIKE QUEEN MOTHER DE'TARA FRANK'S BUILT 09 AND BROUGHT THE RANKS TOGETHER!!! @ THOSE ARE OUR BRIDGE BUILDING DOLLS

KP was that b**ch. She could've been in the stands by herself and I would have still received an overabundance of life. I didn't even learn half of the other girls' names until the next year bc of her all eyes on me demeanor. 

BandJunkee said:

Kaylon Voovam said:

Samaria didn’t make it. The two girls that made it had to instantly make the instagrams private.

Alicia Wax said:

And now there is y’all that there are actually 11 dolls and that Samaria made it that’s why she hasn’t posted anything. What y’all think? 

(First post here y'all)

At first I had mixed feelings about Jordan returning. I love a good redemption arc and she's always been pegged as the leader amongst her crab sisters. I was also looking forward to her leading last year so it took me a while to warm up to Gabby (tbh I didn't give Gabby her just due until the SWAC Championship where I feel she really came into her own). But Gabby held her own and produced a solid, CLEAN team. Everyone looked seasoned and put together. Watching the HBCU Dance Affair videos in comparison, where Jordan seemed half a beat off almost every song, I'm concerned that they'll lose that cleanliness. HOWEVER, I do feel that Gabby lacked a lot as far as bringing innovation and creativity (I can think of maybe one new count in '18 that impressed me; all the others can be shelved imho).

So here's to hoping that Jordan will bring the fierceness, the creativity and the FIRE that wasn't there last year and Gabby will round it out with the cleanliness and the unity. If they can combine their strengths the way I'm thinking they will, this year will definitely be one for the books!

Omg, I bite my tongue every time y’all mention her but I do not understand her hype at all! Boring as hell and she fucked up stands.

honrae rokermore said:

QUEEN Connor saved THE day by keeping 15 a float, just LIKE QUEEN MOTHER DE'TARA FRANK'S BUILT 09 AND BROUGHT THE RANKS TOGETHER!!! @ THOSE ARE OUR BRIDGE BUILDING DOLLS

Still gorgeous. What year did they crab again? 

GAPeach said:

Alicia Wax said:

Still gorgeous. What year did they crab again? 

GAPeach said:

Yeah if they can have A SOLID CAPTAIN AND CO CAPTAIN TYPE OF SYSTEM Icould be okay with that but ain’t no kp and Dani linkford situation (She only led like 3 damn times) plus with Jordan being in nursing school It’s going to be very demanding on her. Plus let’s not forget that Jordan was being groomed for Captain since her Crab year (and you can tell by Kp allowing her to lead at events ) Gabby However had to learn as the seasoned progressed and she really started to Bloosom would hate not seeing that continue up front !

MiamiVice92 said:

(First post here y'all)

At first I had mixed feelings about Jordan returning. I love a good redemption arc and she's always been pegged as the leader amongst her crab sisters. I was also looking forward to her leading last year so it took me a while to warm up to Gabby (tbh I didn't give Gabby her just due until the SWAC Championship where I feel she really came into her own). But Gabby held her own and produced a solid, CLEAN team. Everyone looked seasoned and put together. Watching the HBCU Dance Affair videos in comparison, where Jordan seemed half a beat off almost every song, I'm concerned that they'll lose that cleanliness. HOWEVER, I do feel that Gabby lacked a lot as far as bringing innovation and creativity (I can think of maybe one new count in '18 that impressed me; all the others can be shelved imho).

So here's to hoping that Jordan will bring the fierceness, the creativity and the FIRE that wasn't there last year and Gabby will round it out with the cleanliness and the unity. If they can combine their strengths the way I'm thinking they will, this year will definitely be one for the books!

RSS

© 2020   Created by Marchingsport.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service