Let’s continue the conversation. 

Views: 11632

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That’s funny, because I work/train there and didn’t see her there over the summer. I remember Makaya there for her scholarship week. Doesn’t mean she wasn’t, but lots? Maybe at other studios I guess. I usually go out of my way to welcome Southern black dancers, especially from HBCUs. I remember when Orchesis and PV used to come for a week. I wish they still did and all HBCU dance teams made it a staple to expose their teams to. There is NOTHING like training in NYC! 

Jarrett Goer said:

I feel bad for doubting Cam. Her form is getting better and better and there is no denying that she is a beast with technique. She has had lots of jazz and ballet technique at Broadway dance center in nyc prior before her crab year. Arielle also had intense professional dance training as well, both would be great commercial dancers after college,if thats the career path that they chose. Im so proud of this years sqaud. I think they took a step back with field shows, but next year will be better i think.

All eyes on Aniya! Yes.

Sugamama said:

Her, chyna and Aniya

Leo said:

I would love for Jada to make Captain and make Camryn tail. I hope they have 5 or more crabs like 2015. im lowkey excited. Do yall see it for Samaria making dolls next season? She might have a chance with 5 openings availiable 

I would love to see them on the team. But if they go for the less popular ones, I will call it a trend.
P.H. said:

All eyes on Aniya! Yes.

Sugamama said:

Her, chyna and Aniya

Leo said:

I would love for Jada to make Captain and make Camryn tail. I hope they have 5 or more crabs like 2015. im lowkey excited. Do yall see it for Samaria making dolls next season? She might have a chance with 5 openings availiable 

Watch all the new crabs be girls we don’t know. Also it seems like they’re going for a taller squad now. So some of those GnB girls are already out. Taneria gave me nothing but energy which I absolutely love. I do think Taneria could do well with a slow song, a lot of people thought Stamper wouldn’t be able to do well to a slow song because she was so damn energetic in 15 but she proved a lot of people wrong. Gabbyyy Gabbby Gabbby gave me everything and she did it to her song so I expected her to do amazing. Love the hair but she needs to use her makeup to blend that lace in. Jordan didn’t give me the Jordan I expected. She was very calm and not extra. I really wish she was a little extra on this song. This season was solid to me. Some people don’t like Micah but I love her. You can tell they were told to tone down even Jordan said she had to learn to adapt to the new style. Overall it was great.

Don’t forget about Madisyn, Kanarie, and Tailyn’s little sister auditioning next year. There are also a lot of GnB that will be re-auditioning as well. I hate to be the one to say it, but I just cant see Chyna as a Doll. She is SUPER talented but she needs help in the hair and makeup department. Her hair color and quality always looks so tacky. AGAIN, not trying to nitpick her but she is too talented and gorgeous of a young lady to be walking around trying to look like a human barbie doll. Sometimes less is more. Jonas and Connor have done a good job in taming her aesthetics so far.

P.H. said:

All eyes on Aniya! Yes.

Sugamama said:

Her, chyna and Aniya

Leo said:

Kanarie as well as Crystianna were both at High school day on Saturday hmmm interesting. Kanarie is def a beast when it comes to Technique and she has a strong ballet background. You can tell Crystianna is huge fan of Jada! She had Jada all over her instagram, Tailyns little sister is a beast as well! We shall see but im sure it will be girls fighting for those 5 open spots come next year. I'm actually excited we get to see a fresh new team next year. Should be interesting.

Kaylon Voovam said:

Don’t forget about Madisyn, Kanarie, and Tailyn’s little sister auditioning next year. There are also a lot of GnB that will be re-auditioning as well. I hate to be the one to say it, but I just cant see Chyna as a Doll. She is SUPER talented but she needs help in the hair and makeup department. Her hair color and quality always looks so tacky. AGAIN, not trying to nitpick her but she is too talented and gorgeous of a young lady to be walking around trying to look like a human barbie doll. Sometimes less is more. Jonas and Connor have done a good job in taming her aesthetics so far.

P.H. said:

All eyes on Aniya! Yes.

Sugamama said:

Her, chyna and Aniya

Leo said:

I would like the dolls to go back to picking fresh faces. Four year dolls are not happening as much as it used to. Anytime someone comes in from GnB they bring that influence in with them. Then, the doll style changes. At one point the two squads looked exactly the same. Dolls should be hand picked that’s the only way it should be. As far as hair and makeup just look at the 50th. As soon as the 2010’s hit the field all you saw were wild colored non-favored wigs. Some of the ladies wore the same style wig their entire doll career. The dolls now look like every other hbcu squad. Quite a few look look better than them and that used to be unheard of. However, they’re shopping at the same wig stores lol. I liked Micah as captain simply because she can outdance most of her squad. You guys are focused on who can lead stands the best. Stands can be groomed. Talent on the field can’t! If you check out Gabby’s year you’ll see her run to the back of the formation shortly after the routine starts. Every routine! Stamper and KP had lackluster choreography because they couldn’t do anything more difficult. So, it was fancy arms and hair shaking the whole time. Micah is the best talent wise since April.

Hold up...Hold up... Hold up I know you didn’t just say that KP and Stamper “couldn’t do anything more difficult.” I hope you realized that KP danced on that damn field for both April and Seaera’s fieldshows which were all high energy and technical. Stamper did fieldshows during April’s year and was able to to do the difficult choreography. I need you to go back and watch her on Right Now and Applause she was out at the front for a damn reason. They probably felt like they didn’t need to have  difficult choreography. Even though they didn’t have “difficult choreography” they still had the best fieldshows their years as captain in the SWAC. Don’t try Stamper and KP now acting like they haven’t done some of thee most difficult doll routines to date. Then your hair color comment, the dolls have colored their hair before 2010. Don’t try it. I love Micah as captain but don’t try to diss other girls just because they didn’t feel the need to make a difficult routine and they made up for it in the stands because the dolls needed some damn help in the stands. You don’t have to have a difficult routine to be entertaining. There’s a reason why Beautiful People, The Other Side, Gush, and Bayou Classic 16 is still brought and people want to see those remade in the future. Have several seats because you tried it.

Marcus said:

I would like the dolls to go back to picking fresh faces. Four year dolls are not happening as much as it used to. Anytime someone comes in from GnB they bring that influence in with them. Then, the doll style changes. At one point the two squads looked exactly the same. Dolls should be hand picked that’s the only way it should be. As far as hair and makeup just look at the 50th. As soon as the 2010’s hit the field all you saw were wild colored non-favored wigs. Some of the ladies wore the same style wig their entire doll career. The dolls now look like every other hbcu squad. Quite a few look look better than them and that used to be unheard of. However, they’re shopping at the same wig stores lol. I liked Micah as captain simply because she can outdance most of her squad. You guys are focused on who can lead stands the best. Stands can be groomed. Talent on the field can’t! If you check out Gabby’s year you’ll see her run to the back of the formation shortly after the routine starts. Every routine! Stamper and KP had lackluster choreography because they couldn’t do anything more difficult. So, it was fancy arms and hair shaking the whole time. Micah is the best talent wise since April.

TRIED IT! Gabby can dance, and she also has a gracious, non-attention seeking personality that some negatively read as insecure or hiding. PLEASE. I won’t even comment on the Micah stuff, in the interest of keeping it cute. But after I read the KP/Dannie comment, I saw this person for what he is. 

What's happening? said:

Hold up...Hold up... Hold up I know you didn’t just say that KP and Stamper “couldn’t do anything more difficult.” I hope you realized that KP danced on that damn field for both April and Seaera’s fieldshows which were all high energy and technical. Stamper did fieldshows during April’s year and was able to to do the difficult choreography. I need you to go back and watch her on Right Now and Applause she was out at the front for a damn reason. They probably felt like they didn’t need to have  difficult choreography. Even though they didn’t have “difficult choreography” they still had the best fieldshows their years as captain in the SWAC. Don’t try Stamper and KP now acting like they haven’t done some of thee most difficult doll routines to date. Then your hair color comment, the dolls have colored their hair before 2010. Don’t try it. I love Micah as captain but don’t try to diss other girls just because they didn’t feel the need to make a difficult routine and they made up for it in the stands because the dolls needed some damn help in the stands.

Marcus said:

He most be a new fan because April and Seaera had some of thee most difficult routines to date for the dolls and KP and Stamper did those fieldshows. Just because your the best dancer doesn’t mean that you should be captain. Micah is doing great in my opinion but obviously this person is just trying to get people do diss her. I have never read so much bull in my life.

Drammy04 said:

TRIED IT! Gabby can dance, and she also has a gracious, non-attention seeking personality that some negatively read as insecure or hiding. PLEASE. I won’t even comment on the Micah stuff, in the interest of keeping it cute. But after I read the KP/Dannie comment, I saw this person for what he is. 

What's happening? said:

Hold up...Hold up... Hold up I know you didn’t just say that KP and Stamper “couldn’t do anything more difficult.” I hope you realized that KP danced on that damn field for both April and Seaera’s fieldshows which were all high energy and technical. Stamper did fieldshows during April’s year and was able to to do the difficult choreography. I need you to go back and watch her on Right Now and Applause she was out at the front for a damn reason. They probably felt like they didn’t need to have  difficult choreography. Even though they didn’t have “difficult choreography” they still had the best fieldshows their years as captain in the SWAC. Don’t try Stamper and KP now acting like they haven’t done some of thee most difficult doll routines to date. Then your hair color comment, the dolls have colored their hair before 2010. Don’t try it. I love Micah as captain but don’t try to diss other girls just because they didn’t feel the need to make a difficult routine and they made up for it in the stands because the dolls needed some damn help in the stands.

Marcus said:

What's happening? said:

He most be a new fan because April and Seaera had some of thee most difficult routines to date for the dolls and KP and Stamper did those fieldshows. Just because your the best dancer doesn’t mean that you should be captain. Micah is doing great in my opinion but obviously this person is just trying to get people do diss her. I have never read so much bull in my life.

Drammy04 said:

What's happening? said:

Marcus said:

I was a fan of the show and Crystianna was my absolute fav buuuutttt NO!!! I am PRAYING that all of the Jackson dolls don’t flood southern in hopes of becoming a doll. I don’t want to be mean but I just really don’t want a team full of DD4L. Comparable to how many of you all don’t want it to become McKinley all over again I’m hoping and praying this isn’t the case for DD4L. Please God, I’m just now tolerating Cam (and I loved her on the show).

louisianaboi08 said:

Kanarie as well as Crystianna were both at High school day on Saturday hmmm interesting. Kanarie is def a beast when it comes to Technique and she has a strong ballet background. You can tell Crystianna is huge fan of Jada! She had Jada all over her instagram, Tailyns little sister is a beast as well! We shall see but im sure it will be girls fighting for those 5 open spots come next year. I'm actually excited we get to see a fresh new team next year. Should be interesting.

Kaylon Voovam said:

P.H. said:

All eyes on Aniya! Yes.

Sugamama said:

Her, chyna and Aniya

Leo said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Marchingsport.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service