Let’s continue the conversation. 

Views: 11632

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I didnt say it was okay, and I didnt say I wpuld enjoy her upfront, but since none of them seem they would slay the position I think the next best thing is to give it to the best dancer with the best technique.

Micah was my pick for captain, check my post history, which proves that what you say is backed by ZERO facts smh.

Jason said:

but didn't people tear Micah apart for the same thing? lmao. But now, NOT slaying is ok? Cause she's pretty and light skinned? So she can get away with just, "dancing"?

I don't care what yall say. Yall keep showing more and more than this notion of beauty is still alive and well.

Mika Smith said:

The more I watch Kaylon, the more I think she is probably the best fit for captain next. I dont see her bringing a lot of slayage or entertainment, but something more traditional and refined. Idk

Oop!!!!!!!!! *runs out the thread*

MellyMel said:

Cam outsexes pretty much everyone else on the squad with her dancing maybe except Kaylon. Go back and watch He Loves Me. She was serving sensuality the entire time and her back bend in unison with the team at the end was more eye catching than even the current tail's. The entire performance proves my point. 

Meanwhile, you repeatedly (and have again in this thread) accused others of discounting Micah's talent for her "look" regardless of the actual criticism they present.  Then you proceeded to do exactly what it is you accuse everyone else of doing in your reply to me about Cam. You should practice what you preach.

My only criticism of Micah has been that her count selections do not accompany the music in the background and ride the beat as consistently as they should. And that is one of the biggest factors in the quality of a performance. Honestly, I have been impressed by pretty much everything else she has done overall. Plus I think she has gotten better with her count selections over time.

Jason said:

Cam doesn't have the allure/sex appeal to be Tail. If she makes it again next year, she will probably be in a similar spot on the 3rd row.

MellyMel said:

Kaylon is also my pick for captain next year based off of her performance this season. Her skillset, attention to detail, and versatility is just very high. And Camryn I believe has the potential to be a legendary tail based on her performance this season as well. She has the best back bends, layouts, body rolls, and creative flair in the way she executes her counts. Her sitdown on IDGAF tonight is a prime example.

Tonight showed why any of these women could lead well. Micah does her thing with consistency and power. Taneria's energy is infectious. Jordan really feels the music and tells a story. Gabby shut it down. The musicality, count selection, and facials are off the charts. Her performance tonight was a masterclass. 

Jason doesn’t read previous threads.  He just pops in to see who he can counter at the monument.

Mika Smith said:

I didnt say it was okay, and I didnt say I wpuld enjoy her upfront, but since none of them seem they would slay the position I think the next best thing is to give it to the best dancer with the best technique.

Micah was my pick for captain, check my post history, which proves that what you say is backed by ZERO facts smh.

Jason said:

but didn't people tear Micah apart for the same thing? lmao. But now, NOT slaying is ok? Cause she's pretty and light skinned? So she can get away with just, "dancing"?

I don't care what yall say. Yall keep showing more and more than this notion of beauty is still alive and well.

Mika Smith said:

The more I watch Kaylon, the more I think she is probably the best fit for captain next. I dont see her bringing a lot of slayage or entertainment, but something more traditional and refined. Idk

The Dolls looked gorgeous last night! I have always loved that uniform, it never gets old! Also, they looked so happy... Great to see! My girl Shirley was up front and I couldn’t do nothing but smile.

You said ALL I was coming to say. Don't dare say anything about Micah, because we all know any criticism about her is indirectly about her physical appearance, but Camryn is fair game, that is if she even makes the team again next year ... boggles the mind!

MellyMel said:

Cam outsexes pretty much everyone else on the squad with her dancing maybe except Kaylon. Go back and watch He Loves Me. She was serving sensuality the entire time and her back bend in unison with the team at the end was more eye catching than even the current tail's. The entire performance proves my point. 

Meanwhile, you repeatedly (and have again in this thread) accused others of discounting Micah's talent for her "look" regardless of the actual criticism they present.  Then you proceeded to do exactly what it is you accuse everyone else of doing in your reply to me about Cam. You should practice what you preach.

My only criticism of Micah has been that her count selections do not accompany the music in the background and ride the beat as consistently as they should. And that is one of the biggest factors in the quality of a performance. Honestly, I have been impressed by pretty much everything else she has done overall. Plus I think she has gotten better with her count selections over time.

Jason said:

Cam doesn't have the allure/sex appeal to be Tail. If she makes it again next year, she will probably be in a similar spot on the 3rd row.

MellyMel said:

Kaylon is also my pick for captain next year based off of her performance this season. Her skillset, attention to detail, and versatility is just very high. And Camryn I believe has the potential to be a legendary tail based on her performance this season as well. She has the best back bends, layouts, body rolls, and creative flair in the way she executes her counts. Her sitdown on IDGAF tonight is a prime example.

Tonight showed why any of these women could lead well. Micah does her thing with consistency and power. Taneria's energy is infectious. Jordan really feels the music and tells a story. Gabby shut it down. The musicality, count selection, and facials are off the charts. Her performance tonight was a masterclass. 

It seems that previous dolls are typically only cut the following year because of social drama while on the team. I haven’t seen an instance (correct me if I’m wrong) where a doll was out danced and they didn’t still put her on the team. Camryn seems to be pretty well liked, I think her spot is probably safe. It does bring up a question I’ve had for a while though, why was Tye cut? 

Liz said:

You said ALL I was coming to say. Don't dare say anything about Micah, because we all know any criticism about her is indirectly about her physical appearance, but Camryn is fair game, that is if she even makes the team again next year ... boggles the mind!

MellyMel said:

Jason said:

MellyMel said:

* well liked and talented!   I think Tye got caught doing something she wasn’t supposed to be doing.  Lol.  

Glammy08 said:

It seems that previous dolls are typically only cut the following year because of social drama while on the team. I haven’t seen an instance (correct me if I’m wrong) where a doll was out danced and they didn’t still put her on the team. Camryn seems to be pretty well liked, I think her spot is probably safe. It does bring up a question I’ve had for a while though, why was Tye cut? 

Liz said:

MellyMel said:

Jason said:

MellyMel said:

They all did well! Glad the girls got to do four rips! Unlike most folks, I have enjoyed the season and I am looking forward to the Boombox and Bayou Classic. Moreover, wondering who is going to lead when the seniors go on the sideline at the Bayou Classic. You can’t lose with either girl from’17

Lol I don’t even want to know. 

Truth_Serum said:

* well liked and talented!   I think Tye got caught doing something she wasn’t supposed to be doing.  Lol.  

Glammy08 said:

Liz said:

MellyMel said:

Jason said:

MellyMel said:

The vibe yesterday was going through the motions and laidback for me. Understandably so, after the demanding, high-profile homecoming appearance; I'd think they'd take it easier this game, especially with Boombox Classic and Bayou Classic on the horizon. Gabby, Jordan, and Taneria did all right leading. I just got the impression that they're ready for the season to be over and call it a wrap. There were no highlights for me. It was all cute.

This was allegedly the reason given for Alyx being cut. She performed poorly during tryouts. Now, whether that's actually why she was cut is disputable. 

Glammy08 said:

Liz said:

MellyMel said:

Jason said:

MellyMel said:

She's clinical á la Linkford, Gabby, and Jordan, which I don't think translates as well upfront. Fortunately, Jada and Kaylon seem close enough--and hopefully, it remains that way when/if they make the team for next year--that it's highly probable they'll make the other co-captain. Jada is my choice if there must be one, but ideally, they'd balance each other out well, leading and shaping the squad together.

Jada seems more assertive, charismatic, imaginative, and personable. She just has that je ne sais quoi. You can't teach her spark. She just has it. She's the creative of the duo. Kaylon is the technical of the duo. She's disciplined, consistent, refined, and skilled; however, she stays within those parameters. Jada dares and disarms, and she does it infectiously. The upside, she also possesses many of the same qualities and traits as Kaylon. Jada is the more balanced and well-rounded of the duo, and when it comes to effective leadership, that's essential for relatability. 

Mika Smith said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Marchingsport.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service