Let’s continue the conversation. 

Views: 11632

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well damn I see no lies at all. One thing that I do have to say is that the comparison to KP and especially Stamper won’t go away for future captains. KP had a humongous impact on the doll brand and then you have a crab that looks exactly like her so the comparisons won’t stop. Now onto Stamper, every captain from now on will be compared to her. She created a legacy for herself but the doll line from now on is her legacy. Like last year that line was legit just her babies, this year only one person on the team isn’t her legacy. So from now on the doll line is her legacy. I wish they wouldn’t get compared but the fact that brought in a new era and is still brought up the comparison won’t stop, which has been an issue for the girls that she taught who became captain.

MellyMel said:

The DD4L fans were not the worst. I have seen a lot of rooting for Camryn, but not a lot of bashing other members. Countering those fans, there was a large, vocal group who dumped on Camryn because of her background and "aesthetic" before she even stepped on the field, and it's extremely interesting to see the cognitive dissonance displayed now that she has proven to be one of the most technical, creative, and fluid performers. A truly talented and versatile dancer gets to decide which style they want to mold themselves into not the audience, and leaders in the organization have enough discernment to see who can fit the mold based on their audition, regardless of their background.

Also, the chorus of longstanding doll fans who wanted Jordan to be captain last year was the loudest and they were outright nasty toward Gabby in a way that nearly killed the whole vibe last season. Right behind them are the ones who can't let KP and DS have a true legacy which reverberates in future lines and expect every dancing doll especially the captains to be a carbon copy of Kayla Pittman and Danielle Stamper. I wish people would let these women live and let the current dolls be themselves. A lot of times the commentary surrounding them is not nostalgia, it's just nasty. 

First of all you choose the worst video’s of them dancing both years so that in itself proves to me that I was right. Stamper was also the stand out on the field in 14 and 15 that’s not even up for debate that she was the standout those years. 
https://youtu.be/zbv4hkU1Rts

https://youtu.be/ygcoVR_bGCw

https://youtu.be/Jpz4zT959l0

https://youtu.be/FN1ZZbIEwmw
https://youtu.be/PxTb5IuBeq8

https://youtu.be/YkVgoOlEHxY

https://youtu.be/5zPqzwfOjjM
They were struggling right? Stamper was just bad right? These video’s prove my point that some of y’all just love talking out of your ass because that’s exactly what you just did. If your trying to prove a point make sure you have multiple videos and not just two. Have several seats.

nsuking2005 said:

lol and if you go back and actually look, KP and Stamper were not strong on the field during those years. KP, at best, blended well without sticking out like a sore thumb...but she never excelled at the choreography. Stamper was objectively just plain bad during April's year. And even as a vet she often struggled with uptempo and more hip-hop based choreography.

KP kept up with the choreography, but was very visibly lagging behind the other Dolls (with the exception of Beatriz lol)

...and this is KP as a vet. Again, not bad, but she's very clearly cheating a good bit of the choreo and is just blending in, at best. Dannie was just flat-out bad for the bulk of this routine.

Also, I actually see what Marcus is saying about Gabby. She fielded some great routines and absolutely deserves her credit for fully bringing the Dolls back from a terrible year of field work in 2017 (which followed 3 seasons of mediocrity). But she was far from the best at performing them, herself. She wasn't bad, per se, but she also wasn't killing it. lol



What's happening? said:

Hold up...Hold up... Hold up I know you didn’t just say that KP and Stamper “couldn’t do anything more difficult.” I hope you realized that KP danced on that damn field for both April and Seaera’s fieldshows which were all high energy and technical. Stamper did fieldshows during April’s year and was able to to do the difficult choreography. I need you to go back and watch her on Right Now and Applause she was out at the front for a damn reason. They probably felt like they didn’t need to have  difficult choreography. Even though they didn’t have “difficult choreography” they still had the best fieldshows their years as captain in the SWAC. Don’t try Stamper and KP now acting like they haven’t done some of thee most difficult doll routines to date. Then your hair color comment, the dolls have colored their hair before 2010. Don’t try it. I love Micah as captain but don’t try to diss other girls just because they didn’t feel the need to make a difficult routine and they made up for it in the stands because the dolls needed some damn help in the stands. You don’t have to have a difficult routine to be entertaining. There’s a reason why Beautiful People, The Other Side, Gush, and Bayou Classic 16 is still brought and people want to see those remade in the future. Have several seats because you tried it.

Marcus said:

I would like the dolls to go back to picking fresh faces. Four year dolls are not happening as much as it used to. Anytime someone comes in from GnB they bring that influence in with them. Then, the doll style changes. At one point the two squads looked exactly the same. Dolls should be hand picked that’s the only way it should be. As far as hair and makeup just look at the 50th. As soon as the 2010’s hit the field all you saw were wild colored non-favored wigs. Some of the ladies wore the same style wig their entire doll career. The dolls now look like every other hbcu squad. Quite a few look look better than them and that used to be unheard of. However, they’re shopping at the same wig stores lol. I liked Micah as captain simply because she can outdance most of her squad. You guys are focused on who can lead stands the best. Stands can be groomed. Talent on the field can’t! If you check out Gabby’s year you’ll see her run to the back of the formation shortly after the routine starts. Every routine! Stamper and KP had lackluster choreography because they couldn’t do anything more difficult. So, it was fancy arms and hair shaking the whole time. Micah is the best talent wise since April.

I 100% agree with everything you just said, but folks take the comparisons too far sometimes. It often feels stifling rather than constructive. They will not be the last to influence or innovate. They also had their share of haters despite the legacies they  have left, but people can't appreciate greatness until it is gone.

What's happening? said:

Well damn I see no lies at all. One thing that I do have to say is that the comparison to KP and especially Stamper won’t go away for future captains. KP had a humongous impact on the doll brand and then you have a crab that looks exactly like her so the comparisons won’t stop. Now onto Stamper, every captain from now on will be compared to her. She created a legacy for herself but the doll line from now on is her legacy. Like last year that line was legit just her babies, this year only one person on the team isn’t her legacy. So from now on the doll line is her legacy. I wish they wouldn’t get compared but the fact that brought in a new era and is still brought up the comparison won’t stop, which has been an issue for the girls that she taught who became captain.

MellyMel said:

The DD4L fans were not the worst. I have seen a lot of rooting for Camryn, but not a lot of bashing other members. Countering those fans, there was a large, vocal group who dumped on Camryn because of her background and "aesthetic" before she even stepped on the field, and it's extremely interesting to see the cognitive dissonance displayed now that she has proven to be one of the most technical, creative, and fluid performers. A truly talented and versatile dancer gets to decide which style they want to mold themselves into not the audience, and leaders in the organization have enough discernment to see who can fit the mold based on their audition, regardless of their background.

Also, the chorus of longstanding doll fans who wanted Jordan to be captain last year was the loudest and they were outright nasty toward Gabby in a way that nearly killed the whole vibe last season. Right behind them are the ones who can't let KP and DS have a true legacy which reverberates in future lines and expect every dancing doll especially the captains to be a carbon copy of Kayla Pittman and Danielle Stamper. I wish people would let these women live and let the current dolls be themselves. A lot of times the commentary surrounding them is not nostalgia, it's just nasty. 

You are speaking nothing but the truth. People didn’t appreciate Gabby or April until they weren’t captains anymore. Dolls definitely don’t end with KP and Stamper as you said. They appreciate too late. They sure did have their haters and they still do as we can see. Some people feel the need to tear them down to uplift the current girls and I agree with you on the stifling part.

MellyMel said:

I 100% agree with everything you just said, but folks take the comparisons too far sometimes. It often feels stifling rather than constructive. They will not be the last to influence or innovate. They also had their share of haters despite the legacies tget have left, but people can't appreciate greatness until it is gone.

What's happening? said:

Well damn I see no lies at all. One thing that I do have to say is that the comparison to KP and especially Stamper won’t go away for future captains. KP had a humongous impact on the doll brand and then you have a crab that looks exactly like her so the comparisons won’t stop. Now onto Stamper, every captain from now on will be compared to her. She created a legacy for herself but the doll line from now on is her legacy. Like last year that line was legit just her babies, this year only one person on the team isn’t her legacy. So from now on the doll line is her legacy. I wish they wouldn’t get compared but the fact that brought in a new era and is still brought up the comparison won’t stop, which has been an issue for the girls that she taught who became captain.

MellyMel said:

The DD4L fans were not the worst. I have seen a lot of rooting for Camryn, but not a lot of bashing other members. Countering those fans, there was a large, vocal group who dumped on Camryn because of her background and "aesthetic" before she even stepped on the field, and it's extremely interesting to see the cognitive dissonance displayed now that she has proven to be one of the most technical, creative, and fluid performers. A truly talented and versatile dancer gets to decide which style they want to mold themselves into not the audience, and leaders in the organization have enough discernment to see who can fit the mold based on their audition, regardless of their background.

Also, the chorus of longstanding doll fans who wanted Jordan to be captain last year was the loudest and they were outright nasty toward Gabby in a way that nearly killed the whole vibe last season. Right behind them are the ones who can't let KP and DS have a true legacy which reverberates in future lines and expect every dancing doll especially the captains to be a carbon copy of Kayla Pittman and Danielle Stamper. I wish people would let these women live and let the current dolls be themselves. A lot of times the commentary surrounding them is not nostalgia, it's just nasty. 

I'm the biggest Gabby fan ever, but I thought she got her appreciation last year.

I thought people were hard on her at first, but it seemed to me that she had won folks over by the 4rth game or so. Maybe it's because I'd read a lot of youtube comments, which were mostly positive, but it didn't cross my mind much that people were being unappreciative of her as a captain, especially not when it came to the fieldshows.

Exactly, baby its not that serious. Those girls can adapt just like Cam did. Every girl on the dd4l team dont like to buck, which is why they learn more than just buck. They like Ballet, and Technique. Let em tryout if they want. Every dancer isnt a Jsette, or Stingette fan. These girls actually love the Dolls as well as the Style. If they make it they make it if they dont then they dont. But nothing will tarnish the 50 year old legacy I mean come on. We gotta stop being prejudice to these dancers because you dont like the style or dance that they came from.

Truth_Serum said:

How is 18 year old girls trying out for a college dance team really going to affect your life?  The brand has 50 years of legacy and history, it will be ok.  Shrugs 

Glammy08 said:

I was a fan of the show and Crystianna was my absolute fav buuuutttt NO!!! I am PRAYING that all of the Jackson dolls don’t flood southern in hopes of becoming a doll. I don’t want to be mean but I just really don’t want a team full of DD4L. Comparable to how many of you all don’t want it to become McKinley all over again I’m hoping and praying this isn’t the case for DD4L. Please God, I’m just now tolerating Cam (and I loved her on the show).

louisianaboi08 said:

Kanarie as well as Crystianna were both at High school day on Saturday hmmm interesting. Kanarie is def a beast when it comes to Technique and she has a strong ballet background. You can tell Crystianna is huge fan of Jada! She had Jada all over her instagram, Tailyns little sister is a beast as well! We shall see but im sure it will be girls fighting for those 5 open spots come next year. I'm actually excited we get to see a fresh new team next year. Should be interesting.

Kaylon Voovam said:

Don’t forget about Madisyn, Kanarie, and Tailyn’s little sister auditioning next year. There are also a lot of GnB that will be re-auditioning as well. I hate to be the one to say it, but I just cant see Chyna as a Doll. She is SUPER talented but she needs help in the hair and makeup department. Her hair color and quality always looks so tacky. AGAIN, not trying to nitpick her but she is too talented and gorgeous of a young lady to be walking around trying to look like a human barbie doll. Sometimes less is more. Jonas and Connor have done a good job in taming her aesthetics so far.

P.H. said:

All eyes on Aniya! Yes.

Sugamama said:

Her, chyna and Aniya

Leo said:

I would love for Jada to make Captain and make Camryn tail. I hope they have 5 or more crabs like 2015. im lowkey excited. Do yall see it for Samaria making dolls next season? She might have a chance with 5 openings availiable 

Also, I've been meaning to say this. The 50th Homecoming routine from the current Dolls was kind of reminiscent of last seasons routines routines imo. It's like that routine is where they should have started this year to continue the movement uphill from last year fieldshows imo. 

The energy, the music, the choreography and everything reminded me of last year. I wondered if Gabby had a big hand in the choreography since it was such a big event and she seemed, judging by pictures and videos of her excitement, the most proud of the doll legacy. Idk

All i know is I want to see whatever they did for Homecoming in a full feature routine.  The regality of their look in that princess V cut leo with the Pearl embellished collar and the very appropo bun. (Why let the detail of that collar get lost in hair)  actually ADDED to the choreo.  Everything was clean. Every move perfect. The kickline was perfection.  The detail like the right head turn in the kickline would have been lost to hair.  I have to see that feature full out!  

Mika Smith said:

Also, I've been meaning to say this. The 50th Homecoming routine from the current Dolls was kind of reminiscent of last seasons routines routines imo. It's like that routine is where they should have started this year to continue the movement uphill from last year fieldshows imo. 

The energy, the music, the choreography and everything reminded me of last year. I wondered if Gabby had a big hand in the choreography since it was such a big event and she seemed, judging by pictures and videos of her excitement, the most proud of the doll legacy. Idk

That field show hit in every level! I hope this is what we are getting the rest of the season.

SUarchitect said:

All i know is I want to see whatever they did for Homecoming in a full feature routine.  The regality of their look in that princess V cut leo with the Pearl embellished collar and the very appropo bun. (Why let the detail of that collar get lost in hair)  actually ADDED to the choreo.  Everything was clean. Every move perfect. The kickline was perfection.  The detail like the right head turn in the kickline would have been lost to hair.  I have to see that feature full out!  

Mika Smith said:

Also, I've been meaning to say this. The 50th Homecoming routine from the current Dolls was kind of reminiscent of last seasons routines routines imo. It's like that routine is where they should have started this year to continue the movement uphill from last year fieldshows imo. 

The energy, the music, the choreography and everything reminded me of last year. I wondered if Gabby had a big hand in the choreography since it was such a big event and she seemed, judging by pictures and videos of her excitement, the most proud of the doll legacy. Idk

Yes, that fieldshow was good! It had the same "grand" feel as the shows last season. 

I'd love to see an extended version too. Didn't even realize it was so short.

I agree on things getting lost due to hair too. 

This reminded me of the convo about the current dolls not having the sex appeal or displaying "grown woman" of the older dolls. I think your age as a poster comes into plays into that a little. There have been numerous comments about Cam being "sexy" and every time I see her dance she looks like a little girl to me. I realized I'm significantly older than her so that judgement isn't really in my wheelhouse. I think a lot of yall comments about who is sexy and who is not comes from a similar place. 



Truth_Serum said:

Cam ate all season!  She exudes sensuality without even trying.  She danced to ‘He Loves Me’like it was suppose to be done.  Once that confidence got there, it was a wrap!  She already is the queen of the field but something about her this year changed in the stands.  I think someone said it best the other post, she definitely done got some college experiences.   FYI, they can’t show her love on here because they will have to reconcile with the fact that they were 100% wrong about her!  

MellyMel said:

Cam outsexes pretty much everyone else on the squad with her dancing maybe except Kaylon. Go back and watch He Loves Me. She was serving sensuality the entire time and her back bend in unison with the team at the end was more eye catching than even the current tail's. The entire performance proves my point. 

Meanwhile, you repeatedly (and have again in this thread) accused others of discounting Micah's talent for her "look" regardless of the actual criticism they present.  Then you proceeded to do exactly what it is you accuse everyone else of doing in your reply to me about Cam. You should practice what you preach.

My only criticism of Micah has been that her count selections do not accompany the music in the background and ride the beat as consistently as they should. And that is one of the biggest factors in the quality of a performance. Honestly, I have been impressed by pretty much everything else she has done overall. Plus I think she has gotten better with her count selections over time.

Jason said:

Cam doesn't have the allure/sex appeal to be Tail. If she makes it again next year, she will probably be in a similar spot on the 3rd row.

MellyMel said:

Kaylon is also my pick for captain next year based off of her performance this season. Her skillset, attention to detail, and versatility is just very high. And Camryn I believe has the potential to be a legendary tail based on her performance this season as well. She has the best back bends, layouts, body rolls, and creative flair in the way she executes her counts. Her sitdown on IDGAF tonight is a prime example.

Tonight showed why any of these women could lead well. Micah does her thing with consistency and power. Taneria's energy is infectious. Jordan really feels the music and tells a story. Gabby shut it down. The musicality, count selection, and facials are off the charts. Her performance tonight was a masterclass. 

We’re probably close in age and I’ve been on bandhead for years.  Grew up on 90’s Doll and I’ve actually seen them in person several times.  Family full of SWAC graduates and dancers, it’s a part of our culture.  As far as what is sexy, that’s subjective.  Last year she absolutely looked like a little girl but her growth this year is amazing. As I stated earlier, it’s subjective and people gravitate towards different dancers for different reasons. I personally consider her dancing more fluid and sensual versus sexy. To each it’s own tho.  

Junior Richards said:

This reminded me of the convo about the current dolls not having the sex appeal or displaying "grown woman" of the older dolls. I think your age as a poster comes into plays into that a little. There have been numerous comments about Cam being "sexy" and every time I see her dance she looks like a little girl to me. I realized I'm significantly older than her so that judgement isn't really in my wheelhouse. I think a lot of yall comments about who is sexy and who is not comes from a similar place. 



Truth_Serum said:

Cam ate all season!  She exudes sensuality without even trying.  She danced to ‘He Loves Me’like it was suppose to be done.  Once that confidence got there, it was a wrap!  She already is the queen of the field but something about her this year changed in the stands.  I think someone said it best the other post, she definitely done got some college experiences.   FYI, they can’t show her love on here because they will have to reconcile with the fact that they were 100% wrong about her!  

MellyMel said:

Cam outsexes pretty much everyone else on the squad with her dancing maybe except Kaylon. Go back and watch He Loves Me. She was serving sensuality the entire time and her back bend in unison with the team at the end was more eye catching than even the current tail's. The entire performance proves my point. 

Meanwhile, you repeatedly (and have again in this thread) accused others of discounting Micah's talent for her "look" regardless of the actual criticism they present.  Then you proceeded to do exactly what it is you accuse everyone else of doing in your reply to me about Cam. You should practice what you preach.

My only criticism of Micah has been that her count selections do not accompany the music in the background and ride the beat as consistently as they should. And that is one of the biggest factors in the quality of a performance. Honestly, I have been impressed by pretty much everything else she has done overall. Plus I think she has gotten better with her count selections over time.

Jason said:

Cam doesn't have the allure/sex appeal to be Tail. If she makes it again next year, she will probably be in a similar spot on the 3rd row.

MellyMel said:

Kaylon is also my pick for captain next year based off of her performance this season. Her skillset, attention to detail, and versatility is just very high. And Camryn I believe has the potential to be a legendary tail based on her performance this season as well. She has the best back bends, layouts, body rolls, and creative flair in the way she executes her counts. Her sitdown on IDGAF tonight is a prime example.

Tonight showed why any of these women could lead well. Micah does her thing with consistency and power. Taneria's energy is infectious. Jordan really feels the music and tells a story. Gabby shut it down. The musicality, count selection, and facials are off the charts. Her performance tonight was a masterclass. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Marchingsport.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service