Let’s continue the conversation. 

Views: 11632

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Additionally, seeing Jada and Taneria as third-year and fourth-year veterans, respectively, has made me remark: that's what infectious energy looks like with better control and form. I think that's the direction going forward--we can entertain and slay with classic, timeless refinement and skill. 

Totally agree...I'm hoping they go a shared/co-captain route next season because they're different but complement each other very well. One is the yin to the other's yang.

And in addition to that, we haven't had a co-captain since 2015, and I think that's created a bit of staleness since it's now become so uncommon to see anyone but the captain up front.

P.H. said:

She's clinical á la Linkford, Gabby, and Jordan, which I don't think translates as well upfront. Fortunately, Jada and Kaylon seem close enough--and hopefully, it remains that way when/if they make the team for next year--that it's highly probable they'll make the other co-captain. Jada is my choice if there must be one, but ideally, they'd balance each other out well, leading and shaping the squad together.

Jada seems more assertive, charismatic, imaginative, and personable. She just has that je ne sais quoi. You can't teach her spark. She just has it. She's the creative of the duo. Kaylon is the technical of the duo. She's disciplined, consistent, refined, and skilled; however, she stays within those parameters. Jada dares and disarms, and she does it infectiously. The upside, she also possesses many of the same qualities and traits as Kaylon. Jada is the more balanced and well-rounded of the duo, and when it comes to effective leadership, that's essential for relatability. 

Mika Smith said:

The more I watch Kaylon, the more I think she is probably the best fit for captain next. I dont see her bringing a lot of slayage or entertainment, but something more traditional and refined. Idk

I think Jada performs from her head to her toes. However, Jaylon’s lines are beautiful and it is a joy to watch her articulate choreography. I will just wait until next season before I state a preference. By the way, do y’all think that tryouts will be earlier this year due to potentially having a large crab class?

We all should just let them make the team first. I believe they will but until they are actually on the team I am not picking a captain. Either of 17 is fine for me! I just hope for a team of more than 8 and a crab class of more than 2.

I feel bad for doubting Cam. Her form is getting better and better and there is no denying that she is a beast with technique. She has had lots of jazz and ballet technique at Broadway dance center in nyc prior before her crab year. Arielle also had intense professional dance training as well, both would be great commercial dancers after college,if thats the career path that they chose. Im so proud of this years sqaud. I think they took a step back with field shows, but next year will be better i think.

No!   You speak for majority of the Gabbyettes.  Gabby was Gabby but she looked gorgeous!   What a beauty! 

Kaylon Voovam said:

I believe I speak for majority of the fans when I say, Gabby gave us everything we wanted this season in a 3 minute clip. Taneria was great, but I wish she led a different song. Jordan was... Jordan(which isn’t necessarily good or bad). IMO, Gabby stole the show tonight....honestly. From hair, makeup , COUNT SELECTION, facials... she gets her 10s across the board. However, I respect your opinion and understand that she isn’t your “cup of tea”. I still stan Gabby and the ENTIRE ‘16 and ‘15 after tonight.

nsuking2005 said:

Gabby was Gabby...she did well but she'll just never be my cup of tea up front. And Jordan was Jordan, which...yeah, moving on.

Taneria was easily the best of the 3...really enjoyed her leading, actually. That being said, this one song isn't enough to convince me that she would've been a better choice as captain...I think she just happens to do really well with uptempo. (And given her injury, the notion of her as captain is a moot point, anyway).

This largely just reaffirmed my viewpoint that, of who was available, Micah was the best choice.

I feel the same way! She shut me all the way up this season, I would like to see her on the squad next season. 

Jarrett Goer said:

I feel bad for doubting Cam. Her form is getting better and better and there is no denying that she is a beast with technique. She has had lots of jazz and ballet technique at Broadway dance center in nyc prior before her crab year. Arielle also had intense professional dance training as well, both would be great commercial dancers after college,if thats the career path that they chose. Im so proud of this years sqaud. I think they took a step back with field shows, but next year will be better i think.

I would love for Jada to make Captain and make Camryn tail. I hope they have 5 or more crabs like 2015. im lowkey excited. Do yall see it for Samaria making dolls next season? She might have a chance with 5 openings availiable 

Her, chyna and Aniya

Leo said:

I would love for Jada to make Captain and make Camryn tail. I hope they have 5 or more crabs like 2015. im lowkey excited. Do yall see it for Samaria making dolls next season? She might have a chance with 5 openings availiable 

Well whoever I was speaking for was more entertaining that majority of this season...

Truth_Serum said:

No!   You speak for majority of the Gabbyettes.  Gabby was Gabby but she looked gorgeous!   What a beauty! 

Kaylon Voovam said:

I believe I speak for majority of the fans when I say, Gabby gave us everything we wanted this season in a 3 minute clip. Taneria was great, but I wish she led a different song. Jordan was... Jordan(which isn’t necessarily good or bad). IMO, Gabby stole the show tonight....honestly. From hair, makeup , COUNT SELECTION, facials... she gets her 10s across the board. However, I respect your opinion and understand that she isn’t your “cup of tea”. I still stan Gabby and the ENTIRE ‘16 and ‘15 after tonight.

nsuking2005 said:

Gabby was Gabby...she did well but she'll just never be my cup of tea up front. And Jordan was Jordan, which...yeah, moving on.

Taneria was easily the best of the 3...really enjoyed her leading, actually. That being said, this one song isn't enough to convince me that she would've been a better choice as captain...I think she just happens to do really well with uptempo. (And given her injury, the notion of her as captain is a moot point, anyway).

This largely just reaffirmed my viewpoint that, of who was available, Micah was the best choice.

Gabby had then counts flowing back to back and they all fit the music.

I keep going back to Taneria's performance. She had the whole team smiling and dancing with joy. Infectous. Loved it!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Marchingsport.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service