Views: 30108

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

I didn’t explicitly state she was overbearing. I agree with you, she’s likely setting a tone; however, as I’ve mentioned, this is similar behavior and conduct of former directors over other prestigious teams, which went unchecked and it eventually became problematic. The aggregation of control and rein needs to be kept in check by the band director. If this were a high school team, I’d favor it. This is a collegiate dance line, though. These are adult women. When it’s showtime, let the captain and the team members do their thing. 

A director is there for administrative oversight—oversee the brand integrity and its logistics. When that’s compromised or threatened, then by all means, intervene. Otherwise, let the team you’ve auditioned and comprised to independently do their thing.

I know you admitted you didn’t know to what context Akai asked Micah to stop, but we can’t express distaste in one person doing and commend another one. I remember you being very expressive about Dr. O doing that to Asia at MCC ‘14, and I agreed with you. I don’t want to hear or see band leadership dictating to the team when they’re in the stands, especially if it doesn’t seem warranted.

Additionally, the in-house business is often exacerbated and soiled by messy stan theories and hearsay. I’m not going to cherry-pick just because it’s the Dolls—a spade is a spade.

HeartOfADancer said:

I get what you're saying. But it's clear to me that she wants things to return to the basics of Doll business. I don't think she's really overbearing. I think she has to set the tone with her expectations and then she'll be able pull back a little bit. Not only that, these girls have pretty much been doing their own thing as far as authority. DT didn't really seem as hands on. I don't foresee any of those petty in-house disputes, unauthorized uniform alterations, egos, or anything that I think has been a damper on them in recent years being an issue under Akai. And sis has her own things going on so I'm not even sure how long she'll be in her role but I hope she can stick around. 

P.H. said:

I respect effective oversight, but this slightly reminds me of Worthy and Bridgette, which means if it isn’t kept in checked, it becomes domineering and hindering. Let the squad flourish and be organically without unwarranted interference. Yes, that can apply to the band leadership as well. She doesn’t need to flex, which is the sense I’m getting from all these praises of her borderline overbearing presence.

HeartOfADancer said:

I wish I could get in some of y’all heads and see what your expectations are. I was pleased with them this weekend from the footage I’ve seen. I may do a breakdown later but let me just touch on the Akai commentary I’ve seen either on here or YouTube. Sis is not a chaperone. She shows up cute as she wants to be but she WORKS! You can see the love and passion she has for those girls and the Doll brand. It seemed to be a slow start to some of you but she has a vision for them and I see she’s truly running the show. Can’t do anything but respect it. Sis is present and vocal. In one of the vids Micah was riding the beat and throwing counts while someone was losing their shit calling Cam’s name, she said “Micah, don’t throw anymore.” And I am weak! Lol! Idk if that was the reason she told her that or not but she’s extremely hands on so please stop beating these ladies up when they are fulfilling the duties given to them from the head, not the spectators. I’m enjoying them and feel like they’re delivering and show growth.

I liked Dtara. 

She was very protective as well, but gave them room to develop into their own it seems. 

Great captains were under her as sponsor, whether there was drama behind the scenes or not.

Also, in the age of social media I would rather her be overbearing and keep the girls safe. Some fans are obsessed and watch their every move. They forget these are college students

Her hair and makeup both look great. :-)

WHS fan said:

Did y’all see Jordan though! Her post on her Doll account says it best! Sis was fierce yesterday. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2t_NytA-H7/?igshid=196kq56kzl5od

Is this P.H. or T.I.?! You don't have to use big words for me. I give a very informal opinion and commentary. LOL! The girls themselves have said how bad things were for them on the team due to their little disagreements and what not. And I don't recall me being that invested in the Stingettes. Even if I was, that's apples and this is oranges. The band director and dance team sponsor are 2 different people. We can agree to disagree tho. I'm pleased with Akai. That's my stance on the topic at the moment. And although these are young adults, they still need someone to advise them. They look happy and love her so let's not beat her up as outsiders. 

P.H. said:

I didn’t explicitly state she was overbearing. I agree with you, she’s likely setting a tone; however, as I’ve mentioned, this is similar behavior and conduct of former directors over other prestigious teams, which went unchecked and it eventually became problematic. The aggregation of control and rein needs to be kept in check by the band director. If this were a high school team, I’d favor it. This is a collegiate dance line, though. These are adult women. When it’s showtime, let the captain and the team members do their thing. 

A director is there for administrative oversight—oversee the brand integrity and its logistics. When that’s compromised or threatened, then by all means, intervene. Otherwise, let the team you’ve auditioned and comprised to independently do their thing.

I know you admitted you didn’t know to what context Akai asked Micah to stop, but we can’t express distaste in one person doing and commend another one. I remember you being very expressive about Dr. O doing that to Asia at MCC ‘14, and I agreed with you. I don’t want to hear or see band leadership dictating to the team when they’re in the stands, especially if it doesn’t seem warranted.

Additionally, the in-house business is often exacerbated and soiled by messy stan theories and hearsay. I’m not going to cherry-pick just because it’s the Dolls—a spade is a spade.

HeartOfADancer said:

I get what you're saying. But it's clear to me that she wants things to return to the basics of Doll business. I don't think she's really overbearing. I think she has to set the tone with her expectations and then she'll be able pull back a little bit. Not only that, these girls have pretty much been doing their own thing as far as authority. DT didn't really seem as hands on. I don't foresee any of those petty in-house disputes, unauthorized uniform alterations, egos, or anything that I think has been a damper on them in recent years being an issue under Akai. And sis has her own things going on so I'm not even sure how long she'll be in her role but I hope she can stick around. 

P.H. said:

I respect effective oversight, but this slightly reminds me of Worthy and Bridgette, which means if it isn’t kept in checked, it becomes domineering and hindering. Let the squad flourish and be organically without unwarranted interference. Yes, that can apply to the band leadership as well. She doesn’t need to flex, which is the sense I’m getting from all these praises of her borderline overbearing presence.

HeartOfADancer said:

I wish I could get in some of y’all heads and see what your expectations are. I was pleased with them this weekend from the footage I’ve seen. I may do a breakdown later but let me just touch on the Akai commentary I’ve seen either on here or YouTube. Sis is not a chaperone. She shows up cute as she wants to be but she WORKS! You can see the love and passion she has for those girls and the Doll brand. It seemed to be a slow start to some of you but she has a vision for them and I see she’s truly running the show. Can’t do anything but respect it. Sis is present and vocal. In one of the vids Micah was riding the beat and throwing counts while someone was losing their shit calling Cam’s name, she said “Micah, don’t throw anymore.” And I am weak! Lol! Idk if that was the reason she told her that or not but she’s extremely hands on so please stop beating these ladies up when they are fulfilling the duties given to them from the head, not the spectators. I’m enjoying them and feel like they’re delivering and show growth.

I’m not using “big words,” and I certainly wasn’t tailoring my response for you. I’m on a message board engaging in the discussion. You all are the most irascible and petulant people, I swear. I shudder to think what your internal dialogues are like because any difference in opinion and perspective sets you all on edge. A few exceptions, of course. I thought you were one, at one point.

HeartOfADancer said:

Is this P.H. or T.I.?! You don't have to use big words for me. I give a very informal opinion and commentary. LOL! The girls themselves have said how bad things were for them on the team due to their little disagreements and what not. And I don't recall me being that invested in the Stingettes. Even if I was, that's apples and this is oranges. The band director and dance team sponsor are 2 different people. We can agree to disagree tho. I'm pleased with Akai. That's my stance on the topic at the moment. And although these are young adults, they still need someone to advise them. They look happy and love her so let's not beat her up as outsiders. 

P.H. said:

HeartOfADancer said:

P.H. said:

HeartOfADancer said:

LOL! I was being facetious. My gosh! I know people on this board can set you on edge, but I didn't even engage in the debate with you. I said we can agree to disagree. Disarm yourself. Chill! 

P.H. said:

I’m not using “big words,” and I certainly wasn’t tailoring my response for you. I’m on a message board engaging in the discussion. You all are the most irascible and petulant people, I swear. I shudder to think what your internal dialogues are like because any difference in opinion and perspective sets you all on edge. A few exceptions, of course. I thought you were one, at one point.

HeartOfADancer said:

P.H. said:

HeartOfADancer said:

P.H. said:

HeartOfADancer said:

The crazed stans are the source for a lot of friction. It’s bound to be some disagreements within a family, that’s life. The stans just need to stay out of it.

WHS fan said:

Also, in the age of social media I would rather her be overbearing and keep the girls safe. Some fans are obsessed and watch their every move. They forget these are college students

Bingo.  But people behind keyboard think it's cute or ok to bash or degrade these ladies on looks.  It's ok to have opinions, but one must be respectful when voicing them.

Peachyp said:

Sorry Kaylon but I had to delete the last discussion.

Everyone please leave discussion about looks alone. Dolls are human beings and shouldn’t be humiliated on a forum. Please keep the discussion solely about dance!

They do it with all squad in attempts to diminish them.  The conversations are always plentiful and redundant.  

Truth_Serum said:

Those were 100% J-Sette counts.  I can’t remember the young lady’s name who danced for the J-Settes or one of the community squads and went to UAPB and basically changed their style.  

I hate the whole Stingettes stole XYZ convo because it’s always stated to try to take away from their shine.  Whether or not they are referential is irrelevant!   That squad is a powerhouse and they have developed their own style.  You can tell that they have invested into their dance program.  Give props when it’s due.  The teams look nothing alike now!

buckingANONYMOUS said:

Lo, i just wanted to comment on something i in the other thread. The two counts that were said to be "Not JSette" or rudimentary lol, they in fact are JSette counts and Stingettes and UAPB took the count from them. Older fans know that the stingettes are hybirds of Jsettes/Dolls to a certain extent.. i'm not going to go into "bucking" because what's understood needs not to be explained.. i just found it funny that yall would say those are not JSette counts LMAO everybody know that.. except the new girls...

Are coordinators paid? Or are they volunteering?

It wasn’t a debate. This is exactly what I’m referring to about most of the posters on here. If anything is said to you all that’s out of the purview of one’s knowledge base, it’s an attack or a debate. Lighten the hell up. It’s the incessant whining that’s irritating. What in the hell are “big words”? They’re just words. I’m thinking to myself, “Damn. I’m just discussing the subject.” You all are so damn touchy over some girls you all don’t know from a can of paint. Bump chill. I need you all to elevate your low ass vibrations. LMAO!

HeartOfADancer said:

LOL! I was being facetious. My gosh! I know people on this board can set you on edge, but I didn't even engage in the debate with you. I said we can agree to disagree. Disarm yourself. Chill! 

P.H. said:

HeartOfADancer said:

P.H. said:

HeartOfADancer said:

P.H. said:

HeartOfADancer said:

RSS

© 2020   Created by Marchingsport.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service