Views: 26283

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Jordan has a lot of fans, but also in the comments when she's lead there's ALWAYs been critiques as well. Her and Micah are one in the same imo, missing the nuances when it comes to count selection and most importantly, execution. 

Maya was another one people called boring and felt she had no excitement. 

I'm wondering what were people saying at the time to defend her?

Blance said:

OK...but you have to admit the general consensus on her would be "YAAASSS!!  SLAY!!" with the same quality set.

Mika Smith said:

Not necessarily because you just described Jordan as well, and I've given my opinions multiple times on her leading and being upfront.
Blance said:

Wheeeeewwwww Chile! People are not ready for this kind of truth. It really is obvious.

Micah gives technique, sass, energy, spunk...and all people do is complain. If someone else was giving all that, it'd be a totally different story...nothing but incessant praise. Embarrassing.

Jason said:

NEWSFLASH! And this may be a very sensitive topic, but let me purge the REAL issue for many of yall, and lets be very clear: Micah is not some of yalls type because you just don't think she is PRETTY enough. However, if you take HER dancing and energy, and replace it with MELODY's face, then some of yall would be absolutely gagging and losing your MF'ing minds and going crazy over her.

Lets be VERY CLEAR, Micah is ABSOLUTELY GEORGEOUS, and her personality is so infectious (if you've ever met her in person). I think she is doing great. This girl is doing everything she absolutely can to prove herself and I CAN SEE that she is literally giving her everything. 

She will never be ENOUGH for some of yall, and it has absolutely nothing to do with her dancing, her personality, her leadership, her character, or anything substantial. Yall just didn't want HER face as the "Face" of the Dancing Dolls. 

Sorry, but I’ll have to disagree with you there. I respect your opinion though. 

Hello, may I speak to 2018 Jada please?

Mika Smith said:

I didn't see a flaw not only in the counts she threw but the way she threw them. 

Her execution was the best on the team last season imo.

I think with Gabby it was more of a height thing, but her movements were so sharp and precise imo.

Be Objective said:

Sidebar: I see a lot of people talking about Gabby's count selection vs. Micah's. I don't agree when people say that Gabby's count selection is better mainly because I can't get past what I considered less than acceptable EXECUTION from her last year; her execution is much better this year.

Count selection is very subjective and to me is a preference thing more than anything. 

Come on, don't do Gabby count selection!

Every count hit a beat, perfection. Execution nearly flawless. Entertaining, Grand, Sophisticated.

What part do you disagree on? Execution? Count Selection? All of it? lol

Be Objective said:

Sorry, but I’ll have to disagree with you there. I respect your opinion though. 

Hello, may I speak to 2018 Jada please?

Mika Smith said:

I didn't see a flaw not only in the counts she threw but the way she threw them. 

Her execution was the best on the team last season imo.

I think with Gabby it was more of a height thing, but her movements were so sharp and precise imo.

Be Objective said:

Sidebar: I see a lot of people talking about Gabby's count selection vs. Micah's. I don't agree when people say that Gabby's count selection is better mainly because I can't get past what I considered less than acceptable EXECUTION from her last year; her execution is much better this year.

Count selection is very subjective and to me is a preference thing more than anything. 

She's not my fav, nor am I stanning for her. I just notice that she will never been enough for some people, and as a PERSON, I am trying to understand. I understand she wont please everybody, but for SOME people, theres an UNDERLYING issue that causes their unrest, whether they know it or not. 

I also think that Micah will be another memorable captain in a few years when people finally appreciate her. Remember, some of yall JUST now coming around to April's reign as Captain, after talking about her boring energy and big teeth. EVERYBODY gets ridiculed, and you can find fault in EVERY single girl on the squad.

Dannie had PLENTY of flaws as Captain TO YALL... from her mess ups in the stands, to "HAIRGATE" in 2016, to satisfactory field shows throughout her 2 year reign, to her falling out of turns and not dancing full out on the field in 2017, to her "making Stingette/McKinley counts in 2017. I don't see Micah having ANY of those issues. So I'm not entirely show why Dannie gets the "best thing since sliced bread" title, and Micah doesn't get the same grace.

DISCLAIMER: I loved Dannie, and I loved the Dolls, periodt. Im not trying to pit one girl against the other. I am just trying to understand the deeper reason why some of yall have different standards for certain captains.

So if you're pretty and have the It-Factor, you can be sub-par? But if you're not a supermodel, then you have to work 5 times as hard?

nsuking2005 said:

.......or some people just aren't as entertained by her as you are. Everyone's not gonna have the same tastes or preferences in entertainment and that's OK.

Doing all of the extra and pathologizing people just because they don't love your favs is a product of stan culture and is so unnecessary. lol

Jason said:

DT was a great captain in 2010, but was painfully overdancing her entire squad, and people wanted her to blend in more. Now you have a Captain that is still more energetic than the entire squad, and lays out (head whips back) like NO OTHER captain has since Seaera, but BLENDS with her squad and doesn't over/outdance them, and people still have a problem. 

NEWSFLASH! And this may be a very sensitive topic, but let me purge the REAL issue for many of yall, and lets be very clear: Micah is not some of yalls type because you just don't think she is PRETTY enough. However, if you take HER dancing and energy, and replace it with MELODY's face, then some of yall would be absolutely gagging and losing your MF'ing minds and going crazy over her.

Lets be VERY CLEAR, Micah is ABSOLUTELY GEORGEOUS, and her personality is so infectious (if you've ever met her in person). I think she is doing great. This girl is doing everything she absolutely can to prove herself and I CAN SEE that she is literally giving her everything. 

She will never be ENOUGH for some of yall, and it has absolutely nothing to do with her dancing, her personality, her leadership, her character, or anything substantial. Yall just didn't want HER face as the "Face" of the Dancing Dolls. And as soon as some of yall get over your own personal unhappiness within yourselves, the sooner you would be able to appreciate her heart and what she IS giving, and NOT who you would rather her look like. 

Peace n love, yall. Some of yall have some serious issues.

Whatitdosu said:

Unfortunately there is no "definitive" answer. You either have it or you don't. Micah doesn't have it. Ya'll can fight for her and back her all day but momma just doesn't have it. She was better behind the Captain. It pains me to say that because she is human, but this decision was a misstep by the higher ups in that organization. To me an example would be like 17. Jada DEFINITELY has the IT factor, but Kaylon doesn't. Jordan HAD the it factor but now she seems bored and ready to go home. KP, Dani, Connor, Seara, all had the it factor. Maya, & Taylor not. HOPE THIS HELPS!

honrae rokermore said:

A TEACHABLE MOMENT; WHAT THAN IS A ' IT ' FACTOR ? CAN YOU BUY IT? IS IT GIFTED OR YOU ARE JUST BORN WITH IT ??? ANSWER SOMEBODY PLEASE WITH A CONSTRUCTIVE OR DEFINITIVE CONCLUSION

Jordan is GROSELY out of form, stiff, and she doesn't even look like a Doll this year. She does not even have a dancers physique anymore, and that wig doesn't make it ANY better. 

I am not trying to hate on Jordan, or any girl, however, I am just playing devil's advocate and being real IN YOUR FACE with it, and trying to point out how some of yall don't critique your FAVS with the same vigor you critique those you are not your favs.

Mika Smith said:

Not necessarily because you just described Jordan as well, and I've given my opinions multiple times on her leading and being upfront.
Blance said:

Wheeeeewwwww Chile! People are not ready for this kind of truth. It really is obvious.

Micah gives technique, sass, energy, spunk...and all people do is complain. If someone else was giving all that, it'd be a totally different story...nothing but incessant praise. Embarrassing.

Jason said:

She will never be ENOUGH for some of yall, and it has absolutely nothing to do with her dancing, her personality, her leadership, her character, or anything substantial. Yall just didn't want HER face as the "Face" of the Dancing Dolls. 

…..and the same people are those ones that say she didn't give them anything in the stands until the 12th game of the season. SMH.  But now, 300 days later, they LOVE her energy, count selection, and execution. lawd hammercy.. lol

Be Objective said:

Jason, I agree with you. Everyone has their faves and that's ok, but this is something different and not many will admit to it. I think it's unfortunate that people choose to pick apart someone in this manner, but people like to throw rocks behind the internet and that's just the day and age we live in. 

Some of the same people speaking about Micah's appearance (or anyone else's for that matter), would be the first in line to take a picture with her and post it on every social media site saying nothing but great things given the opportunity. 

And before anyone says it...yes, everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. 

Jason said:

DT was a great captain in 2010, but was painfully overdancing her entire squad, and people wanted her to blend in more. Now you have a Captain that is still more energetic than the entire squad, and lays out (head whips back) like NO OTHER captain has since Seaera, but BLENDS with her squad and doesn't over/outdance them, and people still have a problem. 

She will never be ENOUGH for some of yall, and it has absolutely nothing to do with her dancing, her personality, her leadership, her character, or anything substantial. Yall just didn't want HER face as the "Face" of the Dancing Dolls. And as soon as some of yall get over your own personal unhappiness within yourselves, the sooner you would be able to appreciate her heart and what she IS giving, and NOT who you would rather her look like. 

Peace n love, yall. Some of yall have some serious issues.

Whatitdosu said:

Unfortunately there is no "definitive" answer. You either have it or you don't. Micah doesn't have it. Ya'll can fight for her and back her all day but momma just doesn't have it. She was better behind the Captain. It pains me to say that because she is human, but this decision was a misstep by the higher ups in that organization. To me an example would be like 17. Jada DEFINITELY has the IT factor, but Kaylon doesn't. Jordan HAD the it factor but now she seems bored and ready to go home. KP, Dani, Connor, Seara, all had the it factor. Maya, & Taylor not. HOPE THIS HELPS!

honrae rokermore said:

A TEACHABLE MOMENT; WHAT THAN IS A ' IT ' FACTOR ? CAN YOU BUY IT? IS IT GIFTED OR YOU ARE JUST BORN WITH IT ??? ANSWER SOMEBODY PLEASE WITH A CONSTRUCTIVE OR DEFINITIVE CONCLUSION

If you think Jordan and Micah have the same level of execution, you are absolutely bat ish crazy, luv. lmao. 

Mika Smith said:

Jordan has a lot of fans, but also in the comments when she's lead there's ALWAYs been critiques as well. Her and Micah are one in the same imo, missing the nuances when it comes to count selection and most importantly, execution. 

Maya was another one people called boring and felt she had no excitement. 

I'm wondering what were people saying at the time to defend her?

Blance said:

OK...but you have to admit the general consensus on her would be "YAAASSS!!  SLAY!!" with the same quality set.

Mika Smith said:

Blance said:

Jason said:

OMG JASON. PLEASEEEEEEEEE GIVE IT A REST! I'M BEGGING YOU. GOING ON AND ON ABOUT MICAH, AND RIDICULING EVERYBODY ELSE IN THE PROCESS JUST BECAUSE A LARGE MAJORITY OF PEOPLE HAVE A DIFFERENT OPINION FROM YOU. Those last 3 post were painful to read. Geeze. 

I usually don't comment but just sit back

and watch people who aren't dolls tell dolls how they should look or how to be dolls

But the truth of the matter yall go hard on Micah because of looks

I am not going to go far as to say skin tone but its definitely looks.
Like dude said if it was Melody giving yall same thing yall would be living

These little phrases like “she dont have nuances” We know what that trully means  

yall complain about the stupiest stuff

My god you can't even have an opinion on a forum anymore. I think her looks is the underlayer chip on YALL shoulder. Not one 
Person in these recent comments said anything about her looks. I know I didn't. I was laughed at when I said I think she the captian. I think she is beautiful!!!!!! Always have!! However, we are allowed to not be happy with this season just like any sports fan or movie fan or when we go to concerts. Nobody on here attacked her personally. That's all on Facebook on the asu group! 
Jasper Whitfield said:

I usually don't comment but just sit back

and watch people who aren't dolls tell dolls how they should look or how to be dolls

But the truth of the matter yall go hard on Micah because of looks

I am not going to go far as to say skin tone but its definitely looks.
Like dude said if it was Melody giving yall same thing yall would be living

These little phrases like “she dont have nuances” We know what that trully means  

yall complain about the stupiest stuff

RSS

© 2020   Created by Marchingsport.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service