The Dolls face off against the Golden girls of Alcorn this week. This is always a nice battle. How do you all think Micah will do against the undefeated Shunti? Everyone is entitled to their own opinions... let’s try and get these threads back on track!!

Views: 21920

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

I think she's coming out of her shell a bit more. She did have a terrified look on her face at times, which is very understandable. I hope that she returns another season because I would love to see her progression. I don't think she's bad though.

Jackson said:

If that’s who SUarchitect is talking about I strongly disagree. Idk what it is about her, but I feel like a switch will flip and she’ll be on. As of right now, she’s trying to blend in and that’s it. 

Dont Mind Me said:

Lindsey. Her name is Lindsey. You can say it. This is a safe space.

SUarchitect said:

I agree. Especially next season.  We're looking at like 5 crabs: 

Taneria ?

Gabby

Micah

I don't see one of the crabs Makin it again. 

Jackson said:

I think Gabby and Jordan could have if they did a captain and co-captain type leadership. Two different approaches that would’ve kept us on our toes. The Dolls need to bring the co-captain element back. Not everyone can be a Dani S. 

SUarchitect said:

I agree. But Jada may have been the only standout, and that would have mainly been presence.  Jada is also more in the pocket, so i don't think any of them would have given much more than Micah up front. 

nsuking2005 said:

Personally, I'm liking the new counts. I think they're giving variety and etching the Dolls forward a bit, but they still feel very "Doll" (which is a gripe I had with some of the new counts from last season).

And my feeling on this year has remained consistent...Micah isn't blowing me away, but she's entertaining me and she's definitely improving from the top of the season. They did what they needed to do at Crankfest...FAR better than the Port City BOTB. I actually feel optimistic for what they're gonna bring this weekend.

That said, I think the reason why folks aren't seeing it for her is because she's not necessarily the kind of dancer who's got that aura about her and is gonna be snatching wigs...she's a very good, reliable dancer. Nothing more, nothing less. And I think we're just in an era where folks wanna be blown away every time. That's not the kind of dancer Micah is and I personally think that's OK. Maybe it's not a 50th anniversary caliber performance, but I'm still enjoying what the Dolls are giving under her.

(But also, I don't think the Dolls, in their current state, have any "all-around" dancers who could've given us the 50th that we needed, tbh...but that's another discussion for another time lol)

I love Lindsey. She reminds me so much of Danielle, and we all know how the Queen turned out. Lol. I agree that Lindsey needs to work on her aesthetics, but she’s definitely the stronger of the two crabs. 

I think Lindsey has some fire in her and is a bit nervous to let it out. I’d give her one more year. She just needs for something to click in her movements.

Right!! Although I will say at Crankfest, she was serving!! She was relaxing a bit more. She really ate on Self Control and Earfquake. I'm here for Ms Lindsey!

Lisa McDaniel said:

I think Lindsey has some fire in her and is a bit nervous to let it out. I’d give her one more year. She just needs for something to click in her movements.


Ion know Band, she doesn’t remind me of Linkford or Stamper.  You’re being really nice today.  Lol.  She reminds me of the girls from 14.  Pretty girl, good dancer but missing that it factor .  She has grown on me though, the other crab is about the same.  I’m sure next year they will glow up.
BandJunkee said:

I love Lindsey. She reminds me so much of Danielle, and we all know how the Queen turned out. Lol. I agree that Lindsey needs to work on her aesthetics, but she’s definitely the stronger of the two crabs. 

Hey, boo!!! Miss you!!!

Lindsey reminds me a lot of Stamper. She’s rough around the edges and has hair problems the way Dannie did. She has the energy and spunk that are reminiscent of Dannie. 

Truth_Serum said:


Ion know Band, she doesn’t remind me of Linkford or Stamper.  You’re being really nice today.  Lol.  She reminds me of the girls from 14.  Pretty girl, good dancer but missing that it factor .  She has grown on me though, the other crab is about the same.  I’m sure next year they will glow up.
BandJunkee said:

I love Lindsey. She reminds me so much of Danielle, and we all know how the Queen turned out. Lol. I agree that Lindsey needs to work on her aesthetics, but she’s definitely the stronger of the two crabs. 

Now that I can see.  I’m back boo, I had to take a break.  Lol.  

BandJunkee said:

Hey, boo!!! Miss you!!!

Lindsey reminds me a lot of Stamper. She’s rough around the edges and has hair problems the way Dannie did. She has the energy and spunk that are reminiscent of Dannie. 

Truth_Serum said:


Ion know Band, she doesn’t remind me of Linkford or Stamper.  You’re being really nice today.  Lol.  She reminds me of the girls from 14.  Pretty girl, good dancer but missing that it factor .  She has grown on me though, the other crab is about the same.  I’m sure next year they will glow up.
BandJunkee said:

I love Lindsey. She reminds me so much of Danielle, and we all know how the Queen turned out. Lol. I agree that Lindsey needs to work on her aesthetics, but she’s definitely the stronger of the two crabs. 

Let Arianna get on that front row next year. She’s gonna let us have it. I know she mad she can’t be seen this season lol. 

SUarchitect said:

I can definitely see what you mean in Lindsey. She and Arielle bodied With Me effortlessly.  There's just something not quite there with her IMO.  It could very well be the presentation.  I expect a drastic change next season with her overall look.  That hair alone is distracting me.  

I can't say that (omg idk her name .. lil KP) is not as strong because we barely catch her on camera. If you haven't watched all season, you wouldnt even know there was a Doll next to Camryn in the back. 

nsuking2005 said:

I don't think Jada is it either, tbh. lol Mind you, she's absolutely the best of the bunch, as far as who I think would be the most exciting up front. But, as someone who prefers more smooth, detailed execution, Jada is still a bit too rough around the edges for me. She's also not the strongest field performer (although, as I've mentioned, she pleasantly surprised me a bit on the first week of "With Me"). But good thing is, she has enough charm, personality and charisma that, as a captain, she could very well be able to make up for those shortcomings.

As far as the current crabs, Lindsey is easily the stronger of the two, IMO. Neither are bad at all but Arianna is more so the one who's just blending in. Granted, Lindsey is in the pocket as well...but she gives some flashes where I can clearly see that fire in her. I feel like she's a breakout performer just waiting to happen.

SUarchitect said:

I agree. But Jada may have been the only standout, and that would have mainly been presence.  Jada is also more in the pocket, so i don't think any of them would have given much more than Micah up front. 

nsuking2005 said:

Personally, I'm liking the new counts. I think they're giving variety and etching the Dolls forward a bit, but they still feel very "Doll" (which is a gripe I had with some of the new counts from last season).

And my feeling on this year has remained consistent...Micah isn't blowing me away, but she's entertaining me and she's definitely improving from the top of the season. They did what they needed to do at Crankfest...FAR better than the Port City BOTB. I actually feel optimistic for what they're gonna bring this weekend.

That said, I think the reason why folks aren't seeing it for her is because she's not necessarily the kind of dancer who's got that aura about her and is gonna be snatching wigs...she's a very good, reliable dancer. Nothing more, nothing less. And I think we're just in an era where folks wanna be blown away every time. That's not the kind of dancer Micah is and I personally think that's OK. Maybe it's not a 50th anniversary caliber performance, but I'm still enjoying what the Dolls are giving under her.

(But also, I don't think the Dolls, in their current state, have any "all-around" dancers who could've given us the 50th that we needed, tbh...but that's another discussion for another time lol)

Will LIZZO perform with the DOLLS AT HALFTIME or just make a video???

That's interesting because I consider Jada one of the most smooth and detailed girls of the current squad in the stands. Even going back to her crab year, I think she was one of the best in terms of form in the stands. 

nsuking2005 said:

I don't think Jada is it either, tbh. lol Mind you, she's absolutely the best of the bunch, as far as who I think would be the most exciting up front. But, as someone who prefers more smooth, detailed execution, Jada is still a bit too rough around the edges for me. She's also not the strongest field performer (although, as I've mentioned, she pleasantly surprised me a bit on the first week of "With Me"). But good thing is, she has enough charm, personality and charisma that, as a captain, she could very well be able to make up for those shortcomings.

As far as the current crabs, Lindsey is easily the stronger of the two, IMO. Neither are bad at all but Arianna is more so the one who's just blending in. Granted, Lindsey is in the pocket as well...but she gives some flashes where I can clearly see that fire in her. I feel like she's a breakout performer just waiting to happen.

SUarchitect said:

I agree. But Jada may have been the only standout, and that would have mainly been presence.  Jada is also more in the pocket, so i don't think any of them would have given much more than Micah up front. 

nsuking2005 said:

Personally, I'm liking the new counts. I think they're giving variety and etching the Dolls forward a bit, but they still feel very "Doll" (which is a gripe I had with some of the new counts from last season).

And my feeling on this year has remained consistent...Micah isn't blowing me away, but she's entertaining me and she's definitely improving from the top of the season. They did what they needed to do at Crankfest...FAR better than the Port City BOTB. I actually feel optimistic for what they're gonna bring this weekend.

That said, I think the reason why folks aren't seeing it for her is because she's not necessarily the kind of dancer who's got that aura about her and is gonna be snatching wigs...she's a very good, reliable dancer. Nothing more, nothing less. And I think we're just in an era where folks wanna be blown away every time. That's not the kind of dancer Micah is and I personally think that's OK. Maybe it's not a 50th anniversary caliber performance, but I'm still enjoying what the Dolls are giving under her.

(But also, I don't think the Dolls, in their current state, have any "all-around" dancers who could've given us the 50th that we needed, tbh...but that's another discussion for another time lol)

What is the schedule for today?

Maybe its because I don't follow the dolls before them, I don't know, but that Conner, Kayla P., and Danielle Linkford are some stunning girls. That was a team.

Will this game be live streaming today, if so by which channel?

RSS

© 2020   Created by Marchingsport.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service