The Dolls face off against the Golden girls of Alcorn this week. This is always a nice battle. How do you all think Micah will do against the undefeated Shunti? Everyone is entitled to their own opinions... let’s try and get these threads back on track!!

Views: 21939

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Well , what do the people want for 50 YRS OF PIZAZZ DOLLSISM???

Well you got another stand routine at the BOTB, plus 8 new counts. Energy was through the roof, and YouTube is absolutely eating it up. So what are yalls criticisms from the BOTB of the bands? Too many curls? Was her shoes too tight? Did she have an ashy elbow? Did she have that 2nd earring in again? What is it?

Tony Payne said:

YUP I agree 200% - this is perfectly worded. Nobody dislikes the dolls or hates Micah we just wanted something new and exciting for them this season. They're just not keeping up with the other teams right now. Graceful and classy CAN evolve with time. Graceful and classy does not equal repetitive and boring. 

Whatitdosu said:

Its called natural evolution, duh. Remember back in the day when the Dolls ONLY did all together counts and one by ones? No variation AT ALL in the stands. Sometimes they didn't even dance when the band played. They would just sit there and look into space. As time progressed, that shit got old af and they started getting flack so they evolved and started adding flare to the counts and different ripples and variations with how the stands were thrown. Back in the day the dolls NEVER did "turn around" or "mirror" counts like everyone else, but they were forced to evolve because they were boring.

We are at that point again with them and they aren't evolving. People are bored with the same thing, the same uniforms, the same boring ass hair, the same make up, the same boring counts (even the new ones are amateur and boring), etc. Its time to evolve again and unfortunately Micah and IKEA missed that opportunity this year. If Jordan was Captain this would've (never mind). I am hopeful that 17 and 18 will evolve next season. *PRAYERS UP*

Jason said:

But other than 17, what other Dolls seasons have you gotten a variation and "surprises" every week? Which year(s) have that happened with the Dolls? I am just trying to understand where this expectation is coming from

Sugamama said:

So......... I love my Dolls but I didn’t even finish watching the highlights Marvin put up yesterday.  I was too busy stalking Stingette highlight videos.

The Dolls are going to Doll.  Outside of port city BOTB,  they have been on standard with the brand.  However,  watching the Dolls the last two weeks is similar to watching an Omega Psi Phi hop show or going to a wedding.....you seen one, you seen them all.  The mechanics may differ, but it is the same.  It  doesn’t mean they are doing bad, or it is even personally boring...but it is the  SAME.  Simple things can alter the “sameness”.   Maybe we will get that today at Crankfest....or not.  I will forever love the Dolls but you got to call it like it is.  It’s no different when your favorite football team looses a game.  You accept defeat but you still ride with your team. 

Exactly! It's never about the actual substance! Let me add 2 new marchin ins to that list too. They wanted more all together, new counts and a stand routine and some more traditional counts that havent seen in a while and With Me routine(gave them 98 and 2005 rendition)....CHECK

Some ppl just need to stick to their opinion that she is not their preference up front cuz the substance argument is weak asf.

Jason said:

Well you got another stand routine at the BOTB, plus 8 new counts. Energy was through the roof, and YouTube is absolutely eating it up. So what are yalls criticisms from the BOTB of the bands? Too many curls? Was her shoes too tight? Did she have an ashy elbow? Did she have that 2nd earring in again? What is it?

Tony Payne said:

YUP I agree 200% - this is perfectly worded. Nobody dislikes the dolls or hates Micah we just wanted something new and exciting for them this season. They're just not keeping up with the other teams right now. Graceful and classy CAN evolve with time. Graceful and classy does not equal repetitive and boring. 

Whatitdosu said:

Its called natural evolution, duh. Remember back in the day when the Dolls ONLY did all together counts and one by ones? No variation AT ALL in the stands. Sometimes they didn't even dance when the band played. They would just sit there and look into space. As time progressed, that shit got old af and they started getting flack so they evolved and started adding flare to the counts and different ripples and variations with how the stands were thrown. Back in the day the dolls NEVER did "turn around" or "mirror" counts like everyone else, but they were forced to evolve because they were boring.

We are at that point again with them and they aren't evolving. People are bored with the same thing, the same uniforms, the same boring ass hair, the same make up, the same boring counts (even the new ones are amateur and boring), etc. Its time to evolve again and unfortunately Micah and IKEA missed that opportunity this year. If Jordan was Captain this would've (never mind). I am hopeful that 17 and 18 will evolve next season. *PRAYERS UP*

Jason said:

But other than 17, what other Dolls seasons have you gotten a variation and "surprises" every week? Which year(s) have that happened with the Dolls? I am just trying to understand where this expectation is coming from

Sugamama said:

So......... I love my Dolls but I didn’t even finish watching the highlights Marvin put up yesterday.  I was too busy stalking Stingette highlight videos.

The Dolls are going to Doll.  Outside of port city BOTB,  they have been on standard with the brand.  However,  watching the Dolls the last two weeks is similar to watching an Omega Psi Phi hop show or going to a wedding.....you seen one, you seen them all.  The mechanics may differ, but it is the same.  It  doesn’t mean they are doing bad, or it is even personally boring...but it is the  SAME.  Simple things can alter the “sameness”.   Maybe we will get that today at Crankfest....or not.  I will forever love the Dolls but you got to call it like it is.  It’s no different when your favorite football team looses a game.  You accept defeat but you still ride with your team. 

Right! As I have said before, when you just don't like something, you will find ways to validate that. Just like Jordan fans love her, so that find everything right with her, even when I feel she has ALOT more shortcomings that 90% of the current girls on the squad. 

I love the Dolls. I don't stan for any one Doll. I just really try to help people understand things from a more well-rounded point of view, and that when people just nitpick, criticize, and cant give 1 compliment without giving 3 negative things, its about THAT person, and not the dancer you're criticizing . 

SUAlum11 said:

Exactly! It's never about the actual substance! Let me add 2 new marchin ins to that list too. They wanted more all together, new counts and a stand routine and some more traditional counts that havent seen in a while and With Me routine(gave them 98 and 2005 rendition)....CHECK

Some ppl just need to stick to their opinion that she is not their preference up front cuz the substance argument is weak asf.

Jason said:

Tony Payne said:

Whatitdosu said:

Jason said:

Sugamama said:

For me personally its not about new stands and stand routines. It more so about the vibe and look this season. There is no denying that Micah SLAYS each and every count! You'd be a hater to say that she is lackluster in that department. They just look plain and flat. I'm bout damn sick of these Shirley Temple ass curls they ALWAYS wear and these dry cleaned ass uniforms from out the band storage room. The look needs updating. Hopefully they can shut me up for Homecoming, but I am not hopeful.

Jason said:

Tony Payne said:

Whatitdosu said:

Jason said:

Sugamama said:

So you're admitting that they SLAY all day long, but you are more worried about they curl patterns and uniforms? Ok got it!  My point exactly. NEXT!!!!

And did you REALLY just criticize them for keeping their uniforms clean? LMAO! I cant with you! lmao. 

Whatitdosu said:

For me personally its not about new stands and stand routines. It more so about the vibe and look this season. There is no denying that Micah SLAYS each and every count! You'd be a hater to say that she is lackluster in that department. They just look plain and flat. I'm bout damn sick of these Shirley Temple ass curls they ALWAYS wear and these dry cleaned ass uniforms from out the band storage room. The look needs updating. Hopefully they can shut me up for Homecoming, but I am not hopeful.

Jason said:

Tony Payne said:

Whatitdosu said:

Jason said:

Sugamama said:

No, I didn't say "THEY" slay. I said "Micah" slays each count. The counts are still basic and boring, but she throws them hard. Stop reaching. You sound like that clown that runs that "dollvillage" IG page. Blindly supporting Micah just because. But I'm done talking about this season and how bored we are. I'm glad you are enjoying the season since its apparently the best you've ever seen and nothing needs improving. 

Jason said:

So you're admitting that they SLAY all day long, but you are more worried about they curl patterns and uniforms? Ok got it!  My point exactly. NEXT!!!!

And did you REALLY just criticize them for keeping their uniforms clean? LMAO! I cant with you! lmao. 

Whatitdosu said:

Jason said:

Tony Payne said:

Whatitdosu said:

Jason said:

Sugamama said:

CAN someone please start a NEW FOREVER DOLLS BLOG FT MORE HEALTHY HAPPIER TIME'S! HAPPY BIG 50

Right!   All the things they listed in earlier threads.  Now that she delivered....  overlook and put in new request.  Never mind the fact that’s it’s not consistent with the brand.  

Jason said:

Tony Payne said:

Whatitdosu said:

Jason said:

Sugamama said:

Jason typically irks my nerves, but he isn't (sorry if those aren't your pronouns) wrong. Dolls gave yall heat at crankfest, hell even at the state fair showdown botb they gave yall heat. Y'all can't give one positive comment, not one thing they did right, nothing. Let's just face it if we didn't watch they would still be going. They would still play etc. etc. None of us make or break the Dolls nor the Jukebox. Constructive criticism is cool, but that non stop bashing ain't.

Entitlement is one hell of a drug. Cause y'all think they owe you or the SWAC new fits, new this, and new that when in reality they owe us NOTHING!!! Those girls are there to DANCE not please the ever so nit picky peanut gallery. Let them have fun. And it's OKAY to not be on the bandwagon and give the Dolls compliments. 

Any of my Doll historians know the years each of these Dolls were captain? With the exception of Shannon. 

Attachments:

I thought the Dolls did a wonderful job this weekend. I feel like they brought it more than ever. I hope they can keep it up. Everyone looked like they were enjoying themselves.

RSS

© 2020   Created by Marchingsport.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service