Galveston Mardi Gras 2013

I just wanted to congratulate all of the bands who performed in Galveston last night.  It was so great seeing all of our Houston Bands representing well.

Waltrip- came down looking like a college

Booker T. Washington- I enjoyed seeing the baby Ocean back on the scene in classic mode.  Its been a minute.

Sterling-great sound as usual

Milby- intense.  Two great battles with Austin.

Davis- I heard yall down the street playing.  Yall are growing and doing good.  I always remember Big Al saying how yall start bar fights. LOL

Wheatley- definately impressive.  The Pride of 5th Ward is getting bigger and stronger by the day.  Definately a force to be reckoned with. 

Yates- I got one word for you: TUBAS !!!!!!!

Kashmere- Glad to see KG back in action again and sounding nice.  Thunder Soul is on its way back up in the Houston ranks. 

Austin- for the first time in over 5 yrs Austin had the SMALLEST BAND at Mardi Gras but it didnt mean a thing. 

Westbury- Always a treat.  Well disciplined, well tuned.  You guys are truly a music machine.

Hope I didnt leave anybody off.  If I did, my bad.  I know we Houston bands are going through a drought right now but we are still pushing forward to build better programs.  EVERYBODY was on their A game last night.  Together we are going to make Houston a mecca for music. 

You need to be a member of bandhead.org to add comments!

Join bandhead.org

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –