Golden Delight 2016

With Desiree & Brianna returning this year as captains. I am really expecting this season to be great like last year. Technique & stands seemed to be a major focus last season. However, I want to see some of the old stand routines come back into play! Not to mention better technical flag work this season. Along with twirling. What are your thoughts?

You need to be a member of bandhead.org to add comments!

Join bandhead.org

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I just saw this after i made a new thread... 

• I am excited all ready. I know that the staff is already preparing for the spring & summer auditions. Hopefully, Cierra will be on leadership with Desi & Bri this season.
  • ... Good topic Kayla.. My thoughts is that we are going to get another solid season from Delight.. With two of the most dynamic captains in Delight's leadership.. (Other than Tisha & Ryann).. It can only go up from last season!.. Though stands was a main point last year.. This year, I think more emphasis should be placed on the twirling.. Primarily the flags.. Majorettes are normally solid.. Now I know most of the girls that come in through Delight now is majority dancers.. Who are taught to twirl.. So I can give a pass for that.. But Delight is known for their unmatched versatility.. Everything has to be 100% polished!... All in all, 2016 season should be yet a stepping stone.. Especially if majority of the veterans return..
  • Im too excited to see what Delight would pull out their hats next year.. i would love to see more over the top Twirling.. Maybe they could incorporate more lyrical dance when the band play ballads

• Well as long as Brianna and Desiree is still leading the ship. Im perfectly fine lol. Plus some more uptempo field features with blazing innovative stands work.
  • Hello all,

SBA you have made great points about the twirling. Last season was not the best I have seen in regards to the twirling! And I put alot of emphasis on that. Because in 2013 & 14 seasons. The flag twirling was very nice. But the actual flag technicality hasnt been there since 2011 after Ryann. Im hoping that we will get that this season. And Aggie Head I would love to see some lyrical dancing during the slow ballads. Or during the introduction of a slow ballad. Like they did at 2014 honda to Spend the Night.
  • Right and "Take me to the King" from "the Breast Cancer Awareness Show in 2013"br/> https://youtu.be/kB67Qb-08t8
    Kayla The Dancer said:
    Hello all,

SBA you have made great points about the twirling. Last season was not the best I have seen in regards to the twirling! And I put alot of emphasis on that. Because in 2013 & 14 seasons. The flag twirling was very nice. But the actual flag technicality hasnt been there since 2011 after Ryann. Im hoping that we will get that this season. And Aggie Head I would love to see some lyrical dancing during the slow ballads. Or during the introduction of a slow ballad. Like they did at 2014 honda to Spend the Night.
  • Couldn't help but notice this
    season 2015 has come to an end. Special thank you to our dynamic captain duo Desiree Hunter and Brianna Blount. We appreciate your service to the ensemble this season. 

The following were awarded with squad superlatives for the 2015 Season:

Best Majorette: QuiNeshia Graham
    Best Flag Twirling: Portia Holloman
    Best Stands; Desiree Hunter & Kelli Best
    Best Showmanship: Alexis Sides
    Best Walks: Ashlei Randolph
    Best Field Dance/Technique: Brianna Blount
    Sweetheart Award: QuiNeshia Graham
    Leadership Award: KeAsiah McLaughlin
    Staff Award: Brittany Adkins
    Most Improved: Jenai Howard
    Most Photogenic: Cierria Hendricks
    Rookie of the Year: KeAsiah McLaughlin
    Most Outstanding Delight: Desiree Hunte
    you earned it Desiree!
  • Congrats to all the Delights. And yes, Desiree deserved all around Delight.
  • If anything with the superlatives. Cierra definitely fits Most Photogenic. She always gave that sultry look on either the camera or videos. Most outstanding could of been either Desiree or Brianna imo. And speaking of twirling. This season, I would love to see all of the girls twirl batons in a feature like they did at Aggie/Eagle 2010 & 2013 honda botb performance.
This reply was deleted.