Golden Delight Staff goes off on fans for asking for more footage ... I'm not sure about this one

Yall know I love Golden Delight and the Delight Staff,  but the tone in the post would leave a bad taste in anyone's mouth. 

Views: 1489

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Again, no one is stopping anyone from filming them if they are so upset about it. I am content with the BGMM page and I am a fan of the band and the dance line. Trust and believe, if they don’t put any videos out, they do enough leg work doing high BOTB’s, hosting clinics  plus recruitment nights visiting high schools to keep going. Both the band Greek organizations are top notch and get recognition on a national level. So they will still have fans regardless. I mean, what competition do they have in the area? So yeah it is always an option to return to the pre social media days because at the end of the day views on YouTube are appreciated but not necessary for them to exist.

If you are upset with the tone, I get it. You have every right to be.. Just like I have a right to be upset with the demands of non revenue producing bratty fans who aren’t content with what they band staff provides for free.

Hi I'm Aggiehead call me Mother said:

I'm simply talking about the tone of the message. Nor the message itself. It simply could have be worded a lot differently. And Going back to the age before social media really isn't an opinion because as so you know if you dont post you don't exist. If people can't search Golden Delight and find content easily people lose interest. I dont care how good you are. The BGMM media team does a great job producing content for the band. However, Golden Delight has their own fan base and the consume media differently. The BGMM media team doesn't do a good job providing media for that fan that are only into danceline because thats not their focus. But if thats the route A&T's band wants to go, Thats Fine and Dandy too. But there is a better why to say it, or simply make the transition and dont say anything at all. Sometimes silence is Golden. 

WHS fan said:

Well they said they aren’t and considering not doing it at all so....And since it is at their discretion what they do with their time what are we really talking about then? I guess we will have to return to being the fans we were before social media. 
Also, nothing stops anyone from being independent ex. Killa Kev etc if they wanted too. Invest in cameras, tickets, flights whatever.  I am sure the staff will not mind if you communicate with them.

Imma choose my words and imma choose not to say some things lol, and because you seem to be an Aggie imma mind my tone.. Just know  there is a reason why people dont come to A&T games to record the BGMM.  And since you think Youtube views aren't necessary there is no use in talkin about it... We'll just be at an Impasse. LOL.. but i do want to address the "non revenue producing fans" ........ you know what nevermind,  lol you can have it... its too hard to type a response that is respectful and informative, im holding back so much lol... good luck to the squad and good luck to the band.. happy fundraising!!! 

WHS fan said:

Again, no one is stopping anyone from filming them if they are so upset about it. I am content with the BGMM page and I am a fan of the band and the dance line. Trust and believe, if they don’t put any videos out, they do enough leg work doing high BOTB’s, hosting clinics  plus recruitment nights visiting high schools to keep going. Both the band Greek organizations are top notch and get recognition on a national level. So they will still have fans regardless. I mean, what competition do they have in the area? So yeah it is always an option to return to the pre social media days because at the end of the day views on YouTube are appreciated but not necessary for them to exist.

If you are upset with the tone, I get it. You have every right to be.. Just like I have a right to be upset with the demands of non revenue producing bratty fans who aren’t content with what they band staff provides for free.

I'm simply talking about the tone of the message. Nor the message itself. It simply could have be worded a lot differently. And Going back to the age before social media really isn't an opinion because as so you know if you dont post you don't exist. If people can't search Golden Delight and find content easily people lose interest. I dont care how good you are. The BGMM media team does a great job producing content for the band. However, Golden Delight has their own fan base and the consume media differently. The BGMM media team doesn't do a good job providing media for that fan that are only into danceline because thats not their focus. But if thats the route A&T's band wants to go, Thats Fine and Dandy too. But there is a better why to say it, or simply make the transition and dont say anything at all. Sometimes silence is Golden. 

WHS fan said:

Well they said they aren’t and considering not doing it at all so....And since it is at their discretion what they do with their time what are we really talking about then? I guess we will have to return to being the fans we were before social media. 
Also, nothing stops anyone from being independent ex. Killa Kev etc if they wanted too. Invest in cameras, tickets, flights whatever.  I am sure the staff will not mind if you communicate with them.

Never feel you have to hold back... my feelings are only bruised by folks who have a direct impact on my life. But I can respect your decency and the respect you have. I do go to most of the home games so if you go let me know if you wish to discuss it offline. 

We just disagree on this! Doesn’t mean we can’t chill at a game and talk civilized.

Imma choose my words and imma choose not to say some things lol, and because you seem to be an Aggie imma mind my tone.. Just know  there is a reason why people dont come to A&T games to record the BGMM.  And since you think Youtube views aren't necessary there is no use in talkin about it... We'll just be at an Impasse. LOL.. but i do want to address the "non revenue producing fans" ........ you know what nevermind,  lol you can have it... its too hard to type a response that is respectful and informative, im holding back so much lol... good luck to the squad and good luck to the band.. happy fundraising!!! 

WHS fan said:

WHS fan said:

I'll even buy us a fish plate!!!!!

WHS fan said:

Never feel you have to hold back... my feelings are only bruised by folks who have a direct impact on my life. But I can respect your decency and the respect you have. I do go to most of the home games so if you go let me know if you wish to discuss it offline. 

We just disagree on this! Doesn’t mean we can’t chill at a game and talk civilized.

WHS fan said:

WHS fan said:

Yes let’s give it up for Off the Hook and the cake slices from Favor Desserts!!!

I'll even buy us a fish plate!!!!!

WHS fan said:

WHS fan said:

WHS fan said:

Lol right

Let us know how you really feel. 

OUTDA GAME said:

I believe Miss Tiff herself wrote that post. She has a tight reign on everything GD and honestly she’s a nice nasty person. They should be glad ppl want footage. That’s why the swag is so popular. You can watch them from March in to March out. But gd is so stuck up they just don’t care. I been tuned out and it’s my alma mater. Those tired routines and weak ass meac stands are blah and Gd is over hyped blah. Back to swac footage I go.

I think it was rude, nasty and uncalled for. First of all, it' 2019 and I'm sorry but videography is becoming a staple and damn near a requirement if you want your team to be considered a heavy hitter and visible. These are the times we live in. And being a SWAC grad, I definitely didn't like the dig at our teams. Don't get mad that your fans want more of what we serve. While I appreciate time dedicated to training, as a teacher and former coach, it's not that hard to keep it up yourself and post. That's the only way these girls outside of NC along the east coast can get a taste/feel for the team.

Shows a clear lack of knowledge regarding branding, marketing, and sheer professionalism. Great exposure can lead to sponsorships, professional gigs, etc.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Marchingsport.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service