Golden Delight... Then & Now!!!... How true is this?... Delight fans let's talk!

So, this clip is very interesting.  For me and some other people have shared some of the same views.  And quite frankly,  this has been a mediocre season for GD. Let's discuss 2019 amongst other things! 

Views: 697

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I don't know.  Truthfully,  I would want another skilled dancer, with dancing background to be captain next year. Really believe that makes all the difference. 

jessie said:

Definitely agree.  I think next season will be a better season for her.  

Bandfanatic1984 said:

Right. I'm not saying she is bad, but she needs to work on technique and field choreography! And get the stands back to being more cohesive! 

jessie said:

I'm not even going to lie. This wasn't the best GD season.  It sure wasn't bad either.  What most of us have come to expect is that every GD captain brings something different and innovative to the squad.  This year, it was bland. I do hope they give us some good stands and a great field routine at the celebration bowl.  

As for the video and purpose  of this thread.  GD has lost some of it's flair this season.  Other than the Duke game,  and the recent battle of the bands.  I wasn't thrilled this season like I normally are with them.  The stands was blah and the field was just "ok". I do hope they really bring it at the celebration bowl like they did last year. Keke had amazing field choreography and stands was really great. The basics is what I think Marci should get back to. Bring that womanly laid back Delight vibe back! 

I still say that Marci was good this season.  The same exact thing was said about Keke her first year!

jessie said:

You went in on Marci didn't you lol. With her transitioning from a cheerleader to dancer.  That I believe is a factor into why her shaky field technique and choreography. 

Bandfanatic1984 said:

Lmao,  let's not get to salty boo. But from what I recall on the last  thread. Mrs. Tiffany stated that Marci did not come up with any of the choreography.  So um yeah. And let's talk about the cohesiveness of the squad,  choreography on the field,  Marci messing up on the field.  Bad technique,  unpointed toes, Pfunk looking a mess. Shall I  go on? Lol. Good moments does not equal up to a GREAT season btw!

Jackie S. said:

Don't start.  Marci has had great moments as captain this year.  You act like she was just terrible this season.  Here is some of the best moments this season 

Bandfanatic1984 said:

What made Marci such a great captain this season? And provide evidence!

Jackie S. said:

Personally,  I feel like the old GD was decent for that era. You talking about 10 yrs ago.  Where there have been alot more innovation,  technique,  stands choreography,  uniforms  etc added to the squad.  As for this season,  I think Marci did great.  For her first year as captain.  Many may disagree,  but I'm sticking by my statement!

Not true about Keke!!! People was not happy with Keke stands her first year! 

Liz said:

As for the video and purpose  of this thread.  GD has lost some of it's flair this season.  Other than the Duke game,  and the recent battle of the bands.  I wasn't thrilled this season like I normally are with them.  The stands was blah and the field was just "ok". I do hope they really bring it at the celebration bowl like they did last year. Keke had amazing field choreography and stands was really great. The basics is what I think Marci should get back to. Bring that womanly laid back Delight vibe back! 

Golden Delight had a fair season but not as exciting as I expected. The Duke game was a thrill and the highlight for me. I hope the Celebration Bowl brings something different. 
I did not care for the changes to Neck at all.  The PFunk tunnel has been somewhat sloppy but I will say Tanisha did well as the tail of P Funk at the Bethune Cookman game. I have to agree the uniforms did nothing for me this year which is highly unusual for GD. May be because this is a larger squad and make be harder to outfit. Anyway, I am sure next year will be better after Marci gets this year under her belt. It will be interesting to see who makes it back next year. I like them better with 15 girls in the stands. It looks cleaner. They are still the squad in the MEAC though

I agree with this.  Delight is my favorite MEAC  team. And I felt like something was a little off about them this season.  I'm ready to see something refreshing at the celebration bowl! 

Goldie Black said:

Golden Delight had a fair season but not as exciting as I expected. The Duke game was a thrill and the highlight for me. I hope the Celebration Bowl brings something different. 
I did not care for the changes to Neck at all.  The PFunk tunnel has been somewhat sloppy but I will say Tanisha did well as the tail of P Funk at the Bethune Cookman game. I have to agree the uniforms did nothing for me this year which is highly unusual for GD. May be because this is a larger squad and make be harder to outfit. Anyway, I am sure next year will be better after Marci gets this year under her belt. It will be interesting to see who makes it back next year. I like them better with 15 girls in the stands. It looks cleaner. They are still the squad in the MEAC though

Right,  after this year. I believe Marci will be ok. I actually liked some of the new choreography she brought to the stands. The Duke performance was the best from them this season.  And I enjoyed the NSU battle. 

Goldie Black said:

If I remember correctly,  some people was just saying how they wanted Keke to come with a great stand routine.  Her field shows was on point!  

Jackie S. said:

Liz said:

Keke first year as captain.  My favorite fieldshow from that year. And stands

Jackie S. said:

Liz said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Marchingsport.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service