WHO's IN - Golden Passionettes 2017-2018 (Who's In, Who's Out, Who's New, Who's Not)

Golden Passionettes (17-18) - Including Mama D (Staff Advisor) and the Chance The Choreographer

(l-r: #5-Andrece (3yr), #12-Megan (3yr), #3-Melissa (2yr), #19-Elyse (Gunkie - Transfer from Alabama State), #1-Trinity, Wynter (5yr-Captain), Mama D (Advisor), Mykia (2yr, Co-captain), #9-Shaye (Gunkie-Former YCDT), #17-Kiera (Gunkie), #6-Maurissa (Gunkie), #2-Brianna (2yr), #8-Dannie (2yr)

2017 Gunkies with Captain, Wynter and Co Captain, Mykia

Wynter R. (Captain 17-18, 5yr vet) served as the unofficial Co-captain during the 16-17 season

• HS - Benjamin Cardozo Dance Program (Queens NY,4yrs)
  • Studios & Dance Teams: Jasper Performing Arts Center (HS and Middle)), Albany State Felines Dancer (Semi Pro Arena Football). Platinum Divas 15-17, Genesis Dance School, PS30 Dance Troupe
  • Other Activities: Praise Dance Teams (Captain 2yr Anointed Vessels - Albany State Choir & Home Church in St. Albans, New York)
  • Delta Phi Delta
  • Wynter front row far right with black leggings with yellow and red top.

Mykia C. (Co-captain - 2yr vet, 2016 Gunkie Leader)

• HS: Ramsay HS Marching Band (Blue Diamond Captain 15-16, 4yr vet), Softball Team (4yr), Homecoming Court (1st Attendant), Cheerleading
  • Studios & Dance Teams: Dancing Stars Studio (DS Elite Travel Comp Team (Captain 15-16, 2yrs), Corky Bell Dance Studio, Ebony Arrington Dance Studio, M.A.D Skillz Dance Company
  • Platinum Diva 16-17

2016 Auditions - Solo

Views: 1064

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Wynter (Captain) and Mykia (Co-Captain) with their Babies

Gunkies 2017 [#19-Elyse (T), #1-Trinity (F), #9-Shaye (J), #17-Kiera (F), #6-Maurissa (F)]

Any thoughts on the Tryout Routine?

Congrats to Coach Kevin (Keira, Captain - Ruby Red Dancing Dolls, Hephzibah high school)

Congrats to Coach Britney of Royal Essence Dance Team (Atlanta, GA) (#1-Elyse, #19-Trinity)

Maurissa (Captain - Golden Girls - Peach County HS Marching Band - Derrick Johnson (BD)

Congrats to Coach Supa  BlackGirl (#9 - Shaye, former YCDT/MNW Ggirl, has the potential to be the 2017 Gunkie Leader.

I think the tryout routine was fine.  However I think they'd benefit for just one person to demonstrate the routine vs two people.  There were some slight timing issues present, but the routine was pretty good.

Ray Dex - (RIP Uncle Yusef) said:

Megan's individual routine was beyonddddddddd amazing. I can't see her not being captain next year.

This was a great tryout routine, I've been keeping a close eye on Meg, especially since she didn't participate in the 2016 Spring Passionette Audition in March, and she miraculous showed up on the team in August lol. Chance may have conducted an informal audition at a later date or something of the sorts. Meg is a very solid 3 yr vet, and she has the leadership background having led her HS squad as Captain. I'm vetting her information now. Meg has been one of the most difficult Passionettes to pin down. When I started to vet her information I found out why. Meg is covered.

K.K. said:

Megan's individual routine was beyonddddddddd amazing. I can't see her not being captain next year.

I agree with this now that I had a few years to observe the tryout routine performed by the Captain and co-cap. Last year Bandheads had some blistering comments about the 2016 Tryout routine which I attributed to the captain, Jas being very short and the co-captain, Step being very tall. The routine wasn't bad IMO, it just looked a little weird with the height difference.

Christopher said:

I think the tryout routine was fine.  However I think they'd benefit for just one person to demonstrate the routine vs two people.  There were some slight timing issues present, but the routine was pretty good.

Ray Dex - (RIP Uncle Yusef) said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2017   Created by Marchingsport.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service