GSU?????

Anyone from GSU can explain why GSU directors do not like botb unless it has to do with a game? Even past directors too. Last huge botb GSU did was Honda and did well EVEN got invited back in 04 and turned it down why doesnt gsu do botbs?

You need to be a member of bandhead.org to add comments!

Join bandhead.org

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Votes: 0

Replies

• Grambling students were preparing for final exams. They didn't want to interfere with the students reading period and study time. Education comes first!

• GSU havent did botb in yearz! even during non final stuff plus GSU said they had to be in Dallas for a performance not finals! IF gsu was in the game that couldnt use that an that did not answer why gsu does not do botb
    Antonio Hall said:

Grambling students were preparing for final exams. They didn't want to interfere with the students reading period and study time. Education comes first!

GSU?????
    Anyone from GSU can explain why GSU directors do not like botb unless it has to do with a game? Even past directors too. Last huge botb GSU did was H…
  • LOL your right Tony that doesn't answer the question but I will give you an answer. GSU had the Dallas Christmas parade to do. As far as events like the Honda I wont put all that business out there but money has something to do with it. Some bands aren't always paid enough money to come to those type of events. They may get paid a certain amount to come all the way to the ATL but they have to come up with the rest themselves. Its more of a business situation. Exams play a small part also.

• Im a GSU fan so i hope he dont think im starting anything but its just gsu does not do botb and have been invited to many but turned down but why? But Dallas to cold af lol but they got paid tho but Im sure gsu alumni an others wanted to see them. b said:

LOL your right Tony that doesn't answer the question but I will give you an answer. GSU had the Dallas Christmas parade to do. As far as events like the Honda I wont put all that business out there but money has something to do with it. Some bands aren't always paid enough money to come to those type of events. They may get paid a certain amount to come all the way to the ATL but they have to come up with the rest themselves. Its more of a business situation. Exams play a small part also.

GSU?????
    Anyone from GSU can explain why GSU directors do not like botb unless it has to do with a game? Even past directors too. Last huge botb GSU did was H…

• tony said:

That's pretty much the answer Tony. The band has to get paid to show up to things like the BOTB. It has to be profitable for them. They may have the money in their budget but they cant spend half of that to go to another state and only make a small portion back if any at all. That's how you run out of money. The people in Dallas had the money to pay for their appearance so they took that trip instead. Also Dallas probably already confirmed with them in advance considering they played in Dallas last year. But I think if they didn't have to do the parade they would have showed up. Also timing plays a role too. It is close to exam time. Grambling has done events all year and just got done with the Bayou Classic and Black Rodeo back to back weeks. This stuff takes up a lot of your time. At some point. The books have to get taking care of. They want people to graduate and not be 3rd year seniors still trying to march. I agree with you though, I wanted to see them as well but money talks and education is important.

Im a GSU fan so i hope he dont think im starting anything but its just gsu does not do botb and have been invited to many but turned down but why? But Dallas to cold af lol but they got paid tho but Im sure gsu alumni an others wanted to see them. b said:

LOL your right Tony that doesn't answer the question but I will give you an answer. GSU had the Dallas Christmas parade to do. As far as events like the Honda I wont put all that business out there but money has something to do with it. Some bands aren't always paid enough money to come to those type of events. They may get paid a certain amount to come all the way to the ATL but they have to come up with the rest themselves. Its more of a business situation. Exams play a small part also.

GSU?????

• if gsu was in the championship game they would of what left after halftime or what???? I know the band couldnt say well dallas want us im sure gsu team would suffer for the band actions too im just saying.
    b said:

tony said:

That's pretty much the answer Tony. The band has to get paid to show up to things like the BOTB. It has to be profitable for them. They may have the money in their budget but they cant spend half of that to go to another state and only make a small portion back if any at all. That's how you run out of money. The people in Dallas had the money to pay for their appearance so they took that trip instead. Also Dallas probably already confirmed with them in advance considering they played in Dallas last year. But I think if they didn't have to do the parade they would have showed up. Also timing plays a role too. It is close to exam time. Grambling has done events all year and just got done with the Bayou Classic and Black Rodeo back to back weeks. This stuff takes up a lot of your time. At some point. The books have to get taking care of. They want people to graduate and not be 3rd year seniors still trying to march. I agree with you though, I wanted to see them as well but money talks and education is important.

Im a GSU fan so i hope he dont think im starting anything but its just gsu does not do botb and have been invited to many but turned down but why? But Dallas to cold af lol but they got paid tho but Im sure gsu alumni an others wanted to see them. b said:

GSU?????
  • This thread has gone WAY past it's course and needs to be closed. Grambling's band was not there and that is that!!!! Geez!!!

• If they had a game to do they wouldn't have done the parade. But they weren't obligated to be in Houston for the SWAC because they were already signed on to perform in Dallas. I believe they would have showed up if they didn't have to be in Dallas. As far as Honda, GSU doesn't go because of what I explained before and they want to give other bands the opportunity to get exposure. The Honda gives bands the opportunity to be seen by a crowd that may not get the chance to see them any other time. It sheds light on other great bands that deserve recognition.
    tony said:

if gsu was in the championship game they would of what left after halftime or what???? I know the band couldnt say well dallas want us im sure gsu team would suffer for the band actions too im just saying.
    b said:

tony said:

GSU?????
  • imo i think mvsu needs to go! i think they will shock ppl.

• They have a lot of potential but judging from the SWAC BOTB show they have a ways to go. When they had the corp style thing going on they were good but it seem like they are following behind everybody else in the SWAC. But you never know what they will do.
    tony said:

imo i think mvsu needs to go! i think they will shock ppl.
    GSU?????
This reply was deleted.