Hampton University Ebony Fire 2017-2018

This season The Hampton Marching Force are under the direction of Dr. Thomas L. Jones. The band has improved a lot compared to past seasons. Hopefully under Dr. Jones directly the band can grow in numbers. They  currently have a little under 100 members in the band.

As for Ebony Fire they have 18 members this season (10 vets and 8 crabs). The current captain is Tatyana Dowdell (13'), this is her 5th season and 2nd year as captain. Tatyana was the only vet during her first year as captain, and she had 13 crabs to work with. This season the squad has improved a lot in comparison to last year. I'm excited to see what direction they go in as the season progresses. 

This past weekends show the ladies danced to Bruno Mars "Perm"

start at 4:40

6652371464?profile=original

9/08?17 "Shape Of You" starts at 3:359/16/17 "Thong Song" starts at 2:50

You need to be a member of bandhead.org to add comments!

Join bandhead.org

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• okay Thomas !! he is doing some good work.. give it a few more years the will me a force in the MEAC

• I agree. Dr. Jones is rebuilding Hampton's program. And in a few more years. The Force & Ebony Fire will be back to it's glory days.
    • They sound the best they have in the last 17 years.  Hopefully he will stay and keep them on their upward swing.

• This reply was deleted.
    • I'd cringe to see them in the stands, but I think the field would be a BATLLE!!! lol

• It’s been years since Ebony Fire had a squad this big. I’m liking the fact that ebony fire is switching things up and giving more energy. They have some cleaning to do, but they look good.
  • The captain was the only vet her first year as captain? Wow.. that's pretty impressive considering they look pretty solid this year.

I agree that this is the best I've heard Hampton sound in years and its quite pleasing to see the band program rising. Considering that we somewhat are familiar with Jones and his work, I have no doubt that this program will rise. I think Jones has a vision and I'm eager to see him fulfill it. I'm looking forward to the progression.

Now, let's pray that God sends a ram in the bush to Howard. We need blessings with that programs as well.

• Thomas is doing a good job over there at Hampton. It can only go up before it go down!
  • Thanks everyone, and it's great to be back around these parts! Yeah, it's a rebuilding process over here, but the students and administration are very receptive. As for the girls, they are really talented, and we have to give big kudos to their coach, Ms. Brint Martin. We marched together back in our undergrad days (she was the captain, too), and her leadership of Ebony Fire is legendary. We just need a good overall band program to really get them the exposure they need, and all your support and buzz will be greatly appreciated as we take this thing to the next level. 

Thanks again for all your support of these and other dance lines as we push the craft to further heights! 

• Much respect to you for the turnaround. The work you guys are putting in really shows, and we look forward to seeing and hearing the continued growth!

• You're doing an amazing job.  Loving the new positive direction and the much more full rounded sound of the band.  Keep up the amazing work.

This reply was deleted.