Roll Call..Yates, Jones, Worthing, BTW, Sterling, Madison, Wheatley, Austin, Davis..

Now that the holidays are over, parade season is in full effect. In the fall, there was a rumor that several of the predominantly black high school bands were protesting and not participating in the MLK parades due to lack of unity by both MLK Foundations. I agree that both foundations need to get the chip off their shoulders and unite as one to celebrate the legacy of a man who stood for unity not division.

Is the rumor true? If so, justify the protest.

Your words..be honest

Turner

Views: 1621

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

lmbo @ Chris...

Umm so when nd WHERE is the botb?!

ones at butler the other is at thorne.

Thorne is up by Bush Airport. 

OH WAIT! the parade route is no longer downtown??? MLK Grande folks mustve stopped padding pockets of City Hall and her congressional highness.

And is UH still doing the parade?

Too bad the MLK "organizers" cant pull the race card on TSU or PVAMU cause they would. Poor UH have gotten themselves into a bad situation.

Yeah it was bound to happen Chris........I just hope folks learn this year and get it together next year.. so everything can get back to normal.....but some how.. I don't think that's going to happen???

Chris - Pinnacle of Hummanity... said:

OH WAIT! the parade route is no longer downtown??? MLK Grande folks mustve stopped padding pockets of City Hall and her congressional highness.

Too bad the MLK "organizers" cant pull the race card on TSU or PVAMU cause they would. Poor UH have gotten themselves into a bad situation.

The one at Butler starts at 4pm.  The only school in Houston with presale tickets is Stephen F Austin. Theyre $10 from us or $15 at the door. 

Good luck to all you guys who are performing at one of the battle of the bands and parades.

See you guys at Mardi Gras..

OH BOY.....!!! YOU HIT IT ON THE HEAD!!! LOL

Well... Well... Well... Someone is slowly pulling the cover off the light cause I've been saying this for years.

And where has Shelia been?

The last time I went to the parade UH band was at BOTH. I ended up at the wrong parade and when I called the group I was suppose to be with They were lined up next to UH. While this was going on I was on Allen Parkway looking at UH band. They split the band in 2. Usually they march a good 100 pieces at each...

I suggest people bring blankets to the BTOB....Boy I miss the dome!

Shelia has been on TV (Telemundo) talking about how metro is trying to stop bus services to a good chunk of east houston. I bet if she got word of a band boycott she can find a way to get on tv about it...Bet ya'll wont have a big meeting about it.........................
Kelvin Cofield said:

OH BOY.....!!! YOU HIT IT ON THE HEAD!!! LOL

Well... Well... Well... Someone is slowly pulling the cover off the light cause I've been saying this for years.

And where has Shelia been?

Thank you for understanding our position. The bands' position will not change until there is one unified parade. Our voice has been heard, just look at the turnout today. 

Wheatley was invited to be in the MLK parade in Jackson, Mississippi. Transportation was provided. Why not go? Its was a huge parade and we were the only one from Texas

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Marchingsport.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service