what parade is your band performing in? and is your band in the BOTB?

Views: 133

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Its only a matter of time before Fort Bend ISD puts a hault on showbands...

BIG-AL said:

HERE IS A CLIP Of THE HIGLIGHT FROM THE NORTHSHORE GAME... OF THE BAND....SO.. YEAH

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2beH_usbfI

SO VERY EVRY TRUE........

Chris - Pinnacle of Hummanity... said:
Its only a matter of time before Fort Bend ISD puts a hault on showbands...

BIG-AL said:

HERE IS A CLIP Of THE HIGLIGHT FROM THE NORTHSHORE GAME... OF THE BAND....SO.. YEAH

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2beH_usbfI

....and the sad thing about it is that they will mess over their music programs because of a style of marching. I wonder why they never think of that way? Might be a lack of melanin in the people running things, especially in Fort Bend where they produced a NATIONALLY RECOGNIZED program and trying to destroy it. Hello! Willowridge was good in show AND Corps style marching. When not Emulate that success? Most of these kids actually want to do both because they are exposed to both.I thought it was the way you march...now its the SONGS you play that make you show style, so you don't PLAY those song...even if you BUY it from the publisher! And even if you play that song (like neck for example) you are only gonna play it once...

As for Aldine...they are building a new High school and naming it after a Tuskegee airman (I think)...I wonder will they let THEM be Show style cuz I think that school is gonna be built and zoned where all the 'colored people' are...a black straight corps band?...how IS Marshall doing?  

Actually the new Aldine High School is supposed to be named Jeff Davis (no bs) On UIL and football reports, it will say Aldine Davis while HISD Davis says Houston Davis. A trip I know.

And Fort Bend is just an example of the new racism.  Anytime they can contain the minority and save money in the process, they will do it.  Maybe at this Battle of the Bands, we can petition the crowd to start a SAVE THE RIDGE campaign.  After all, the school board of Ft. Bend cant function without voters.

I read in the paper about that....they must have decided to change the name...I do Know that what I read said that it would be named after a WWII black pilot

Goldy_1914 said:

Actually the new Aldine High School is supposed to be named Jeff Davis (no bs) On UIL and football reports, it will say Aldine Davis while HISD Davis says Houston Davis. A trip I know.

And Fort Bend is just an example of the new racism.  Anytime they can contain the minority and save money in the process, they will do it.  Maybe at this Battle of the Bands, we can petition the crowd to start a SAVE THE RIDGE campaign.  After all, the school board of Ft. Bend cant function without voters.

Why can't school boards just cater to the needs and interests of the students? Thats what showstyle directors are doing. And in the case of bands like Willowridge, Stephen F Austin, HISD Jeff Davis(Lol), and Sterling, the directors keep a balance of both (corpstyle and showstyle) so that the students have fun and learn REAL fundamentals and techniques....

Stripping the fun away from these band students will only add more fuel to the fire of this ALREADY DEFIANT generation. How are you being a "public servant" by taking away the things that interest the public that you are serving? SMH...

.our band director at lamar in houston wont let us experience anything or try out new things..he's just stuck in his UT mindset,& always want us to do everything UT does..everyone complains that we dont play any good songs or participate in anything besides uil,but he doesnt really care about what we want..i asked could we play more known songs that we all know but he's always downing on songs that the band & i choose cause he wants us to do everything that UT does..the more i stay in this band,the more & more its gets boring & uninteresting..

Blazin20s said:

Why can't school boards just cater to the needs and interests of the students? Thats what showstyle directors are doing. And in the case of bands like Willowridge, Stephen F Austin, HISD Jeff Davis(Lol), and Sterling, the directors keep a balance of both (corpstyle and showstyle) so that the students have fun and learn REAL fundamentals and techniques....

Stripping the fun away from these band students will only add more fuel to the fire of this ALREADY DEFIANT generation. How are you being a "public servant" by taking away the things that interest the public that you are serving? SMH...

Well back to topic. See everyone tomorrow night!!!
They have already destroyed the Ridge. They took all their feeders away, then took the feeders the that feed the feeders away. So, they are left with very little. Fort Bend has been re-zoning for years trying to keep the minorities in a certain sector of Fort Bend and putting them in nice schools to hide their what their doing. Thurgood Marshall has gone down greatly. Both school bands at one time were both 135+ now Marshall has about 20 and tha ridge 40. Where are these kids?

oldwise2 said:

....and the sad thing about it is that they will mess over their music programs because of a style of marching. I wonder why they never think of that way? Might be a lack of melanin in the people running things, especially in Fort Bend where they produced a NATIONALLY RECOGNIZED program and trying to destroy it. Hello! Willowridge was good in show AND Corps style marching. When not Emulate that success? Most of these kids actually want to do both because they are exposed to both.I thought it was the way you march...now its the SONGS you play that make you show style, so you don't PLAY those song...even if you BUY it from the publisher! And even if you play that song (like neck for example) you are only gonna play it once...

As for Aldine...they are building a new High school and naming it after a Tuskegee airman (I think)...I wonder will they let THEM be Show style cuz I think that school is gonna be built and zoned where all the 'colored people' are...a black straight corps band?...how IS Marshall doing?  

Good luck to everyone!  See you there!!!
Depending who you ask Marshall was a success. But the band was good due to the Thorton transfers. After they graduated off, well...

Marcus said:
They have already destroyed the Ridge. They took all their feeders away, then took the feeders the that feed the feeders away. So, they are left with very little. Fort Bend has been re-zoning for years trying to keep the minorities in a certain sector of Fort Bend and putting them in nice schools to hide their what their doing. Thurgood Marshall has gone down greatly. Both school bands at one time were both 135+ now Marshall has about 20 and tha ridge 40. Where are these kids?

oldwise2 said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Marchingsport.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service