INDIVIDUALISM HAS KILLED DRUMMING. TO ALL OF YOU "COLD" DRUMMERS OUT THERE THAT LIVE FOR THE ONE ON ONE COMPETITION EVERY TIME YOU SEE ANOTHER DRUM SECTION PLEASE SIT YOUR ARROGANT AZZES DOWN. EVERY TIME YOU YOU STAND UP OR TRY AND GO HEAD TO HEAD WITH ANOTHER DRUMMER (ALL BY YOURSELF) YOU LESSEN THE MORAL OF THE WHOLE SECTION THAT YOU ARE IN. IF ALL OF YOU STAND TOGETHER, YA'LL ARE STANDING TOGETHER AND EVEN THE WEAKEST MEMBER OF YOUR SECTION FEELS LIKE HE HAS ACCOMPLISHED SOMETHING AND DID HIS PART IN THE BATTLE TO HELP THE SECTION AS A WHOLE WIN. EVEN IF YOU LOSE IT IS STILL A BONDING SITUATION FOR THE SECTION. STANDING TOGETHER ONLY ENCOURAGES EVERYMEMBER TO STRIVE TO BE BETTER THAN THEY WERE YESTERDAY. IF ONE SNARE STANDS, ALL SNARES STAND. IF ONE TENOR STANDS, ALL TENORS STAND...ETC..ECT..ETC...PLEASE STOP THE NONSENSE. IT MAKES NO SENSE THAT THERE IS ONE COLD AZZ PERSON IN THE SECTION AND EVERYBODY ELSE JUST SITS BACK AND WATCH HIM/HER BATTLE.....THIS IS STUPID...LET'S BRING DRUMMING BACK AND THE REAL BATTLING BACK....SKIPPA D. (THE B.O.X....PV)(F.Y.A....MO. CITY MARSHAL) (THE ROC..NORTH FOREST)

Views: 270

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Its all good pimp. Somebody(i wont reveal his name) told me yesterday that you might have left me and Skips name off because other instructors cant compare to us. He said that you probably didnt want to put the current/young instructors in the same catagory as some true G's me and Skip!!!LOL!!! Thats what that cat said...not me!!!!!!!!!!!! You know I dont give a damn!!!!!!!! I will just line my boys up on you and see what goes dine for real!!!!!!!!!
P.S. I think Cushion is pissed though!!!LOL!!!!!!!!!! You may have some boys lining up on yo school this year mannn!!!!!!!!!LOL!!!
Cushion sucks. His name shouldn't be in the same sentence with the word great...*ducks and runs*
Thetruth111 said:
Man, its not that crucial. Just get your section right and don't worry about what these people are saying. Get in some rudiment books and woodshed your arse off.

Folks been calling Dallas dudes trash for years. Fact is, it doesn't matter where you are from. I'm a Townview product and was told I wouldn't even make the BOX, yet I ended up a section leader. Its what you put into it.

And for the record (as I've been sat down..... Mr. Tyler!!!!) you are more likely to get sat down when you are solo-ing than if your entire section is running practiced material. Heck, if everyone is playing and the drum majors are saying chill out, you all can act like you can't hear them cause ya'll are slappin those heads so hard! lol. If you are solo-ing, you have no excuse. So if your line isn't right, get them right. Learn as many callouts as you all can and then run them at games. I guarantee you will beast other section because they won't have as many and will have to resort to running individual stuff. And who looks bad when ya'll are still firing off callouts at them and they are trying to make stuff up individually on the fly?

I rest my case.....

on_thA_pad said:
i guess i have to put a clip of me playing on here to clear some things up.. i got waxed but im far from trash. i can understand why folks might think im sorry...f*@# it. i wasnt up to par at the time.. i guess us new generation dallas dudes just poo like the dudes from scotlandville and su said.. i could have play somthing on his level back but i was told to sit down and chill. . so i took the L.. it wont be like that next time. and thats foreal... dude was good.. but thats history. its time to get ready for mvsu... i dont want to sleep on them and sombody tell me i cant come back home to texas...lol

and there it is....
Well Skippa D I think that it has a lot to do with what the instructors puttin in the kids. If all your drumlines does is play BOX stuff or FT stuff then what are they getting prepared for what are they learning. I mean bro... think about it you taught your drumline nuthin but PV cadences then that henders them being open minded to the musical part of drumming. All Im saying is be original. Its not all the kids fault thats why people like us exist to get them out of that type of BS. I guess its up to the new line of instructors to kinda take heed to what Skip is tellin yall cuz its true and its a dangon shame that we brainwash our kids with this nonsense. Thats why band is just something to do for these youngstaz. Its not about who can smoke who cuz when you being watched they not just watchin what you gone do. Its the overall performance that counts in the end. When playing for an audience they wont say oh so n so did good they gone say the drumline looked and sounded great. All that one on one battling is for when you see somebody on the spot not at a band function. My opinion.
Not really sure how you all came to the same conclusion with two different points. But I guess the destination is what counts, not the journey. lol

La Bl@xican said:
Well Skippa D I think that it has a lot to do with what the instructors puttin in the kids. If all your drumlines does is play BOX stuff or FT stuff then what are they getting prepared for what are they learning. I mean bro... think about it you taught your drumline nuthin but PV cadences then that henders them being open minded to the musical part of drumming. All Im saying is be original. Its not all the kids fault thats why people like us exist to get them out of that type of BS. I guess its up to the new line of instructors to kinda take heed to what Skip is tellin yall cuz its true and its a dangon shame that we brainwash our kids with this nonsense. Thats why band is just something to do for these youngstaz. Its not about who can smoke who cuz when you being watched they not just watchin what you gone do. Its the overall performance that counts in the end. When playing for an audience they wont say oh so n so did good they gone say the drumline looked and sounded great. All that one on one battling is for when you see somebody on the spot not at a band function. My opinion.
That is too funny. I swear I almost choked one of my kids two years ago cuz he ignorantly told me "We dont want to play any of them PV cadences." So I asked him to name which cadences from PV that we play. He said "Uh........." Egg on his dam face...

NEWAY

Where is Cush at ?
lol it is tho

Disco sTu said:
Blazin20s said:
There is no "I" in Band...

but there is one in drumline.

jk jk jk lol
i agree wholeheartedly.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Marchingsport.com.   Powered by