Replies

• I always thought the norm was 5 rounds with a few exceptions. That is how it should be, if you can't prove your point with 5-7 songs, then something is wrong. The bands have pre-game, half-time, and the actual game to battle it out. There is no reason to extend a battle past 5-7 rounds. Now of course you have your exceptions.
  • Besides, I guess the university's try to force the 5 round issue more to cut costs and security reasons. If they could, I am sure they would charge people to view the 5th quarter too.
  • Sheeee-it....... Pre-game and the 5th are the best damn part...... But, as stated already.... Security reasons. The world aint as safe as it was back in '95. But now, Southern almost ALWAYS sticks with the "5-and-out" strategy.
  • If they're putting people out afterward, then get there early and go at it...
  • Reliant Dome allows two rounds in the 5th....then you gotta bounce...lol
  • If that, sometimes...smh...

TBoneSuave said:
    Reliant Dome allows two rounds in the 5th....then you gotta bounce...lol
    Is it me or are the 5th quarters losing the excitement of back in the day ?
    When I think of 5th quarters I think of JSU vs. SU 1995, they played until the lights went out. We need to get the schools to let the bands stay long…
  • Man, I was around when bands use to stay a long time after the game. Since working at TSU, I always thought it would be easy to stay long after the game. Le me be the first to say no it's not!!!!!! lol.

Reasons:
    1.Just don't feel like it (Head Director don't want to stay sometimes)
    2. We got to go and eat
    3. Stadium Officials - Reliant (be in your face saying you guys got to go)

Your chances of having a "extended 5th" is better if you have your own stadium on campus, and then that depends!!!
  • Hell i know i hate long 5ths, my mind is on food lol!
  • yeah Reliant is a trip...

Unless the security and staff are familiar with a "5th Quarter" they'll think the BD's are just being a-wholes. Some people only think the band is there for halftime anyways. And black people gathering around in a group and being civil is a scary sight for some people.
  • I just miss when the fourth quarter hit like 2 minutes I used to get butterflies in my stomach because it was that exciting.
This reply was deleted.