J-Settes Routine@4:50 Stingettes Routine@3:00

Views: 6048

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Song selection! Treat Her Like A Lady just wasn't a dance-able song! Hollis Pippin, J-Settes choreographer, and the believed creator of J-Setting, once said "when you choreograph to a song, you must first listen to the song over and over again until you feel the music, then you choreograph."

Anatasia1100 said:

I think the problem with the Settes field shows is the fact that they do not choreograph to the music which has been stated before. Kayla needs to sit in the band room and record the song and go from there instead of making up a routine and practicing with the band one or 2 days before the game. There is way too much talent on this squad for them to be looking so mediocre. The field needs just as much attention as the stands. Other than that, happy homecoming Settes! 

Chloe has a newborn baby. I think her focus isn't with the J-Settes?

Peachyp said:

The tempo for the jsettes was slow and I believe this should've been the opportunity to dance in boots and ponytails for homecoming.  Choreography was trash and it looks as if Kayla is limited because all her routines look the same. What’s Chloe doing over there? 

I paid good money for my flight and hotel in Jackson next month the Jsettes better get it together. 

It seems like the J-settes are having an identity crisis on the field and they don’t know which way to go. I can tell they’re listening to the fans because of the stunts they put into this routine, but it was poorly executed. I really don’t know what happened between the end of last season with the Shame routine and now but they need a strong arm to get them back on track. I don’t know what Chloe is doing up there but the sponsors before her put in too much work and dedication for her to let them slip like this. Say what you want about Ms. Worthy but you can tell she took her position seriously and dedicated herself to her roll as sponsor fully. And I still don’t understand why we’re still seeing flexed feet on the field.

This just wasn’t something I would have expected for Homecoming. The stands were all of that to overshadow the fieldshow

This routine couldn't have been choreographed to that song. I refuse to believe it. My girls held it down in the stands however this show I could not get into at all. I still have faith ladies, change the song and revamp this routine and let's work this out!

It was not the routine that i didn't like. The routine was solid but it was not as fast paced as we become to love from the Jsettes.  2010 still holds the title for worse homecoming performance.  

2010 was a throwback routine Jetta did I believe with the Nancy boots I believe. I thought it was a breath of fresh air. as far as this routine. it's like I said before in a previous post, the routines look "j-settish" but it doesnt look like a jsette routine. I think the issue is, kayla tries to use a lot of technical elements and it's not really executed well on the field. I remember especially back in the early 2000s, the jsettes would have either some alumni or some of their fellow sisters help with routines. maybe that's what needs to happen if it isnt already. and if it is, maybe they need to get more seasoned jsettes like janear, ketta, or afrochanna. a routine from janear or afrochanna would be amazing. 

LISA said:

It was not the routine that i didn't like. The routine was solid but it was not as fast paced as we become to love from the Jsettes.  2010 still holds the title for worse homecoming performance.  

No no no Jsettes.  Trash that field show.  But the stands were good. Although  there were a few mistakes! 

Yes, I think they will be fine! 

Stuntboi06 said:

This routine couldn't have been choreographed to that song. I refuse to believe it. My girls held it down in the stands however this show I could not get into at all. I still have faith ladies, change the song and revamp this routine and let's work this out!

KG needs to ask for help from Alumni. Now some of y'all in here trolling.. the field was a no.. we get it but don't try to make them out to be something they are not, just because your squad not doing well either..

I know it was a throwback routine.  It was System of Survival but it was a hot mess.  There was no energy and they looked like they would rather be at home in the bed. The original was perfect.  

kimo said:

2010 was a throwback routine Jetta did I believe with the Nancy boots I believe. I thought it was a breath of fresh air. as far as this routine. it's like I said before in a previous post, the routines look "j-settish" but it doesnt look like a jsette routine. I think the issue is, kayla tries to use a lot of technical elements and it's not really executed well on the field. I remember especially back in the early 2000s, the jsettes would have either some alumni or some of their fellow sisters help with routines. maybe that's what needs to happen if it isnt already. and if it is, maybe they need to get more seasoned jsettes like janear, ketta, or afrochanna. a routine from janear or afrochanna would be amazing. 

LISA said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Marchingsport.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service