Jackson State Official Schedule 2013-2014 (Only break is the A&M Game)

Date Opponent Location Time (CST) Results Media
  Sat, Aug 31  Tulane New Orleans, LA   TBA
  Sat, Sep 07  Alabama State * Jackson, MS   6:00 p.m.
  Sat, Sep 14  Tennessee State Memphis, TN   6:00 p.m. Southern Heritage Classic 
  Sat, Sep 21  Texas Southern * Jackson, MS   6:00 p.m.
  Sat, Sep 28  Southern * Baton Rouge, LA   6:00 p.m. BoomBox Classic X
  Sat, Oct 05  Arkansas Pine-Bluff * Jackson, MS   6:00 p.m.
  Sat, Oct 12  Mississippi Valley State * Itta Bena, MS   2:00 p.m.
  Sat, Oct 19  Grambling State * Jackson, MS   2:00 p.m. Homecoming 
  Sat, Oct 26  Prairie View A&M * Shreveport, LA   4:00 p.m. Shreveport Classic
  Sat, Nov 09  Alabama A&M * Huntsville, AL   1:00 p.m.
  Sat, Nov 16  Alcorn State * Jackson, MS   2:00 p.m.  Capital City Classic
  Sat, Dec 07  TBA - SWAC Championship Game Birmingham, AL   12:00 p.m. ESPNU 

Views: 6722

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If they go to Tulane I may make that trip! Hell, Its New Orleans!

From what I understand, the SWAC is requiring bands to make the trip to the divisional games (ex. JSU will have to go to all the East games)

Can anybody else confirm that?

How can they require something that they aren't funding?

That's what I said, but again I'm just trying to see if anyone else heard that.

number1 said:

Frosty....it's all in conference games....all....Sharper's thing is if a band gets invited to Honda, they come up with it....they need to do that same thing 

It can be strongly suggested, but not forced, since the BAND is its OWN seperate organization, and is NOT controlled by the SWAC office.

But I do agree with the thought and notion of it all. There is NO VALID REASON in the world to why PV couldnt come to SU in over 20 years...and things like that. But again, they have no way of FORCING an organization to pay MONEY that IT is in TOTAL control over

number1 said:

Well just because a band goes to Honda at the end of the season doesn't mean anything. They could have gotten their funds up from the football games in order to go at the end of the season to Honda. No band should be force to do anything if the SWAC conference isn't paying. SEC schools whole bands don't even go to away games unless its a championship....

Antonio "Still 2 Tall" Barrino said:

Frosty....it's all in conference games....all....Sharper's thing is if a band gets invited to Honda, they come up with it....they need to do that same thing 

thats correct. or most of thing bring smaller "pep-band" versions to away games

altosax said:

Well just because a band goes to Honda at the end of the season doesn't mean anything. They could have gotten their funds up from the football games in order to go at the end of the season to Honda. No band should be force to do anything if the SWAC conference isn't paying. SEC schools whole bands don't even go to away games unless its a championship....

Antonio "Still 2 Tall" Barrino said:

Great point...to piggy back off that. Then when the opposing team come SWAC rules are so harsh for the band why travel. Again the SWAC rules what band B to go yet don't want them to play during the game...only halftime...and depending on where you at. may not be a 5th quarter, or Pre showdown.

Jason said:

It can be strongly suggested, but not forced, since the BAND is its OWN seperate organization, and is NOT controlled by the SWAC office.

But I do agree with the thought and notion of it all. There is NO VALID REASON in the world to why PV couldnt come to SU in over 20 years...and things like that. But again, they have no way of FORCING an organization to pay MONEY that IT is in TOTAL control over

number1 said:

I will tell you this the Boom will be battle tested and should be a well oiled machine by the time the two preimer games happen with Gram and Alcorn

If Bama st makes the trip to Jackson this yr and jackson goes to Alabama A&M. Jackson State will see a band every week...that makes the season that more fun and gives band members something to look forward too during the week...wasn't enough head to head band matchups last year...

Oh and I will be celebrating homecoming wit y'all this year since y'all got us scheduled for y'all homecoming.

i just wanna see Gram vs JSU at Homecoming since i'm making a 10 hour drive

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Marchingsport.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service