Jackson State Official Schedule 2013-2014 (Only break is the A&M Game)

Date Opponent Location Time (CST) Results Media
  Sat, Aug 31  Tulane New Orleans, LA   TBA
  Sat, Sep 07  Alabama State * Jackson, MS   6:00 p.m.
  Sat, Sep 14  Tennessee State Memphis, TN   6:00 p.m. Southern Heritage Classic 
  Sat, Sep 21  Texas Southern * Jackson, MS   6:00 p.m.
  Sat, Sep 28  Southern * Baton Rouge, LA   6:00 p.m. BoomBox Classic X
  Sat, Oct 05  Arkansas Pine-Bluff * Jackson, MS   6:00 p.m.
  Sat, Oct 12  Mississippi Valley State * Itta Bena, MS   2:00 p.m.
  Sat, Oct 19  Grambling State * Jackson, MS   2:00 p.m. Homecoming 
  Sat, Oct 26  Prairie View A&M * Shreveport, LA   4:00 p.m. Shreveport Classic
  Sat, Nov 09  Alabama A&M * Huntsville, AL   1:00 p.m.
  Sat, Nov 16  Alcorn State * Jackson, MS   2:00 p.m.  Capital City Classic
  Sat, Dec 07  TBA - SWAC Championship Game Birmingham, AL   12:00 p.m. ESPNU 

Views: 6722

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm going to this game
I'm going to this game

I heard they are trying to make the bands go to ALL SWAC games. Sharpe said if these bands can find the funding to go to the Honda and other events, they can find the money to travel. Apparently he doesn't know that gas, food for 200+ people, and hotels aren't cheap.

FrostyNacho said:

From what I understand, the SWAC is requiring bands to make the trip to the divisional games (ex. JSU will have to go to all the East games)

Can anybody else confirm that?

That topic has already been discussed. He can PREFER that the bands go, but since bands, especially like SU and Gram, are not controlled by the SWAC office, he cannot MAKE a band do ANYTHING. He can suspend them, as far as "breaking rules during game play" is concerned, but he can't MAKE them travel.

Felicia said:

I heard they are trying to make the bands go to ALL SWAC games. Sharpe said if these bands can find the funding to go to the Honda and other events, they can find the money to travel. Apparently he doesn't know that gas, food for 200+ people, and hotels aren't cheap.

FrostyNacho said:

From what I understand, the SWAC is requiring bands to make the trip to the divisional games (ex. JSU will have to go to all the East games)

we have a bye week after the PV game. the week before A&M

BAND/MUSIC said:

i dont think they are going to make it to that A&M game, its right after the Shreveport Classic which is an away game. They most likely going to be hype about the Capital city classic which is that followwing weekend after the A&M game. Bama St going to make the trip.... 

ChrisGSU said:

If Bama st makes the trip to Jackson this yr and jackson goes to Alabama A&M. Jackson State will see a band every week...that makes the season that more fun and gives band members something to look forward too during the week...wasn't enough head to head band matchups last year...

Oh and I will be celebrating homecoming wit y'all this year since y'all got us scheduled for y'all homecoming.

bring back Everything I Do, Sacked Up, & No Worries

I ESPECIALLY mentioned those 2 bands, specifically, because they are VERY large entities that are governed by "somewhat" the university, but mostly governed by themselves. I just cant speak for any other band in the SWAC, but THESE 2 bands, especially, are very very powerful entities and mean alot to their communities and games as a whole. Especially FAMU as well. NO BAND...NO PEOPLE. ALL bands dont have such a PROFOUND effect such as these bands do.

BAND/MUSIC said:

well to be honest all the SWAC bands are not controlled by the SWAC office unless attending games in which they have to follow rules.... so what do you mean by especially SU and Gram

Jason said:

That topic has already been discussed. He can PREFER that the bands go, but since bands, especially like SU and Gram, are not controlled by the SWAC office, he cannot MAKE a band do ANYTHING. He can suspend them, as far as "breaking rules during game play" is concerned, but he can't MAKE them travel.

Felicia said:

FrostyNacho said:

jstate coming to new orleans? bouta buy my ticket

But doesn't Honda pay for the bands' expenses up until the actual BOTB and after that, its up to the bands if they want to stay the night.  At least that's how I remember it.

And if that's true, how can he force a band to spend money it doesn't have?

Felicia said:

FrostyNacho said:

That's stupid! Why require bands to travel to away games and then don't allow them to play at the games, that is a waste of taxpayers dollars!

Felicia said:

FrostyNacho said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Marchingsport.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service