Congrats Jackson State & Southern University- Makes Rolling Stone (10 Mind-blowing College Marching Band Cover Songs 2013)

Robin Thicke, "Blurred Lines" (Jackson State)
"Blurred Lines" might have Robin Thicke’s name at the top, but it’s Pharrell’s sparse, catchy percussion that drives the tune. Like so many salsa and meringue tunes, the song’s energetic and repetitive nature gets up inside your skull and just bounces around forever. Relying on Pharrell’s expertise, Jackson State used the song as a foundation for their huge drum line in order to infect an entire stadium with the tune.

Cee Lo, "Fuck You" (Southern University)
Although the original version of Cee Lo's nasty named anthem never hit the radio, everyone knew what the watered down version declared when he sang "Forget You." You have to admit that it's somewhat subversive to have a marching band play an instrumental form of this vicious revenge song.
LINK:

Views: 1720

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

"holding grudges not cool".....bro do you even march?

altosax said:

oh the past.... holding grudges not cool. maybe they felt better bands should have been inauguration but bands actually get chosen based of their State not by how good they are.... 

B. Phunk ♬ said:

I'm guessing you missed all the comments posted after ppl found out Grambling was marching the inauguration...both times.

all I did was post a gif

altosax said:

really.... the hate that deep???

B. Phunk ♬ said:

lol

At B Phunk it wasn't hate! Gram sounded a hot mess both times and the Nation got a chance to see it!!! And tha'ts a fact and it's on Youtube for everyone to go back and see! Move on good job Boom and SU!!!  

You don't even know what I'm talking about tho...that's real that you assume tho

Fabe404 said:

At B Phunk it wasn't hate! Gram sounded a hot mess both times and the Nation got a chance to see it!!! And tha'ts a fact and it's on Youtube for everyone to go back and see! Move on good job Boom and SU!!!  

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Marchingsport.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service