JSU wins 2015 boombox classic!!

A band battle covers 4 areas. 1.)Stadium Entrance 2.)Zero Quarter 3.)Halftime Show and 4.)Fifth Quarter Keeping it real no shade but JSU took the stadium entrance hands down,JSU dominated the Zero Quarter,Neither Bands stood out at Halftime and JSU took the Fifth Quarter.

You need to be a member of bandhead.org to add comments!

Join bandhead.org

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I'm not a fan of either JSU or SU I gives props when it's due I don't take sides.. Roddrick Little u did your thing I'm giving u your props on your first boombox classic.
  • the lies lies , if you say one band won this Boombox Classic you must wasn't there . both bands were bringing it . I must say . I really had a lot of fun at this one .
  • Like I said JSU took it this year.. The one thing I respect most about JSU fans when they lose a battle they accept their lost and move on. When Southern lose a battle they try to sugar coat things and say both bands did a good job instead of giving the other band their props.. SU tried this year but it wasn't enough to outdo the power of JSU. FACTS!! (Not A FAN OF EITHER BAND BUT JUST KEEPING IT REAL)
  • I just need to know this...

If the clips posted don't lie, why must someone physically be in attendance at a game to judge?  If the clips don't lie, that means that the clip viewer hears and sees the same thing that the person in attendance heard and saw.  Otherwise, why post clips in the first place, if people are just going to say that "you should have been there"

Anyway...based on the clips I saw (a shame I have to put this qualifier), SU was the better band.  Nothing against JSU.  But SU was simply better.

Looking forward to both bands matching up against PV

• As for the field. Other than the J-settes, I was underwhelmed by JSU show! SU definitely had the better field show. 5th was SU as well.
  • After looking at the clips just me I personally think southern was cleaner but however jsu had better selections but wasn't as clean as they could've been. Overall id slightly give an edge to jsu only because they were a little bit more in tact and engaged. But it was an even battle really not to much not to little.

Off subject One thing I want to say as a bandhead and lover of music do we always love power and slight balance and musical intellect. Just an honest opinion. Sometimes hearing all the power pushing gets to be a little to much sometimes but I love power just as the next one but it should be used appropriately not all the times.  

• lol i think both bands could have did alot better... JSU usually does better field shows but idk what that was.

• I'd give the entire night to Southern honestly. Jackson States arrangements just dont sound like there was any thought put into them, and then they're always cluttered with a busy drum section. They need to find a way to make their instrumentation work in their favor.

Jsettes were clean AF. I usually hate that style of dance but it looks like their softening up a bit and adding some extra elements. Dope.

Fieldshows: I honestly don't remember the show outside of that tacky ass gimmick at the end. I did like that they were trying new things drill wise. Its never OK to come to a hosting school and joke about money problems IMO. All public HBCUs have been underfunded for decades... Just was a tacky move IMO.
  • Man you have to be in the 5th grade with an IQ of 10 not to see the SU propaganda. 1). Look at the clips posted by SU Media and you will see they recorded JSU in the 5th on the field near mid field. The clips of SU are all directly in front of SU. Far closer to SU. If you argue against that visual and sound fact you are a natural born hater or extremely ignorant. 2). Haymer only gave JSU 8 mins. We ran over that because they started the clock on us while the teams were beginning to leave the sidelines at the half. Due to his fear and cutting or time we had to ditch the dance routine. Now if you are truly in the know as most of you claim then to thy own self be true in private because I know on this forum you SUucks have ways toward the Boom like Republicans have toward Oboma. No matter what y'all will never admit the truth. That's way the Boom played that "Why You Always Lying". 3). I saw with my own eyes Hymer tell that officer to tell the Boom to leave. Heck it's even in clips the cop telling Sanford in the middle of the field. We played one more song then left. What did SUck do? Sat there and waited for then Boom to leave the the stand then they turn toward the Boom and start running off songs one even from their halftime show. A well known No No. No field show songs repeat. Cowardly move. Next before you SUck mention the police in Jackosn they make both bands leave. Now back to 4.). Why did SUck wait to turn to the Boom after they left the stands. That's simple. They were done playing to the mics and recordings right in front of them. All of which if your band is so great. Then turn off the mics if you won't face your opponent then big ball up and sit in front of them. Anything less is being a coward. And if you like cowards then hey that's you and I have no argument for you. And Down!!'mm
  • lord lord , HERE WE GO .
This reply was deleted.