The bands that attended were:

1.)New Orleans Alumni All-Star Band

2.)Sophie B. Wright Charter School

3.) Edna Karr High School

4.) Mc Main Stampede of Sound

5.) G.W. Carver High School

6.)Cohen

7.) Jefferson Parish Public Schools All-Star Band

Mc Main has really improved and was bringing some heat on some of their songs. NOAASB had the whole stadium shaking. That ring my bell had the whole crowd speechless. JPPS All-Star band were great in the beginning, but after a while I felt they fell off. It was a nice battle though, none of the bands left until all the lights were out. What is your 2 cent?

You need to be a member of bandhead.org to add comments!

Join bandhead.org

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Behrman wasn't there lol that was Cohen lol ..

• First off the NOAASB is supposed to bring it. they are a bunch of grown men which I feel that its a shame for them to want to be is the same league as a bunch of middle and high school kids. I guess they are tired of Houston digging in that ass. Second McMain was the best band out there, they brought it on even song they played including their march that was played. With McMain you got a complete package from the horns to the drummers. Third I would say Carver Karr Jefferson Parish All Stars Cohen and Wright its a toss up.McMain was the only school that didn't run any cadences straight songs. Wright that was a weak move that they pulled. No band goes on the field with over 9 minutes left on the clock todo a fieldshow, sound like to me they didn't have a lot of songs in the playlist so truly I would place them last for that.

So if i had to rank them it would be in this order

1. McMain

2. Carver

3. Karr

4. Jefferson Parish All Stars

5. Cohen 

6. Wright

• lol, let me change that.

• On some real stuff. We ( Wright ) shouldnt be placed last at all. My opinion we should be 1 or 2.
  • And we have songs in the playlist. How you place us last for that. Really ? Thats weak.
  • So im not the only one that thought Carver was good. They were small but played more difficult songs and was balanced a lot of the time.

• Let me clear this up with the facts on last night event ay tad: First off NOAASB, was present at the event as a feature band, with no intention on challenging the high school bands that was present, and a little insight the NOAASB this year have 50% of current highschool band students from the NO and JP area. Second McMain sounded very good the only problem is that they start there songs off strong but die out in the middle. Third my hat goes off to Sophie this band is made up of mostly middle school kids at the most they may have about three seniors in there band, they sounded good on songs that they played and the also projected across Tad, Disclaimer: They were informed to do a halftime show when they accepted the invite to this event ask Mr. E.Jones. Fourth: Team Bustem Up(Edna Karr) they handle business, suggestion to the area High School drum majors in N.O. Leave the JState routine alone these people have it down packed to the bone. Fifth: Carver sounded good to say that was the smallest unit out there they hit the crowd with a BarRoom Jam that was cool though. Sixth: Cohen surprised the H out of me they are doing well and still have room to grow. Seventh: The Jefferson Parish Public School Allstar Band: TOO LARGE, to sound so weak, big ups to them though they are finally living the dream but they too have room to grow they did as expected to say the only had three days of practice together as one unit. These are the facts, And I'm Out.....
  • It was a good recruitment performance for NOAASB. You act like they went there just to challenge these schools. Jan 30 is the day NOAASB vs HUMB 

wlctuba96 said:

First off the NOAASB is supposed to bring it. they are a bunch of grown men which I feel that its a shame for them to want to be is the same league as a bunch of middle and high school kids. I guess they are tired of Houston digging in that ass. Second McMain was the best band out there, they brought it on even song they played including their march that was played. With McMain you got a complete package from the horns to the drummers. Third I would say Carver Karr Jefferson Parish All Stars Cohen and Wright its a toss up.McMain was the only school that didn't run any cadences straight songs. Wright that was a weak move that they pulled. No band goes on the field with over 9 minutes left on the clock todo a fieldshow, sound like to me they didn't have a lot of songs in the playlist so truly I would place them last for that.

1. McMain

2. Carver

3. Karr

5. Cohen 

6. Wright

Lake Pontchatrain All-Star Football Game Band Battle
    The bands that attended were: 1.)New Orleans Alumni All-Star Band 2.)Sophie B. Wright Charter School 3.) Edna Karr High School 4.) Mc Main Stampede o…
  • JAN 30TH or DEC 30TH

DaEdge1 Productions said:

It was a good recruitment performance for NOAASB. You act like they went there just to challenge these schools. Jan 30 is the day NOAASB vs HUMB 

wlctuba96 said:

First off the NOAASB is supposed to bring it. they are a bunch of grown men which I feel that its a shame for them to want to be is the same league as a bunch of middle and high school kids. I guess they are tired of Houston digging in that ass. Second McMain was the best band out there, they brought it on even song they played including their march that was played. With McMain you got a complete package from the horns to the drummers. Third I would say Carver Karr Jefferson Parish All Stars Cohen and Wright its a toss up.McMain was the only school that didn't run any cadences straight songs. Wright that was a weak move that they pulled. No band goes on the field with over 9 minutes left on the clock todo a fieldshow, sound like to me they didn't have a lot of songs in the playlist so truly I would place them last for that.

1. McMain

2. Carver

3. Karr

5. Cohen 

6. Wright

Lake Pontchatrain All-Star Football Game Band Battle
    The bands that attended were: 1.)New Orleans Alumni All-Star Band 2.)Sophie B. Wright Charter School 3.) Edna Karr High School 4.) Mc Main Stampede o…
  •  this is how i world rank the bands on their performance:

1. McMain: they were very clean and brought power, liked the song selection.

2.Karr: song selection was good and brought alotta power

3.Carver: CLEAN good song. NICE drumsection

4.Cohen: they actually soundin good

5.Jefferson Parish: i was very disappointed. there band prooves that size isnt everything.

6.SBW: i have seen better performances. should be bringin it at parade season

This reply was deleted.