Let's talk Academics

For college students: Besides band, what programs are strong at your university? Did this matter to you?

For high school students: Do you care about the academics of your future university or you only care about the band?

i'm just trying to get the perspective of current high school students and their priorities.  

You need to be a member of bandhead.org to add comments!

Join bandhead.org

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I definitely care about the academics more than the band. And I love the band.
  • NSU Strongest Subjects

Mus. Ed
    Nursing
    Early Childhood Ed
    Sociology n Psychology
    Optical Engineering
    Masters Music Performance

Honorable Mention

Computer Science
    Accounting
    MBA
    Kinesiotherapy
    Music Media
    Biology
    Computer Programing

Just keepn it 100...
  • We have one of the best Engineering schools in the Nation...
    • you mean between HBCU's right?
  • Our school is KNOWN for their Agricultural department. The Education department just got heir national accreditation. Our Bio dept is a BEAST too.
  • A lot of hbcus are good in academics but for whatever reason choose to place band and football at the forefront so we often fall under the radar to those exceptional students who opt for white colleges. Not being rude but I only know of above average academic programs from about 5 or 6 black colleges.
    • That's not being rude. So what 5 to 6 black colleges YOU feel have above average academic programs?
  • ASU's best programs.

Undergrad. Music Ed

Music Industry

Secondary Education

Elementary Education

Business

Physical Therapy.

Theater

Masters:  

Forensic Science

Occupational Therapy

Doctorate: Education Leadership policy and law

Microbiology

• I'm going to be honest...I didn't care about the academics...I just wanted to be in the band...I even changed what I was going to major in because Bama State didn't have it...However, everything worked out for the best because I am a Music Ed major and I can't say that I would have it any other way.  Our institution's academic strengths are edcuation (being that Bama State was once considered a "Teacher's College"), theatre (having such a notable Dean and contributor as Dr. Tonea Stewart who has starred in numerous shows and films including In the Heat of the Night, A Time to Kill, and Mississippi Burning), and business.
      • Lydia i remember you from before i quit the band lol.

I'm from mississippi i road on a plane and my favorite song is Bama State Spirtit. best skit of 08.

but on a serious note i aggree with Education and Business. Hell Bama State is Education in the state of Alabama.

This reply was deleted.