LM-12 OR PT-88

AITE YALL ITS ME AGAIN IM IN NEED OF ANOTHER BIGGER TUBA MOUTHPIECE FOR A DARKER SOUND ....AITE IM ON A MF3H RIGHT NOW I SOUND REALLY GOOD BUT I THINK I HAVE GONE AS FAR AS I CAN ON THIS MOUTHPIECE SO I CAN NEED HELP WHICH DO YOU THINK IS A BETTER MOUTHPIECE OUT THESE TWO MOUTHPIECES THE LM-12 OR PT-88 BCUZ I WANT VOLUME AND LOUD FAT UNBEARABLE LOWS....HELP ME OUT MY FELLOW TUBA PLAYERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You need to be a member of bandhead.org to add comments!

Join bandhead.org

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Votes: 0

Replies

• PT-88
  • The LM-12 is definitely not deeper than a MF3H. The LM_12 is shallow.  I'd say you have a good mouthpiece in the MF3H. If you really want volume and lows just do ALOT of 6-Inches (i think you know what those are) and step your breathing game up.
  • I swear my Bach 5G Trombone mouthpiece is deeper than a LM-12. Also Loud Mouthpieces no longer make lower brass mouthpieces, so theres no way you could get one anymore.
  • okay then cuz i like those mouthpieces they are nice like is it worth the price?

Mr. Scales said:
    PT-88
  • yea they dont make LM-12's anymore anyways.
  • Ever got pushed in a pool unexpectedly? You want to take huge breaths like you would if you got pushed into a one.  You wanna fill up with the air and push with your diaphragm ( kinda like when you're doing #1 in the bathroom ) . Really, you'd have to run a bit more and get a strong core. Strengthen your core through 6 inches and other ab excercise. While doing 6 inches my section likes to take the chromatic scale 2 octaves holding each note for a whole note value at 60 BPM starting at low Bb or low F. Some effective core exercises are the ones shown here. I would stress the core exercises more than the running, but the running is also important. For an idea on your running schedule follow this 6662188687?profile=originalJust keep repeating Week 4 when you get there. Follow that and you should be blowing better/louder than ever soon. Keep a good tone. 

Rodd Gerald said:

cud u give me any tips for the breathing?
    Orange And Green said:
    The LM-12 is definitely not deeper than a MF3H. The LM_12 is shallow.  I'd say you have a good mouthpiece in the MF3H. If you really want volume and lows just do ALOT of 6-Inches (i think you know what those are) and step your breathing game up.
  • ok so like wud this work if i ran in my back yard....and my back yard is really big
  • You should work at a flea market selling mango's. Those things are heavy and they'll strengthen core.
  • Yeah it would work. As long as you are running above a jogging level you're set. Good luck.

Rodd Gerald said:
    ok so like wud this work if i ran in my back yard....and my back yard is really big
    LM-12 OR PT-88
    AITE YALL ITS ME AGAIN IM IN NEED OF ANOTHER BIGGER TUBA MOUTHPIECE FOR A DARKER SOUND ....AITE IM ON A MF3H RIGHT NOW I SOUND REALLY GOOD BUT I THIN…
  • o ok den....o well        one more thing...like i have large lips so like do you think thats reason why i cant get like my lower ip in the  mouthpiece to drop lows?
This reply was deleted.