Herd this year it was going down in Galveston with more bands in attendance and the top 4 Houston bands finally seeing each other! Cant wait for this one!

Who else would be attending?

Views: 1813

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Did yyall battle yyates?

Carvell Burns said:
Sterling wus there

From what I've seen and heard about Westbury....i'm not surprised....way different category than most....they have taken that next step, and still going!!!! I've noticed they have started competing in the large band categories even though they are so much smaller than the other groups....AND they are not that far away from the bigger groups being so much smaller...you got to fight the best, to beat the best...seems they understand that a trophy is not the number one prize!!!! I think they get it!!! I can't imagine what they would be like with a size like Waltrip!!!!   

Jarvis Sampson said:

Man nobody wanted to battle westbury but yates but to yates yall sound very nice keep up the good work

go to my page Wheatley Vs Yates..before the parade....nice

westbury battled yates b4 the parade

Marching Thunder- said:

Did yyall battle yyates?

Carvell Burns said:
Sterling wus there

otc Milby gave us (Yates) a good battle

i agree

RoyDisciple88 said:

From what I've seen and heard about Westbury....i'm not surprised....way different category than most....they have taken that next step, and still going!!!! I've noticed they have started competing in the large band categories even though they are so much smaller than the other groups....AND they are not that far away from the bigger groups being so much smaller...you got to fight the best, to beat the best...seems they understand that a trophy is not the number one prize!!!! I think they get it!!! I can't imagine what they would be like with a size like Waltrip!!!!   

Jarvis Sampson said:

Man nobody wanted to battle westbury but yates but to yates yall sound very nice keep up the good work

awww i wish westbury go

BIG-AL said:

MAN ALL I KNOW IS THAT MIBLY AND OZEN.. WERE OUT THERE GOING TO WAR.... AT THE END OF THE PARADE....THESE KATS HAD TO BE OUt THERE LIKE AN HOUR AND A HALF...LOL....SHOOT.. I LINED MY BAND UP TO GET IN BUT.. I STARTEd TO THINK.. THIS LOOKS PERSONAL..SO I WAS LIKE I THINK IM GONNA WATCH... GOT ONE SONG AND WENT HOME.... 

MILBY AND OZEN.. YOU ARE NOW INVITED TO THE JEFF DAVIS 2nd ANNUAL SMACK-DOWN.....BOTH OF YOU KATS IN MY OPINION WHERE..FREAKING ON IT... MAJOR PROPS SO GLAD TO SEE ALL THE BANDS ARE GETTING BETTER...I ENJOYED EVERYBODY AT THIS PARADE.. ANd I MEAN EVERYBODY.. YATES WHEATLEY, JONES, STERLING, AUSTIN, OZEN, WESTBURY,MILBY... EVEN RAUL IZAGRIEZ......I THINK THATS HOW YOU SPELL IT.. THOSE LITTLE DUDE WHERE IN A BATTLE.. AND THEY SOUND REALLY GOOD....LOL..ALL IN ALL.. EVERYBODY BROUGHT THERE A GAME.....HELL YEAH!!!!!!

Sorry it took so long for me to post but it's been a whirlwind Mardi Gras tour for us since Saturday, Morgan City on Sunday, New Orleans on Tuesday so you know we are good & tired!!!

Let me first say that the beginning of the parade Sat. was straight chaos with bands blowing everywhere which is sometimes frustrating to me because I like to hear everybody. We had Round 1 with Milby at that time but I think we were just trying to feel each other out, but after the parade nobody was pulling punches!! When I think of the Milby I saw for the first time 4 years ago & what I saw Sat. all I can say is: DAMN!!! They have a great sound and just enough swagger to really be a band to be respected. I was impressed with their book and the band's stamina. Whatever you guys are doing; keep doing it!! Of course every band we(OZEN) go against seems to be bigger than us but we run from nobody and I know that Milby was feeling what we were bringing too!! I always enjoy battles at parades, that's the only reason we come, well, the checks are nice of course!!! Good job Milby til the next time......

Preciate it Tommy, all the time and work our Band Directors have put in us this year has been crazy! Hard Work Realy pays off! But man yall were holding it down the whole night, especially your 4 trumpets! I was really impressed Great Job Ozen and all the other bands!

Tommy Gladney said:

Sorry it took so long for me to post but it's been a whirlwind Mardi Gras tour for us since Saturday, Morgan City on Sunday, New Orleans on Tuesday so you know we are good & tired!!!

Let me first say that the beginning of the parade Sat. was straight chaos with bands blowing everywhere which is sometimes frustrating to me because I like to hear everybody. We had Round 1 with Milby at that time but I think we were just trying to feel each other out, but after the parade nobody was pulling punches!! When I think of the Milby I saw for the first time 4 years ago & what I saw Sat. all I can say is: DAMN!!! They have a great sound and just enough swagger to really be a band to be respected. I was impressed with their book and the band's stamina. Whatever you guys are doing; keep doing it!! Of course every band we(OZEN) go against seems to be bigger than us but we run from nobody and I know that Milby was feeling what we were bringing too!! I always enjoy battles at parades, that's the only reason we come, well, the checks are nice of course!!! Good job Milby til the next time......

When is Jeff Davis' Smackdown???

BIG-AL said:

MAN ALL I KNOW IS THAT MIBLY AND OZEN.. WERE OUT THERE GOING TO WAR.... AT THE END OF THE PARADE....THESE KATS HAD TO BE OUt THERE LIKE AN HOUR AND A HALF...LOL....SHOOT.. I LINED MY BAND UP TO GET IN BUT.. I STARTEd TO THINK.. THIS LOOKS PERSONAL..SO I WAS LIKE I THINK IM GONNA WATCH... GOT ONE SONG AND WENT HOME.... 

MILBY AND OZEN.. YOU ARE NOW INVITED TO THE JEFF DAVIS 2nd ANNUAL SMACK-DOWN.....BOTH OF YOU KATS IN MY OPINION WHERE..FREAKING ON IT... MAJOR PROPS SO GLAD TO SEE ALL THE BANDS ARE GETTING BETTER...I ENJOYED EVERYBODY AT THIS PARADE.. ANd I MEAN EVERYBODY.. YATES WHEATLEY, JONES, STERLING, AUSTIN, OZEN, WESTBURY,MILBY... EVEN RAUL IZAGRIEZ......I THINK THATS HOW YOU SPELL IT.. THOSE LITTLE DUDE WHERE IN A BATTLE.. AND THEY SOUND REALLY GOOD....LOL..ALL IN ALL.. EVERYBODY BROUGHT THERE A GAME.....HELL YEAH!!!!!!

THIRD WEEK IN MAY...DUE TO T.A.S.K.....& UIL... i DO NOT WANT TO STOP ANYBODY'S PROGRAM FROM GROWNING OR DOING WHATS RIGHT SO WE ARE HAVING IT AT THE END OF THE SCHOOL YEAR

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Marchingsport.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service