As you may well know, "The Thrill of More than a Billion Eyes- The Prancing Jaycettes/J-settes" of Jackson State University have a very rich and talented lageacy... The organization itself was formed and founded in 1971, by former twirler and accomplished performer, Ms. Shirley Middleton-Blakely... The J-settes were formed from the twirler/majorette body that was already present within the band program many years before; thus transitioning into an outstanding dance performance unit in the fall of 1971.

There have been a number of powerful, strong, and memorable Prancing J-settes and captains throughout their 45 years of performing excellence, for which they are celebrating this year.

Whom are your favorite and/or memorable J-settes and captains?????

Views: 6067

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

From what I was told, today wasn't really a practice day. It was a day for the Settes of the past and present to come together and bond.

SonicBoomProductions said:
It seemed like dun today, they all bonded

Yea that seems to be the theme, looks like they had a really good time, I am excited!!

Also hate to be the spoiler peeps but I don't believe Domo is back, seems she is just assisting with the team possibly. Only time will tell hehe

Current Team

Alumni and Current

Marcus Baxter said:

From what I was told, today wasn't really a practice day. It was a day for the Settes of the past and present to come together and bond.

SonicBoomProductions said:
It seemed like dun today, they all bonded

Listen. It feels how it felt before they announced Asia as returning captain for the Stingettes last year. I feel like Dominique is coming back. They're throwing people off the trail.

justDANCE said:

LOL LORD yall playing with my emotions!!

It's funny how Morgan and cip is in the royal blue with alumni and the others are in the other blue

It sure as hell does, I don't know WHAT to think right now lol

P.H. said:

Listen. It feels how it felt before they announced Asia as returning captain for the Stingettes last year. I feel like Dominique is coming back. They're throwing people off the trail.

justDANCE said:

I think the colors are based on the row they are originally on.

justDANCE said:

P.H. said:

justDANCE said:

You're right! They were having a competition between Magnificent Middle, Short & Sassy, and Tough & Tall thus the different color shirts

masemarcher said:
I think the colors are based on the row they are originally on.

justDANCE said:

P.H. said:

justDANCE said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2018   Created by Marchingsport.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service