Please start dancing again in 2017 and STOP the foolishness! Here are the reasons why I say this:

1. One group of girls kneels down, while another group is dancing, if you are a dance team, you all should be dancing or stay off the field if your routine isn't continuous, STOP the piecemeal crap.

2. Stop ending a routine lying flat on your backs, it looks crazy.

3. If you don't know how to choreograph, stunting and rolling around on the ground should NOT be a substitute.

4. Every squad should have at least one Christmas costume. (Golden Delight send help)

5. When preforming in parades or public events, STOP the stand routines and choreograph short dance routines. Doing stand routines when you are not in the stands look stupid, be creative, not lazy!

6. Be more energetic on the field and stop looking so lazy and stiff. Breathe, look and act like you want to entertain an audience.

7. Remember quality OVER quantity. 15 girls on the field and only 6 knows the routine looks like a side show.

8. Start choreographing to the music again. Every routine should NOT look the same!

9. Improve your song selections, because song selections were horrible this year!

10. If you have a dance-able song selection, dance, that's why you are call a Dance Team!

Views: 2401

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

did you notice the dolls dancing to gospel music now?

Maybe the Dolls can do their makeup during the break they take from their routine to walk to their next formation.  

Dee Roberts said:

Can We add the SetteS with the Mimi Bobeck makeup. The 3 different color eye shadow doesn't make them look cute and it makes them look unprofessional.How about getting makeup that goes with your skin tone. Oh I forgot can the SetteS actually choreograph moves that goes with the music instead of the heavy stunts and rolling on the ground.Rolling on the ground isn't classy for women and it makes them look Vulgar.

LISA said:

Can we add walking to the different formations.  It doesnt flow right when you stop dancing to walk to the next formation.  The dolls and Golden Girls are notorious for doing this.  I also hate that the Dancing Dolls run off the field.  It looks so high school to me.  How you going to enter the field with elegance but exit running like you about to get a spanking from your parents.  

Yoooo, y'all are going in! LMAO

Can there be peace...will there be peace!?!

Please let there be peace!

https://media.tenor.co/images/3c1e42f182697f9f934715ca4e54cccc/raw

LISA said:

Maybe the Dolls can do their makeup during the break they take from their routine to walk to their next formation.  

Dee Roberts said:

Can We add the SetteS with the Mimi Bobeck makeup. The 3 different color eye shadow doesn't make them look cute and it makes them look unprofessional.How about getting makeup that goes with your skin tone. Oh I forgot can the SetteS actually choreograph moves that goes with the music instead of the heavy stunts and rolling on the ground.Rolling on the ground isn't classy for women and it makes them look Vulgar.

LISA said:

Can we add walking to the different formations.  It doesnt flow right when you stop dancing to walk to the next formation.  The dolls and Golden Girls are notorious for doing this.  I also hate that the Dancing Dolls run off the field.  It looks so high school to me.  How you going to enter the field with elegance but exit running like you about to get a spanking from your parents.  

Maybe the Dolls can teach the Settes on how to have leadership instead of having girls Like Kelsey and Morgan that don't know what they are doing. You Settes fans had a lot of excuses this season on why they look a hot ass mess. Stop blaming Meyers and the Band director because the Settes don't know how to perform to different types of music. The receipts don't lie on how you all felt about this season. You all spend more time following the Dolls instead of focusing on the Settes.Funny how the Settes fans always starting with the Dolls but no Doll fans said nothing about them until you started coming for the Dolls Denise number 2. Lisa you know the Dolls will always outshine the Settes because the Dolls have the accolades that the Settes want.
LISA said:

Dee Roberts said:

LISA said:

You got the wrong one sweetie because i dont follow the dolls.  I'd go to church and watch the ushers direct people to their seats if wanted to be bored with those simple count.  The jsettes spoiled me with the complexity of their counts and the ability they have to zoom across the field without bumping into each other.  Didn't your captain get suspended last year or the year before for hazing of some sort.  If that is the leadership you are offering i think the jsettes will decline.  

Dee Roberts said:

Maybe the Dolls can teach the Settes on how to have leadership instead of having girls Like Kelsey and Morgan that don't know what they are doing. You Settes fans had a lot of excuses this season on why they look a hot ass mess. Stop blaming Meyers and the Band director because the Settes don't know how to perform to different types of music. The receipts don't lie on how you all felt about this season. You all spend more time following the Dolls instead of focusing on the Settes.Funny how the Settes fans always starting with the Dolls but no Doll fans said nothing about them until you started coming for the Dolls Denise number 2. Lisa you know the Dolls will always outshine the Settes because the Dolls have the accolades that the Settes want.
LISA said:

Dee Roberts said:

LISA said:

The Settes bore me because they represent the ghetto ratchet image that nobody wants to be associated with. If I want to watch The Love and Hiphop type of image of women shaking their asses and fighting I would watch the Settes but that's not me. The Dolls spoiled me with technique , ballet, jazz and hip hop something the Settes can't do.For your information Kp didn't haze anyone and didn't get suspended for hazing and didn't get kick off the team.Let's not forget some of the Settes got kicked off the team for hazing and even went to court for hazing. You need to worry about how Meyers took all of Jackson State funding and the poor students couldn't have a homecoming concert because Meyers stole the money.P.S. Make sure the Settes stop wearing those cheap ghetto Citi Trend uniforms. I know your upset because nobody is asking for the Settes to perform at the Super Bowl or perform in music videos with Beyoncé.
LISA said:

You got the wrong one sweetie because i dont follow the dolls.  I'd go to church and watch the ushers direct people to their seats if wanted to be bored with those simple count.  The jsettes spoiled me with the complexity of their counts and the ability they have to zoom across the field without bumping into each other.  Didn't your captain get suspended last year or the year before for hazing of some sort.  If that is the leadership you are offering i think the jsettes will decline.  

Dee Roberts said:

LISA said:

Dee Roberts said:

LISA said:

When they perform as the Dancing Dolls at these event please alert me.  They are just back up dancers. 

Dee Roberts said:

The Settes bore me because they represent the ghetto ratchet image that nobody wants to be associated with. If I want to watch The Love and Hiphop type of image of women shaking their asses and fighting I would watch the Settes but that's not me. The Dolls spoiled me with technique , ballet, jazz and hip hop something the Settes can't do.For your information Kp didn't haze anyone and didn't get suspended for hazing and didn't get kick off the team.Let's not forget some of the Settes got kicked off the team for hazing and even went to court for hazing. You need to worry about how Meyers took all of Jackson State funding and the poor students couldn't have a homecoming concert because Meyers stole the money.P.S. Make sure the Settes stop wearing those cheap ghetto Citi Trend uniforms. I know your upset because nobody is asking for the Settes to perform at the Super Bowl or perform in music videos with Beyoncé.
LISA said:

Dee Roberts said:

LISA said:

Dee Roberts said:

LISA said:

When the Settes can book a high profile event like the Super Bowl please alert me. The Settes aren't considered as dancers in the industry because they represent a image that no dancers wants to be associated with like Rolling on the ground and shaking their ass like a stripper. The Settes have no accolades and that's why you hate the Dolls because you know they have the accolades and titles to back up their success. LISA said:

When they perform as the Dancing Dolls at these event please alert me.  They are just back up dancers. 

Dee Roberts said:

LISA said:

Dee Roberts said:

LISA said:

Dee Roberts said:

LISA said:

I guess the term Jsetting was created because no one wanted to be associated with them.  Dolling is popular too at many Usher Day Programs across the country.  

I am done with this little back and forth.  We can agree to disagree.  

Dee Roberts said:

When the Settes can book a high profile event like the Super Bowl please alert me. The Settes aren't considered as dancers in the industry because they represent a image that no dancers wants to be associated with like Rolling on the ground and shaking their ass like a stripper. The Settes have no accolades and that's why you hate the Dolls because you know they have the accolades and titles to back up their success. LISA said:

Dee Roberts said:

LISA said:

Dee Roberts said:

LISA said:

Dee Roberts said:

LISA said:

Jsetting is only popular in the Gay black community. Dolling is popular all over the world because the Dolls have been asked to perform at high profile events like the Super Bowl events something that Settes dream of. Let's be honest the majority of people don't respect Jsetting and think it's a joke to dance. You can hate the Dolls all you want but everybody knows the Dolls are the Michael Jackson of dancelines.
LISA said:

I guess the term Jsetting was created because no one wanted to be associated with them.  Dolling is popular too at many Usher Day Programs across the country.  

Dee Roberts said:

Dee Roberts said:

LISA said:

Dee Roberts said:

LISA said:

Dee Roberts said:

LISA said:

Ba-by, you know about HBCU Dance Team history! Every HBCU Dance Team has copied something from the Prancing J-Settes, even the Dancing Dolls! The Prancing J-Settes are the originators! Like I said before, Haymer loves "Drag Queens" and the Dancing Dolls look like "Drag Queens" with all that snappy weave and caked on make-ups, they remind me of putting make-up on Pigs. The Doll captain looks like Shirley Temple in drag and sometimes she looks like Minnie Mouse in drag!

I must admit Greggs had some beautiful Dolls, the current Doll squad look like a bunch of Cabbage Patch Dolls in drag and they are as stiff as the LSU Golden Girls. Watching the Dancing Dolls perform is like watching a golf game (boring), running around and hand gestures, that's their routine in a nutshell. Talking about the Dolls make my _ _ _ itch, I'm done! lol

Dee Roberts said:

Jsetting is only popular in the Gay black community. Dolling is popular all over the world because the Dolls have been asked to perform at high profile events like the Super Bowl events something that Settes dream of. Let's be honest the majority of people don't respect Jsetting and think it's a joke to dance. You can hate the Dolls all you want but everybody knows the Dolls are the Michael Jackson of dancelines.
LISA said:

RSS

© 2020   Created by Marchingsport.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service