What's good everyone? I just got in from the MLK BOTB and here are my thoughts on the band.Oh and if any college musician is going to critique the BOTB please use positive criticism and dont put none of the schools down. Remember these young musicians might be in your place in a university band 3 - 4 years from now.Small BandWorthing Marching 100Oh my freaking goodness. The only females that was in that band are the auxiliary.There was nothing but grown men in that band tonight. They deserved 1st place.WestburyAnother band thats progress in works. I can see yall making noise next yearWossmanI thought there was only one band from Monroe and that was Carroll, but I was wrong. Good job to that program.Jones Falcon Marching BandI don't want to say nothing negative but I should say yall are a program on the rebuilding stage.Wheatley Purple ExplosionKeep up the good work and yall will be a force to be reckoned with. Get the marching style down and learn to play while doing it. Good job Mr. Basha.Madison Ocean of ThunderYall twirlers were yall highlight. Same as Wheatley. I would love to see Madison on smash mode. Mr. Thorton is a good teacher. He is the reason why Im a beast on bone. So follow his lead and yall can make yall own legacy.ReaganTo tell the truth I thought yall was Austin or a school from Austin. My bad. But yall was entertaining. just need to iron out the wrinkles in certain areas/Austin (From Houston)Sorry didnt get a chance to see yall. Was in that long as concession stand line. But I was told yall was entertaining.Medium BandMilbyOMG I never seen the Buff Marching Band that big. Yall are promising and yall represented HISD very good. In my opinion I feel yall should have won 1st place/Royal Marching BandI feel that last year performance yall was better. But hopefully this can be a motivation for yall to be even better than last year. Good job and keep producing.Big BandNorth Forest High SchoolA work in progress. Heavy on the low brass. Trombone and Baritone Need to listen to each other and and play in tune and yall can take out whoever whenever and whereever. Get some more upper brass and it will be on from there.Townview Big D BandLegacy in process of being built with this band. out of a score of 10 i would give yall a 8 1/2. But everyone that didnt know about the Big D band knows about yall now. Like my band director told the Ocean, If yall can come back the next day and better than the day before. Yall can not be touched. (not in them words but in the format)Willowridge Mighty Eagle Marching BandWinners of the Big Division. Will forever be a force to be reckoned with. Despite a few errors, everything was str8. from the Mrach on to the Corp Style exit. And yeah giving a shout out to Shun and Isha (hope I spelled it right), the Female drum majors. They shocked everyone with Trae in their halftime show.The highlight of the night when Worthing and Milby combined and played I was like WoW. They did the damn thing.But congrats to all the band that attended and performed.I just wished McDonough 35 and Beaumont Central could of came. Also Samuel High School.Bu

You need to be a member of bandhead.org to add comments!

Join bandhead.org

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• there is no austin from atx its reagan and got 2 in small
  • samuell would have beasted lol
  • yeah Samuel got some grown men in the lower brass section
  • What were the official standings?
  • Big Band

1st - Willowridge
    2nd - Townview
    3rd - North Forest High School

Medium

1st - Royal
    2nd - Milby

Small

1st - Worthing
    2nd - I think Reagan
    3rd - Forgot
    4th - I think Wheatley
  • thx for words up on Royal, and yeah since i marched with them last year and still am, last year was the better show but this year i dont really know lol, but thx for the engoriaging words!!!

but hell i wish Carroll would have came, and Ozen!!!!! only us and Milby up in Medium band!!!

but i do have to give props to the ridge once again for showing them why Houston had and still have the best bands!!!!
  • NO WORMS!!!!!!!!!!
    I had to go before the judging so...
    Worthing....Priceless. Once again an almost nearly flawless performance from that little school in Sunnyside

Austin...ORIGINALITY....it was a break from all those WORMS!!!!! And DAT BUTT!!!

Reagan...Most Improved band there!!!!!!

Westbury...as usual drilling their behinds off!

Wheatley...The most suprising band there. Ya'll got a little sound there!

Madison... One of the crunkest! Try to calm down and relax though....

Jones...Most heart...please start a band at Attucks....

Milby.....(sighs)......(puts his hand on his chin)........them boys are beast and for a second year band I don't see to many being able to match size, feeder schools and strength...not in HISD anyway...I just hope they don't go the way of other bands in the city (r.i.p. sam houston) I have video somewhere of them at the rodeo circa 95 (sam houston too) and it would make ya'll laugh!

Royal...that is the best performance I have seen from ya'll!

North Forest....ya'll good. Now, Why were they in the big band category again please?

Willowridge...Typical Ridge! Good drill nice sound Dance routine on point and Trae to top it off If ya'll did not win then.....

Townview...UNFAIR TO BE IN A HIGH SCOOL BTOB!!!! Maybe a High school ALL STAR BTOB or college but not this one....Geez they have no sports!!! Look like Southern marched in...and the SOUND.... The Drill....Just un-fair. Someone should start a band at Barbara Jordan!
  • but wait i just realized this, WESTBURY DIDNT EVEN PLACE!!!!! that was a shocker in my opinion but Wossman, and espeically Austin brought it, and worthing, OMG ya'll was beasting

but i am proud to see Austin at least placing 4th out of all dem small bands, cuz it is very difficult to even get 4th in a division like there!!!! so i give my main props to Austin!!!!
  • yeah....you know huh...I thought I wasn't the only person to see that....

SG862 said:
    but wait i just realized this, WESTBURY DIDNT EVEN PLACE!!!!! that was a shocker in my opinion but Wossman, and espeically Austin brought it, and worthing, OMG ya'll was beasting

but i am proud to see Austin at least placing 4th out of all dem small bands, cuz it is very difficult to even get 4th in a division like there!!!! so i give my main props to Austin!!!!
    MLK Battle of the Bands - What's Your Thoughts? * No Smack Needed *
    What's good everyone? I just got in from the MLK BOTB and here are my thoughts on the band. Oh and if any college musician is going to critique the…
  • Tonight was also a special tribute to HASBs book...
This reply was deleted.