MS vs. LA BOTB

Bottom Line:ALL THE BANDS IN ATTENDANCE PERFORMED EXCEPTIONALLY WELL.The problem I have with all this acitivity is the adults or so called "band directors" that are involved with all the controversy. I carry myself as a man I will remain a man at all times. The events that occurred this saturday seriously disturbed me. And the comments that follwed after the event on this site doublely disturbed me. Man this LLI and SOD thing is minute compared to the young lives impacted by the foolishness that ADULTS promote to thier kids.1. If it's not my kids I really don;t care what your kids do or what they are playing. My agneda is for them is set based on something larger than me, you, LLI, SOD, or anyithing else. My main goal is the advancement of my students that I SERVE. When you lose site of that is when you have this type of talk on the site.2. I am a real MAN outside of this band world. I believe that is the key to molding leaders out of your kids. A lot of band directors become real HARD when they get 60 or 70 kids in their program. But in real life situations they are about soft as the CHARMIN tissue.3. Leadership's Goal: Is to produce leaders, musicians, thinkers, adults, and citizens. Sometimes as adults we forget those aspects as being band directors.4. All the foolishness on this site I dont blame on the kids. They are a reflection of their directors. So I fault THEM.Events that occurred that maybe people don't understand:SOME FACTS YOU NEED TO KNOW:1. LLI will never play songs that everybody else has.2. LLI willl never play songs only that come from SU.3. LLI doesn;t have to prove anything to anyone else.4. LLI is about producing the whole student.5, LLI is in the business of preparing students for the next level. (College)The comments about song selection being weak is concurred by me. But guess what. I really don't care about what the crowd thinks when the competition is not judged. SO in that respect LLI will do them. The only reason we did those battle were for exposure and scholarship opportunites for the kids in LLI.TO THIS DATE WE HAVE OFFICIAL EXPRESSED INTERESTS IN OUR SENIORS FROM SEVERAL COLLEGES. MEANING WE HAVE DOCUMENTATION THAT THOSE COLLEGES HAVE SENT FOR OUR KIDS EXCLUSIVELY BASED ON OUR "MUSICIANSHIOP" WHEN WE PERFORMED.If this was judged the top 10 songs would come out. If not then we play to impress the people that matter. I mean we have important performances coming up for dignitaries. I am not going to concentrate on "REP YOUR CITY" if I know I am playing for Congress or President OBAMA. I worked at St. Aug and wer never played radio songs but was revered as the best band in the state. So some of the comments about song selection is based on the informed.My goal is to produce musicians and leaders. AT ALL COST. The most disciplined band was LLI. The band that played with the most musicality was LLI. You can;t deny it. The people can't deny it. You have some band directors that marched for a great that think they can be great band directors. I marched and STUDIED with the GREATS. ( Plural ). That is why I am in this state of leaving the whole note half note music alone when it comes to teaching high school students. Now don't get me wrong I give it to them sometimes so they can get their "ROCKS" off but I bring them back to reality with EWF Love Goes On and etc....We talk about the kids being apathtetic and igonorarnt but reallly you have adults showing them the very thing that we complain about.When SOD slid over to get next to us in the stands, that just proved to my kids that they were our !@#$%$. And they had really something to prove to us. LLI had something to prove to ourselves and to the COLLEGE directors in attendance. You always fight up and not down. You always fight for the belt not for an exhbition. SOD's directors had one thing right out of the two. They tried to fight up the ranks.You have some directors that were acting childish in front of their kids. One in particular is the cat from ISTROUMA. Man dude was acting wild. But he won't tell you he tried to sneak in LLI's practice. He tried to act so hard at the BOTB of bands but he wont tell you when he was in the NO he was as a quiet church mouse. PROVEN weak minded and a sad musician. But with a change of area codes comes a change of identity.This is me VIRGIL C TILLER. GOOGLE ME. Now google your director. I have nothing to prove. Dudes taking shots at me but none of them can ever say that they performes with their own high school band at ESSENCE with Maze Featuring Frankie Beverley. Until then then, the comparisions between me and them should stay at a minumum. My resumes precedes my works.As an adult I instructed my students to respond as they are doing on the internet. I am happy to see they are complying. Take this into consideration SOD. EVERY BAND GOT PAID FOR THEIR TRANSPORTATION AND PLUS. LLI'S MONEY IS IN OUR ACCOUNT. YOUR MONEY WAS SPLIT AMONG THE BD'S. PLUS YOU HAD TO BUY SHIRTS AND SUITS. WAKE UP!PROFESSIONALSIM AT ITS BEST: THE CONTRACT SAID FROM 1 TO 3PM. WE GAVE THEM UNTIL 3:30 PM. WE GAVE OUR PARENTS THE ITENERARY BASED ON THE 3PM DEPARTURE. WE HAVE KIDS THAT TRAVEL AS FAR AS VILLE PLATTE. MAN I CAN'T KEEP THEM KIDS IN THAT STADIUM BECAUSE YOU WANT TO SEE IT. THAT WOULD BE UN-PROFESSSIONAL ON MY PART.THE ORGANIZER THEN COMMENEDED OUR BAND ON OUR PRESENCE AT THE BOTB. AND SAID HE WAS GLAD THAT WE DIDN'T GET INTO THE THE FOOLISHNESS BEFORE THE GAME BECAUSE THEY WERE TRYING TO HOLD THE GAME. PROFESSIONALISM.OUR KIDS RECEIVED SHOLARSHIP INQUIRIES FROM 4 COLLEGES LAREADY. PHYISCIAL AND SOFT CONFIRMATIONS. VALLEY'S ND WILL CONDUCT AUDITIONS IN OUR BAND ROOM.WITH THAT SAID.EVERYBODY DID WELL GOOD.GOD BLESS YOU!P.S.: Anyone have any concerns (Band Directors included) my info is readily available on this site. It has been on this site for several months. But just in case you want to be refreshed of the info- virgil.tiller@gmail.com, 504-390-1742LLI "THE HEARBEAT OF LOUISIANA" anything else is uncouth.

You need to be a member of bandhead.org to add comments!

Join bandhead.org

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Votes: 0

Replies

• Real.
  • Very Real....
  • WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW im not even from LA but i was there this past weekend in ville platte and some of the parents where talkin about the botb and mite i say BR is not close to ville platte at all... but everything is kool to me.... what i got out of it is that your tellin ppl how it is being a man about it and not being fake in they face and have them comin to you like yall kool like some of these other BD's to thats was up if they wanna be foolish who needs friends what i learned from my high school BD ppl who know how to do business will always surround themselves  around ppl like that
  • and this is the Truth
  • LOL, THIS where if find you, wea u been

TenorDHS said:
    and this is the Truth
    MS vs. LA BOTB
    Bottom Line: ALL THE BANDS IN ATTENDANCE PERFORMED EXCEPTIONALLY WELL. The problem I have with all this acitivity is the adults or so called band…
  • Tiller. This Juvon Pollard Sr. Band director at Istrouma. Dude not one time did I come on bandhead and say anything about you. Let me clarify some things you said I was quit as a mouse when I wad in the city dude ease we never ran in the same circle for you to even know me, let's get the facts straight, but you claim to be a profesional and a man. Then you said I was sad on my horn now all of bandhead who know me knows that's not the truth, now google that. Then you said I was trying to sneak into lli practice not one time did I even get out my car, and playing with famous people don't make you good. Dude If you felt played about something I did at the botb you could have pulled mr to the side like the profesional man you claim to be instead of cyber talking. Trying to put me pn blast stating false information about me. It's cool

Juvon Pollard Sr.
    Director of Bands Istrouma High
    SOD the peoples choice
  • #REAL
  • And the church said...Amen...
  • real talk now run and tell that....
  • #REAL..SOD "The Truth"

Donaldsonville DrumMajor2010

SOD DrumMajor2011

Juvon Pollard Sr. said:

Tiller. This Juvon Pollard Sr. Band director at Istrouma. Dude not one time did I come on bandhead and say anything about you. Let me clarify some things you said I was quit as a mouse when I wad in the city dude ease we never ran in the same circle for you to even know me, let's get the facts straight, but you claim to be a profesional and a man. Then you said I was sad on my horn now all of bandhead who know me knows that's not the truth, now google that. Then you said I was trying to sneak into lli practice not one time did I even get out my car, and playing with famous people don't make you good. Dude If you felt played about something I did at the botb you could have pulled mr to the side like the profesional man you claim to be instead of cyber talking. Trying to put me pn blast stating false information about me. It's cool

Juvon Pollard Sr.
    Director of Bands Istrouma High
    SOD the peoples choice
This reply was deleted.