Bottom Line:

ALL THE BANDS IN ATTENDANCE PERFORMED EXCEPTIONALLY WELL.

The problem I have with all this acitivity is the adults or so called "band directors" that are involved with all the controversy. I carry myself as a man I will remain a man at all times. The events that occurred this saturday seriously disturbed me. And the comments that follwed after the event on this site doublely disturbed me. Man this LLI and SOD thing is minute compared to the young lives impacted by the foolishness that ADULTS promote to thier kids.

1. If it's not my kids I really don;t care what your kids do or what they are playing. My agneda is for them is set based on something larger than me, you, LLI, SOD, or anyithing else. My main goal is the advancement of my students that I SERVE. When you lose site of that is when you have this type of talk on the site.

2. I am a real MAN outside of this band world. I believe that is the key to molding leaders out of your kids. A lot of band directors become real HARD when they get 60 or 70 kids in their program. But in real life situations they are about soft as the CHARMIN tissue.

3. Leadership's Goal: Is to produce leaders, musicians, thinkers, adults, and citizens. Sometimes as adults we forget those aspects as being band directors.

4. All the foolishness on this site I dont blame on the kids. They are a reflection of their directors. So I fault THEM.

Events that occurred that maybe people don't understand:

SOME FACTS YOU NEED TO KNOW:

1. LLI will never play songs that everybody else has.
2. LLI willl never play songs only that come from SU.
3. LLI doesn;t have to prove anything to anyone else.
4. LLI is about producing the whole student.
5, LLI is in the business of preparing students for the next level. (College)

The comments about song selection being weak is concurred by me. But guess what. I really don't care about what the crowd thinks when the competition is not judged. SO in that respect LLI will do them. The only reason we did those battle were for exposure and scholarship opportunites for the kids in LLI.

TO THIS DATE WE HAVE OFFICIAL EXPRESSED INTERESTS IN OUR SENIORS FROM SEVERAL COLLEGES. MEANING WE HAVE DOCUMENTATION THAT THOSE COLLEGES HAVE SENT FOR OUR KIDS EXCLUSIVELY BASED ON OUR "MUSICIANSHIOP" WHEN WE PERFORMED.

If this was judged the top 10 songs would come out. If not then we play to impress the people that matter. I mean we have important performances coming up for dignitaries. I am not going to concentrate on "REP YOUR CITY" if I know I am playing for Congress or President OBAMA. I worked at St. Aug and wer never played radio songs but was revered as the best band in the state. So some of the comments about song selection is based on the informed.

My goal is to produce musicians and leaders. AT ALL COST. The most disciplined band was LLI. The band that played with the most musicality was LLI. You can;t deny it. The people can't deny it. You have some band directors that marched for a great that think they can be great band directors. I marched and STUDIED with the GREATS. ( Plural ). That is why I am in this state of leaving the whole note half note music alone when it comes to teaching high school students. Now don't get me wrong I give it to them sometimes so they can get their "ROCKS" off but I bring them back to reality with EWF Love Goes On and etc....

We talk about the kids being apathtetic and igonorarnt but reallly you have adults showing them the very thing that we complain about.

When SOD slid over to get next to us in the stands, that just proved to my kids that they were our !@#$%$. And they had really something to prove to us. LLI had something to prove to ourselves and to the COLLEGE directors in attendance. You always fight up and not down. You always fight for the belt not for an exhbition. SOD's directors had one thing right out of the two. They tried to fight up the ranks.

You have some directors that were acting childish in front of their kids. One in particular is the cat from ISTROUMA. Man dude was acting wild. But he won't tell you he tried to sneak in LLI's practice. He tried to act so hard at the BOTB of bands but he wont tell you when he was in the NO he was as a quiet church mouse. PROVEN weak minded and a sad musician. But with a change of area codes comes a change of identity.

This is me VIRGIL C TILLER. GOOGLE ME. Now google your director. I have nothing to prove. Dudes taking shots at me but none of them can ever say that they performes with their own high school band at ESSENCE with Maze Featuring Frankie Beverley. Until then then, the comparisions between me and them should stay at a minumum. My resumes precedes my works.

As an adult I instructed my students to respond as they are doing on the internet. I am happy to see they are complying. Take this into consideration SOD. EVERY BAND GOT PAID FOR THEIR TRANSPORTATION AND PLUS. LLI'S MONEY IS IN OUR ACCOUNT. YOUR MONEY WAS SPLIT AMONG THE BD'S. PLUS YOU HAD TO BUY SHIRTS AND SUITS. WAKE UP!

PROFESSIONALSIM AT ITS BEST: THE CONTRACT SAID FROM 1 TO 3PM. WE GAVE THEM UNTIL 3:30 PM. WE GAVE OUR PARENTS THE ITENERARY BASED ON THE 3PM DEPARTURE. WE HAVE KIDS THAT TRAVEL AS FAR AS VILLE PLATTE. MAN I CAN'T KEEP THEM KIDS IN THAT STADIUM BECAUSE YOU WANT TO SEE IT. THAT WOULD BE UN-PROFESSSIONAL ON MY PART.

THE ORGANIZER THEN COMMENEDED OUR BAND ON OUR PRESENCE AT THE BOTB. AND SAID HE WAS GLAD THAT WE DIDN'T GET INTO THE THE FOOLISHNESS BEFORE THE GAME BECAUSE THEY WERE TRYING TO HOLD THE GAME. PROFESSIONALISM.

OUR KIDS RECEIVED SHOLARSHIP INQUIRIES FROM 4 COLLEGES LAREADY. PHYISCIAL AND SOFT CONFIRMATIONS. VALLEY'S ND WILL CONDUCT AUDITIONS IN OUR BAND ROOM.

WITH THAT SAID.

EVERYBODY DID WELL GOOD.

GOD BLESS YOU!

P.S.: Anyone have any concerns (Band Directors included) my info is readily available on this site. It has been on this site for several months. But just in case you want to be refreshed of the info- virgil.tiller@gmail.com, 504-390-1742

LLI "THE HEARBEAT OF LOUISIANA" anything else is uncouth.

Views: 238

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

AND YOU RIGHT? CLEO MESS OVER EVERY BAND DIRECTOR WHO GO TO TEACH LLI  WHO HAVE A BETTER RESUME THAN MR KNIGHTEN AND GREGGS...??? AND THEY BOTH GOT MESSED OVER

Rick Harris said:
LLI band directer talking $#!+ watch Cleo fields crooked @$$ f--k over him too just Like he messed ova Mr. Johnson ,J- jones ,Mr. Knighten , and Dr. Greggs . Now he talks about his resume i dnt believe his resume looks nearly as good as Mr. Knighten and Especially Dr. Greggs and look how they got messed over it's just a matter of time till ole Cleo put that wood in him too

Black Recluse said:

This topic is very childish for someone who claims to be a real man.

This is more childish than what some kids were posting over the past couple of the days...and with so many false allegations

smh @ a grown man doing something like this

its really not dis serious, let ur program speak for u
i feel that man said what he said cause thats how he felt people been takin shoots at mr tiiler all day on here at the end of the day he said if anybody had a problem with what he said call him he left his number now i cosign that                     devon said:
real talk,

Black Recluse said:

This is more childish than what some kids were posting over the past couple of the days...and with so many false allegations

Dude what's wrong with you, you said I got my money took, be real. for you to even tell meto go to teach Louisiana let's me know you been researching me. I'm done with this topic, be a leader for the lli kids you making yourself look small. I won't leave my number , you must need a audience to validate yourself I know who I am. Man I thought you was better than this bruh real talk, and you making it hard for lli to function bruh. lli will never be what it can without the baton rouge kids Saturday proved that. Let's be men and educate these kids instead of being petty on bandhead, ok I'll be the sad trumpet player you say I am. God bless...

Virgil C. Tiller said:

Mr. Pollard Sr.  I left my number and email, yet you continue to be a cyber surfer.  LOL!!!!

I do know you. You played with the Stooges Brass Band.  I am a current member.  I remember the night when Ersel took you gig money and made you cry to Walter to get it back.  

Your ability to play is from an assessment based on my personal experience.  

Like I said my  resume precedes me.

You are right that playing for someone famous doesn't make you good.  But who did you perform for that is worth talking about?  And just because you played in a good band (SU) that doesn't make you good.  There are some sad people that come out.  You are one of them.

Don't Google me, but I want you to do this:  Put my name in this search box then put yours.

https://www.teachlouisiana.net/CertificationOld/searchcertification...

Work on your craft instead of being instigator of kids negative behavior.  GET CERTIFIED.  

I LEFT MY NUMBER AND EMAIL AND YET YOU POST HERE.  WHO'S THE COWARD.  HOW ABOUT THIS: YOU LEAVE YOUR NUMBER AND I'LL CALL YOU.  I'LL MAKE IT EASIER FOR YOU TO SEEM LIKE YOUR A MAN.

EVERYBODY SOUNDED GOOD. GOD BLESS!

V.C.TILLER

I guess ill be quite n let my program spak for me. (Juss dk) never underestimate. Everybody keep tat n mind. Lmfao. Smdh
Haha. For a minute i thought i was at chuck e cheeses btw some of these grown ups actin

Not once has a SOD staff member come on here and say anything negative about LLI...Tiller is resulting to childish antics which makes him look very bad.  Does he not know that all directors and kids read this board???  What happens when band directors read this and yanks their kids from LLI...i'll tell you what will happen....Cleo will give him the boot the same way St Aug did...and Tiller, Mr Pollard might not go there with you but i will...since when did you become a "Certified Music Teacher"???

First let me set the record straight. I am Kedric Taylor the Director of Bands of the Louisiana Sounds Of Dynamite. Before you post comments about anyone on sod staff, you really need to make sure your comments are factual. I think this is very childish to post something on the internet about another man. But i just want to clarify a few things. No staff member from sod did not start any mess at all pertaining to LLI. We all thought it was a friendly battle.

I am a graduate of Southern University in Music. I am also the band director of Baker High School. My motto has always been we make music and not noise. Our overall goal is to educate our students. My first year at baker high I started out with a band that had about 19 students. They could not even play Bb concert scale. They started from scratch and performed at every football game that season. Sounding good for beginners. The next year we went to 3 botb and won 1st place at all three. Then in the spring we went to LMEA concert band festival district IV and received superior ratings on stage. We also went to prefestival and received superior ratings. Then we went to San Antonio and received first place in class A concert band festival. I said all that to say this, know the person in charge before you judge them. You may have performed with Frankie Beverly and Maze with St Aug.but That does not speak for you. I can remember when you were at Scotlandville in 2005 you did not receive any awards nor accolades’ that you so called received at a already established st aug. Also while you were at St. Aug. i do not remember you going to any concert band festivals while you were there for only two years. If I am wrong about any of this information please inform us by showing us your clips, because I have my clips. Concert band and Marching Band.

Yes we have a lot of work to do with sod, but we are in the process of cleaning up our group. We just started our band back up with a lot of new kids. We are finding ways to educate our students musically and most of all in everyday life. Like i told the students when we got back to the school, we were the best of the worse. We have a lot of kids involved with this group that are not experienced musicians, but that is our staff overall goal, to get them to the standards they need to be on as a outstanding musician. We play pop tunes, full tunes, and also warm up chorales. We go through warm up exercises. We also tune our band. We teach music not songs. Do not go on what you heard.

Every performer knows that when you perform at an event, your primary goal is to entertain the crowd. That is why the fans cheered for every song we played. People paid to see a show not to hear songs u thought were entertaining to the college band directors. We played songs to entertain the crowd. That is the purpose of a Battle of the bands right? The college band did not come in until you last selection, and you played knocking pictures off the wall. We do not play anything from Southern University, and, our whole staff marched in the band at Southern. We write our own music. We do not buy them from colleges because college arrangements are meant to be played by that band, that’s why we write our own music to fit our bands instrumentation.

The college bands both said that we were the best band there. They also gave us the same scholarship packets that you all received. That is nice if they hold auditions at your facility. I would think valley would hold auditions at your facility. One of your assistants graduated from valley. Mr. Jackson held auditions in my band room last year also, but what does that prove about the organization itself.(NOTHING) We have students that are preparing now for auditions at different colleges. It is not these kids fault that they are behind as musicians. That is why we have had this group for years. We are trying to teach music in our program.

Yes our students were excited to see LLI come to the botb. But they had a reason to be excited. When I marched in the band at Su and we played different Universities, We were excited to show off what we had been practicing also. A lot of things were said about the kids being apart of sod. I don't know if it was true or not. I really do not care at this point. I just want all of the things said about sod to stop. The only reason we moved is because they asked us to. But why would you all go way over there anyway. Carver did not want to be in between 2 all star bands. I am a professional. We are striving for excellence.

When you speak about SOD make sure you address us in a proper manner and respect our organization.

Kedric Taylor. Director of Bands of The Lousiana Sounds of Dynamite.

I Googled some Lousiana BDs for the heck of it. Parish arrest records, board of ethics investigations and court cases came up...

MARCH ON!!!

I dont know about all that. But EVERYONE that calls themselves a "taxpayer" should definitely be watching "bag man" Fields.

Rick Harris said:

LLI band directer talking $#!+ watch Cleo fields crooked @$$ f--k over him too just Like he messed ova Mr. Johnson ,J- jones ,Mr. Knighten , and Dr. Greggs . Now he talks about his resume i dnt believe his resume looks nearly as good as Mr. Knighten and Especially Dr. Greggs and look how they got messed over it's just a matter of time till ole Cleo put that wood in him too

Black Recluse said:

Its psychological warfare i tell ya
closed!!

RSS

© 2020   Created by Marchingsport.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service