1st Lithonia
2nd North Atlanta

Division 4
1st Stephenson
2nd Townview

Views: 919

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I strongly disagree Whitehaven High School has a SWAC style and has won every year they participated in the event..

The Instructor said:
It was an ok event. We (Townview) came in 2nd behind Stephenson. My personal observation is THEY have to do a better job at judging. It is defiantly a MEAC driven event. If you have a SWAC style or anything that resembles SWAC you won't do well in this event. Good job to everyone. To Townview great job to my kids we worked hard and did a GREAT job, sometime the judges just prefer something else. But Great JOB!!!
Ekk... the won their 1st year, lost to Highland Springs the second year.

Ozell Pace Jr. said:
I strongly disagree Whitehaven High School has a SWAC style and has won every year they participated in the event..

The Instructor said:
It was an ok event. We (Townview) came in 2nd behind Stephenson. My personal observation is THEY have to do a better job at judging. It is defiantly a MEAC driven event. If you have a SWAC style or anything that resembles SWAC you won't do well in this event. Good job to everyone. To Townview great job to my kids we worked hard and did a GREAT job, sometime the judges just prefer something else. But Great JOB!!!
oh man...yall started talkin bout it again...jus post the clip...ill do mine first
Ugh that video...

Phillip Mack said:
best one i've seen...wait...its the only one i've seen...and y r u hatin...who r u?
no one important...

Phillip Mack said:
best one i've seen...wait...its the only one i've seen...and y r u hatin...who r u?
medgar evans did good but compared to other school that competed they fell short in my eyes on musicianship but hey im not the judge

We were in this competition simply to travel and make the fans scream, we were very successful at that. The standing ovation we received was in my eyes better than any trophy from Nationals. My first program started in 2008, however the vast majority of the kids that I brought to Nationals are new to the program and joined within the last year.

I think it is amazing that we pulled off such a great show (the best for us this season), we are glad that we were complimented by other students, directors and parents of the other performing groups. Our seniors were also approached by all of the collegiate bands and offered scholarship.  

Winning the competition is nice, but if you can't win the people that paid for the tickets...you aren't really winning. How can you be so proud of a trophy without your supporters (all the people that purchased a ticket) didn't feel your show was worthwhile and they strongly disagree with the placement you received? Musician or not, a good show, is a good show. Thank you for watching us, and I hope you look forward to our performances in the future no matter how good are bad they are. It would be nice to see some of the other bands shows, but to date no one has posted anything. If you had a great show, and you won various trophies in various categories, then why not post a clip for the world to appreciate? A lot of people appreciate our show and show us a lot of love, and we didn't win, so just imagine the love the winners will get (if their shows are any good). 

Nationals or not, judges don't help pay for uniforms and instruments, but all the donations and love we received for our show are helping make that possible. In my mind there is no question, fans come first, because fans write checks. My program is going to give the people what they want, but we know we can't make everyone happy. 

Prof. B. 

the-opportunist said:

medgar evans did good but compared to other school that competed they fell short in my eyes on musicianship but hey im not the judge
why is it that theres only one judge for each category? Wouldn't it make since to have more then one so you wouldn't have to deal with whether or not its being judged correctly from people.. 

Reppa said:
Not to start this argument over again but this is from the 5thQ by the CEO of nationals

[quote="HS Nationals"]All of you are up here talking about judges, just because a judge lives somewhere now or works in a school in a specific conference thay does not mean they are swac,meac, ciaa, etc.....

Our marching judge "ben McKnight" is from south Carolina state university, he is a graduate of FAMU and has taught in Michigan and Georgia.

Our music individual judge is a graduate of southern university, and currently works at Norfolk state for the last 2 years, Dr. Tim Zachery.

Our general effects judge is from West Carteret High School a corps program, yes a corps program, did I mention corps, he is a certified judge for WGI, if you don't know what that stands for look it up, he has won national champions all over, Donald Johnson.

Each year we reach out to swac directors but for several reason they can't do it mostly because they have a game. We had Dr. Lee from TX Southern judge before, oops I forgot he worked at howard, guess you'll complain about that too. We've had Dr. Mcdonald judge from TSU, if you got somebody you want judge have them call me.

We pay for judges, fly them in, feed them, provide transportation so there should be no reason they cannot do it.

Long story short,
Each year idiots get up here and Bytch and complain safely behind your computers, but I have come to the point where I am sick of it.

My info is on the website, call me if you got so much to say.

If you don't think it's fair, you don't like it.....don't come!
Simple isn't it?

It's a contest folk, some will win and some will lose, it's like any game in sports!

Bands that continue to compete, will get better and those that don't will be surpassed by your peers.

To me it's about education and the kids, not your egos!

It's not swac or meac it's Music & Performance.

And watch this I'm gonna sign my name,

Rod Chambers[/quote]
Ok are YOU going to pay for the extra judges? And the judges are fair enought from all sorts of background some of which y'all see as a Gods gift to the SWAC.

Kadijah Jacobs said:
why is it that theres only one judge for each category? Wouldn't it make since to have more then one so you wouldn't have to deal with whether or not its being judged correctly from people.. 

Reppa said:
Not to start this argument over again but this is from the 5thQ by the CEO of nationals

[quote="HS Nationals"]All of you are up here talking about judges, just because a judge lives somewhere now or works in a school in a specific conference thay does not mean they are swac,meac, ciaa, etc.....

Our marching judge "ben McKnight" is from south Carolina state university, he is a graduate of FAMU and has taught in Michigan and Georgia.

Our music individual judge is a graduate of southern university, and currently works at Norfolk state for the last 2 years, Dr. Tim Zachery.

Our general effects judge is from West Carteret High School a corps program, yes a corps program, did I mention corps, he is a certified judge for WGI, if you don't know what that stands for look it up, he has won national champions all over, Donald Johnson.

Each year we reach out to swac directors but for several reason they can't do it mostly because they have a game. We had Dr. Lee from TX Southern judge before, oops I forgot he worked at howard, guess you'll complain about that too. We've had Dr. Mcdonald judge from TSU, if you got somebody you want judge have them call me.

We pay for judges, fly them in, feed them, provide transportation so there should be no reason they cannot do it.

Long story short,
Each year idiots get up here and Bytch and complain safely behind your computers, but I have come to the point where I am sick of it.

My info is on the website, call me if you got so much to say.

If you don't think it's fair, you don't like it.....don't come!
Simple isn't it?

It's a contest folk, some will win and some will lose, it's like any game in sports!

Bands that continue to compete, will get better and those that don't will be surpassed by your peers.

To me it's about education and the kids, not your egos!

It's not swac or meac it's Music & Performance.

And watch this I'm gonna sign my name,

Rod Chambers[/quote]
I cant believe this whole thing is still being discussed. Everyone did good.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Marchingsport.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service