1st Lithonia
2nd North Atlanta

Division 4
1st Stephenson
2nd Townview

Views: 921

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

@therrious davis...melrose got smacked...there are things i know bout yall band that wud put u in ya place...but im a student so imma stay in my place...up until swoop yall song selection was good...but yall played jstates arrangement wrong...yall had trumpets over us by a weeee bit...but wen the clips show yall runnin from jiggalator then we can argue bout that too...yall not wack though...and it was a gud battle...new orleans style...10 feet from eachother...in the grass...pitch black...loved every minute of it...
Half the time battling Melrose we were tryna pull all the members off the street and get into a formation that was smaller than our own band room...which can barely fit us now....yall were all comfortable over there...didn't mare though, we know yall felt it....and it hurt too. Nationals should have let the bands battle in the stands....all show bands have songs in their book for that purpose.

MELROSE WAS THE ONLY BAND THAT DIDN'T RUN FROM US!!!!!!!
@therrious davis How dare you say that you demolished us?...You guys were good for a smaller band but we were better and no way you blew us out...If you believe that being louder makes you the victor (which you werent) then that goes to show you how far your knowledge of the band world goes...You guys should definitely make the trip to Brooklyn if you feel that you blew us out and can do it again cuz i highly doubt you would even agree with yaself after a Battle of The Bands
I didn't make my statement to start any confusion or so called arguments with anyone. Everyone is entitled their opinion; so I gave mine. To Decatur; I actually respect the program and what Stephenson has accomplished over the years. My statement was not to discredit any program. I see you did a little homework, but let's be real about this. Just because ONE of adjudicators went to a SWAC school (SU), does not mean he supports the style. For example, Your director is from MONROE, LOUISIANA, (Grambling area) but he went to FAMU. It's a choice or preference. Not to say that HE doesn't support/like SWAC, but he prefers the MEAC style. My program is new and definitely NOT PERFECT, but we are indeed a good representation of a SWAC style high school band.

To the Drummajor, I appreciate the compliment. We will keep working hard-But I won't be entertaining the thought of Nationals again. I can't change my style for these folks. I can go as far as to say that there were some good sounding bands in the division who may have beat us in musicality, but marching? I don't get it.

Great Job to all of the participating schools, directors, parents, booster clubs and everyone who supports school music programs. To Prof Brown, You all Looked Good and I love the energy! Keep Doing What You Do!
Um what? My director is from atlanta not louisiana

C. Mills said:
I didn't make my statement to start any confusion or so called arguments with anyone. Everyone is entitled their opinion; so I gave mine. To Decatur; I actually respect the program and what Stephenson has accomplished over the years. My statement was not to discredit any program. I see you did a little homework, but let's be real about this. Just because ONE of adjudicators went to a SWAC school (SU), does not mean he supports the style. For example, Your director is from MONROE, LOUISIANA, (Grambling area) but he went to FAMU. It's a choice or preference. Not to say that HE doesn't support/like SWAC, but he prefers the MEAC style. My program is new and definitely NOT PERFECT, but we are indeed a good representation of a SWAC style high school band.

To the Drummajor, I appreciate the compliment. We will keep working hard-But I won't be entertaining the thought of Nationals again. I can't change my style for these folks. I can go as far as to say that there were some good sounding bands in the division who may have beat us in musicality, but marching? I don't get it.

Great Job to all of the participating schools, directors, parents, booster clubs and everyone who supports school music programs. To Prof Brown, You all Looked Good and I love the energy! Keep Doing What You Do!

Reppa said:

STATMANSHIP said:
For anyone to say this competition isn't biased against any particular style of band is ridiculous. It was biased from friday night at the drum competition lol. How Warren County won a drumline competition using a piano and 3 drum sets is beyond my comprehension. I can say without a doubt that we (Townview) deserved that trophy for sure.

Um.... a piano can be a percussion instrument.....http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Is_the_piano_a_percussion_or_strings_inst...
Its a hybrid instrument, can be considered a String to. Weired I know. Like the xylophone can be considered a woodwind sometimes.

step out of the norm people. Don't forget that they host one of the biggest showstyle drumline competitions in the nation.

Man we (TV) host a pretty BIG drum competition ourselves, and we are not opposed to thinking out of the norm as you say. Thats not the problem, the problem comes in when you play more piano and drumset then you do marching percussion. At a DRUMLINE competition. They played their DRUMS about 1 minute the rest was poetry and gospel songs. Thats where the problem comes in. And I have another problem but I won't post that just yet, saving that just in case the guys at Warren County wanna get on here and say something. So if its going to be a drum competition let it be just that, but if its going to be a gospel stage play let it be that. HA that was a good one.
Decatur Go ask him!
duh everybody kno he from louisiana then he came to redan

C. Mills said:
Decatur Go ask him!
Already have! You must have my band director (Quentin R Goins) confused with smeone else. He went to Redan elementary, Miller Grove Middle, Redan high then FAMU. Hes from atlanta

C. Mills said:
Decatur Go ask him!
bruh he said it personally to me i knew him for like 6 years when he first started teaching @ the middle school for internship and if u really knew him u would know that he wouldnt want u putting false info about him leaving
can some 1 put up clips from another band...all dis talkin is to no avail...
what are you talking about? Goins has been my teacher since i was in 6th grade im in 12th now. Goins defiently went 2 redan elementary, miller grove middle and redan high. And lets clear this up I CLOSED the topic for a reason. I never started it. It has been talked about that he was leaving with our class(2011) but it was ALL talk. My homeboy in the band (im not gonna call any names) decided to post the topic on my account because he didnt have one and he was at my house, when i became aware I immediatley CLOSED it

the-opportunist said:
bruh he said it personally to me i knew him for like 6 years when he first started teaching @ the middle school for internship and if u really knew him u would know that he wouldnt want u putting false info about him leaving

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Marchingsport.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service