Replies

• It was weird.... i liked the concept but the feathers got in the way of the dance. They finally looked good in the stands, but i wish they was sitting under the band... there was so much space below the band the dancers could have used so they wouldnt be so cluttered together like they was.

• I think they tried to copy this routine @6:30. they failed miserably.

That Guy From DC said:

It was weird.... i liked the concept but the feathers got in the way of the dance. They finally looked good in the stands, but i wish they was sitting under the band... there was so much space below the band the dancers could have used so they wouldnt be so cluttered together like they was.

• there are so many things i would change to make them a better squad.... the 1st is a name change.

• Just saw a closeup of the feature, and that uni was GORGEOUS. #saysomethingnice

• Horrible. Take notes from 14k & GD!
  • Hot Ice tried to trick the crowed with a sparkly uniform, and a huge headdress. No ma'am! We saw straight through it. I wish they would get back to how they were in the 90's/early 2000's. Whomever was over them then, PLEASEEEEEEE beg and pay him/her extra to come back.

• 21106614_10155632244078850_2246803993244506250_n.jpg?oh=9a3d6732efef9fcf14514ec97561c9fc&oe=5A24D9C2LOL...its actually is a pretty good looking uniform, very Detailed. the feathers killed it. should have just wore Feathered mohawks instead.

K.K. said:

Just saw a closeup of the feature, and that uni was GORGEOUS. #saysomethingnice

Norfolk State Hot Ice @ 2017 QC BOTB
    Starts around 7:50
  • Hot Ice looked terrible. They go downhill every single year. Uniforms are always ugly & that particular uniform looked very Dollish. Especially the detailing.
  • Hot Ice,eh.

The stands were nice, clean and polished from what I paid attention to. Nice to see them not bouncing around everywhere and making awkward moves like they've been known to do.

I really wasn’t bothered by the uniform, they always wear hideous costumes and I think that’s just their style. I felt as though the feathers were a great addition to the uniform as far as appearance, but it would have been nice to see them remove the feather mid feature and really tackle that field.  The feature was decent but you couldn’t even recognize that for the dramatic  feathers. Also, there were a few spacing issues and some seems unsure of certain moves within that routine.

The young slipped but that was a GREAT recovery! #SaySomethingNice

See, I genuinely want the best for Hot Ice.  Honestly, it’s not their style that bothers me; it’s the execution and delivery! I love the style that they bring to the table (referring back to the 2000’s); it’s totally different than any other squad out right now. The problem is, with that particular style, if it’s not executed properly, the delivery is poor which is a hot mess, no ice.

The performance wasn’t horrible (we’ve seen worse from them) but I know surely Norfolk University is capable of producing a better dance product than that. Sometimes I question squads like Hot Ice, Champagne, etc…  

Where are all the talented young women? Is this all your university had to offer?

What’s the audition process?

What type of candidates are you looking for?

Who is the coach? Does the coach have a vison for the squad? Do the coach and the band director even converse?

Does your coach have a background in dance?

Does your coach come to practice?

Do you even have a coach?

During practices, does anyone say “we look a mess yall..we need to change this?”

These are just a few questions that always enter my head when I see squads year after year producing poor work.

Hot Ice, Listen…..with the rise of the Spartan Legion program…we need you to match their heat right now! We need y’all to be evenly yoked! Lol

This reply was deleted.