The Most Epic Band Battle in the History of Delmar Stadium goes to
TxSU - Ocean of Soul - vs - SU - The Human JukeBox - 2011...
This was worth the wait, I had too much fun at this game... I will be working on the footage and i will have some high lights up in a few hrs...

 

 

also  shout out to all the Top Elite Camera Man/Woman who work this event!

 

 

Views: 5782

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

iono Su was ova dere bringing that pain, like they were loud the whole game, then they turned it into ova drive in the 5th!!! wow good job SU. the ocean had heart doe but they hurted in numbers fo sho





Claras Brown II said:
Maybe its just me, but im hearing  a lot of bickering on this web site. People have to grow up and stop talking non-sense. This website is supposed to be where band/music lovers can enjoy this organized noise we've cultivated. These forums are strictly subjective; there is no need to be wearing emotions on your sleeve. Be proud of your school/band!!  And for my Ocean people, you dont have to defend every comment that a person puts up. Some of these cats probably haven't clocked a SWAC hour. Some words from the late Prof. Ed Jackson "No excuses baby"! Take this "L" with pride cause you represented for TXSU; SU just had a better day.

Like dude above you. "Boring ass JSU" was thee comment....lol..young people.....I'm through. Got my laugh for tonight.
Well spoken.. Both bands were nice.. And no one is saying that TxSU was bad.. But SU was just better from start to finish..IMO.. But I will say this.. I am really starting to like SU's tubas.. SWITCH TO CONNS!!!!!(I know that will never happen though)



Claras Brown II said:
Maybe its just me, but im hearing  a lot of bickering on this web site. People have to grow up and stop talking non-sense. This website is supposed to be where band/music lovers can enjoy this organized noise we've cultivated. These forums are strictly subjective; there is no need to be wearing emotions on your sleeve. Be proud of your school/band!!  And for my Ocean people, you dont have to defend every comment that a person puts up. Some of these cats probably haven't clocked a SWAC hour. Some words from the late Prof. Ed Jackson "No excuses baby"! Take this "L" with pride cause you represented for TXSU; SU just had a better day.

i c people on here jus want u 2 say that their band is better no matter wut the circumstance is...yea it is wut it is and su was the better band to me but i dont think it should hav been nearly as close as it was lookin at txsu's size....despite wut boths bands are saying both enjoyed each other and the fans enjoyed them  and thats really all that matters...hope it can go dwn the same way nxt yr...

idk.. you know how prof is about getting his food after a game! lol

sT4Lyfe04 said:

i c people on here jus want u 2 say that their band is better no matter wut the circumstance is...yea it is wut it is and su was the better band to me but i dont think it should hav been nearly as close as it was lookin at txsu's size....despite wut boths bands are saying both enjoyed each other and the fans enjoyed them  and thats really all that matters...hope it can go dwn the same way nxt yr...

Thank You SU could have came more than what they were.But They didnt.Like I said TSU held it down and sounded good.Im just being real.Not because im a Jag Fan but I just know another good band when I see one.I saw it Saturday in TSU but they were trying to hard.If they would have brought that intensity like they did against PV they might have gave SU the L but they didnt.Good Battle and will always be.But SU made it their night in Texas.

sT4Lyfe04 said:

i c people on here jus want u 2 say that their band is better no matter wut the circumstance is...yea it is wut it is and su was the better band to me but i dont think it should hav been nearly as close as it was lookin at txsu's size....despite wut boths bands are saying both enjoyed each other and the fans enjoyed them  and thats really all that matters...hope it can go dwn the same way nxt yr...

Wow, Smh at MOST of the comments.... Great Job TxSU, Great Job SU.... BOTH bands being THEMSELVES and did what they do BEST...... GREAT JOB!!!!!!! It wouldnt be a battle if SU murdered TxSU, So when yall say it was a Great battle, that should just kill all of the hating, trashing etc...Give Props to BOTH bands and kill it. See yall Next Year

SMH at all these "volume" coments....

 

Anyway, it was a great event from 0-5th. SU came to play and TxSU was not backing down. SU is on some other stuff this year. The book is, somehow, even better than in previous years. They have a rich sound and they've been cleaner over the past few years than in the past. TxSU has always had the intensity and a good selection of jams.

 

Songwise, the battle was tight up until the 5th. I don't know what happened with that, but during the game was excellent. SU's book during the 5th was leathal.

 

Overall, SU gets the win for two things:

1.) Sound quality. The band was together and sounded like an ensemble. Blend was great. TxSU had questionable tone quality at times, and the sections don't mesh sounds together as well as SU. VOLUME IS IN NO WAY A FACTOR IN THIS OPINION.

2.)Arrangements. SU's main selling point. While TxSU has good song selection, SU's arangements have runs, crescendos, great voiceleading and partwritting, and overall just has better quality.

 

PS. SU's volume was HELLA nice though...

 

 

This was my 3rd HBCU Game this season...I went to the SU vs JSU, TxSU vs JSU and TxSU vs SU game...Next on my list is NCA&T vs SCSU or FAMU vs BCU...Anywho moving on...This game was worth the flight. I really enjoyed myself in Houston like I always do and have done in the pass. I must say that this was the SWAC Battle of the Year. I'm a huge FAN of SU and TxSU. But as a band director working on a PhD and observing TxSU and SU over the years, i'm speechless and they both are making strides as programs. I can tell that Knighten isn't at SU anymore, however that Haymer guy is getting better and better, his ballads are coming up year by year! And Gibson at TxSU has grown a lot because TxSU has a cleaner and mature sound. 

Pre-Game...TIE

During the Game...TIE

Halftime Show...TxSU (She Works hard for the money...was priceless)

2nd half of the game...TIE...slight edge to SU (Let Your Mind Be Free-was NICE)

5th Quarter...It was OK...SU was getting tired at the end you can tell in the sound (if you were at the game IN PERSON)

 

OVERALL Good/GREAT Battle...I'm very surprised at TxSU for coming as hard as they did with 18 trumpets, 16 mellos, 9 baritones, 16 trombones and 15 tubas...Size doesn't mean anything...Big Up's to TxSU Baritones...very surprised and much respect to you all...for 9 guys you all HELD IT DOWN...Excellent JOB!!!

 

My SWAC Ranking in my opinion (idgaf what anyone has to say because everyone has their own opinion)

SU #1 TxSU #2 UAPB #3 JSU #4  ASU/AAMU Tie...#5 PV #6 GSU #7 Alcorn #8 MvSU #9....

 

I really enjoyed the game and TxSU vs SU is officially my favorite SWAC Game...I think and from my experiences the TxSU vs SU Game is better than the SU vs JSU...sound quality battle over being loud battle...

this was the best game of the yr out of a very lackluster season....so thats definitely something both schools can be proud of....this game has great potential for being a classic.more enjoyable than the boombox 2 me...as for an unofficial classic, hopefully we can come up with a better name than "murk city" classic lol

yes I agree 100%...... LMAO @ "Murk city" Classic...  Im sure they can come up with something since TxSU and SU are the 2 HBCU's that are at the bottom of the map in the Gulf Coast. That was funny though.. And with TxSU's Fan base and Alumni Growing and supporting them, this game will only get BETTER!

sT4Lyfe04 said:

this was the best game of the yr out of a very lackluster season....so thats definitely something both schools can be proud of....this game has great potential for being a classic.more enjoyable than the boombox 2 me...as for an unofficial classic, hopefully we can come up with a better name than "murk city" classic lol

Just being real. I like this.. nobody from the Ocean said we got the W, just that it wasn't as crazy as ya'll saying.. it was def. a game to BE AT vs a Game to Youtube later..

su_boy said:
Thank You SU could have came more than what they were.But They didnt.Like I said TSU held it down and sounded good.Im just being real.Not because im a Jag Fan but I just know another good band when I see one.I saw it Saturday in TSU but they were trying to hard.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Marchingsport.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service