The Most Epic Band Battle in the History of Delmar Stadium goes to
TxSU - Ocean of Soul - vs - SU - The Human JukeBox - 2011...
This was worth the wait, I had too much fun at this game... I will be working on the footage and i will have some high lights up in a few hrs...

also  shout out to all the Top Elite Camera Man/Woman who work this event!

Views: 5782

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Both bands had their highlights.. whether you liked it or not... .. the game is over now... looking forward to the next SWAC match ups...

good job Ocean!

good job Jukebox!

Both bands displayed strong performances. However, Southern won the field show. TSU's field show had a high school appeal. The Ocean should have used the Labor Day Classic show. Southern is a powerhouse in the stands. No one in swac can match their sound, but TSU gave them a run for their money. I was glad to see TSU fight and not take an ass whooping like PV did with JSU. Motion and Dolls were tied. The Dolls don't have the wow factor they used to have in the 90's.

Southern is so dam good and better than the rest, that they only opponent I keep hearing on this post is the Southern Bands from the past (90's)      U know u good when the only negative is they sounded better in the 90s'. The question is, did the opposing band ever sound better.................think about it.

I was in attendance at the game, with my SU jacket on

from the Pregame to the 5th............Southern was on some other stuff this game.............straight killin'  (Balance, Clarity, Arrangements, Style, Swagger, and that Power, yes that Power)   I thinks it's the S on the chest, but I digrest.

Don't get me wrong, I like Texas Southern, they sound like a "mature" New Orleans High School Band, but don't ever compare them to Southern like I heard someone from J-stank said.

Over-All...................best battle of the year so far,

Southern from 0 to 5th won Hands Down.

Texas Soutrhern was ok (sounded better vs J-stank in my opinion), but keep pushing and like Kelly Roland said, "motivation" so yall can last longer. lol

Songs of the night: Anniversary, Never Satisfied, Something in My Heart, and my fav, We Don't Speed  (all by SU)

Honorable Mention: I Hate You, Rolling in the deep, & I Think it's Love,

and Texas Southern, I was waiting for Sweet Freedom, yall best song and didn't even play it, but I know, Southern make u loose ur mind and do things u really don't wanna do. It happens to best of em'  (e.g. J-stank, FAMU, and a host of others)

we outta hear, and down!!

So true, no competition....

TurtlesNpearls said:
Man TxSU had heart and were pushing for their size but that just wasnt enough they got slaughtered,....sloppy cut offs and all.....straight murdered.....they were just more powerful and full......

mello128 said:

Southern is so dam good and better than the rest, that they only opponent I keep hearing on this post is the Southern Bands from the past (90's)      U know u good when the only negative is they sounded better in the 90s'. The question is, did the opposing band ever sound better.................think about it.

I was in attendance at the game, with my SU jacket on

from the Pregame to the 5th............Southern was on some other stuff this game.............straight killin'  (Balance, Clarity, Arrangements, Style, Swagger, and that Power, yes that Power)   I thinks it's the S on the chest, but I digrest.

Don't get me wrong, I like Texas Southern, they sound like a "mature" New Orleans High School Band, but don't ever compare them to Southern like I heard someone from J-stank said.

Over-All...................best battle of the year so far,

Southern from 0 to 5th won Hands Down.

Texas Soutrhern was ok (sounded better vs J-stank in my opinion), but keep pushing and like Kelly Roland said, "motivation" so yall can last longer. lol

Songs of the night: Anniversary, Never Satisfied, Something in My Heart, and my fav, We Don't Speed  (all by SU)

Honorable Mention: I Hate You, Rolling in the deep, & I Think it's Love,

and Texas Southern, I was waiting for Sweet Freedom, yall best song and didn't even play it, but I know, Southern make u loose ur mind and do things u really don't wanna do. It happens to best of em'  (e.g. J-stank, FAMU, and a host of others)

we outta hear, and down!!

"Mature New Orleans High School"...why? One part heard only where harmony is written(no...), tone quality(don't go there with college bands vs high schools..pleeeeeaaassseeee)....boy some people say...lmao
This is my point with "marching band critics"...high schools didn't "invent" what's being done..number one. Number two NO band in the swac sounds remotely "like" a high school band for big and small reasons. It's fine and dandy to make a point about what you like and don't like..it's just ludicrous to disparage a program with outright false statements like that of "high schoolish". Example..if they did the LDC show it would be "ya'll did that before". Or if SU played a ballad and featured the woodwinds on a soli section it would be "they're trying to be FAMU"...just say you're smacking and be honest...

On the video 14:30 SU killed it and that was the end of the battle

I march for the OCEAN nd our point waz proven to say the leazt nd that iz we may be small but we pack a big punch to any band bigger than uz and to prove to boiz that we aint no hoez...but great job to the juke nd to my band the ocean...cant wait for nxt season against yall boiz...nd to my homeboiz from Tx. that march for southern ill see yall at humb lol

I just dont understand whats the whole topic about size TXSU has always been known as the lil band with a big sound......So I dont see why ppl are using it as a crutch for the shouldve ,couldve,wouldves.  I've never seen older Ocean members say it "well if we was this size" or older ocean fans say it.

that footage was posted in low quality tho ..lol
TurtlesNpearls said:

5th quarter footage is up on facebook...HBCU marching band group

RIGHT ... and yeah TSU's sound WAS big.. just not as big as SU's .. the Repertoire was THERE tho.. 

Deschaun said:

I just dont understand whats the whole topic about size TXSU has always been known as the lil band with a big sound......So I dont see why ppl are using it as a crutch for the shouldve ,couldve,wouldves.  I've never seen older Ocean members say it "well if we was this size" or older ocean fans say it.

NOTE ..(lol) .. please write Comments ABOVE the reply (like email) because otherwise it looks Weird .. theres a big empy space for you to post above the qouted reply ..lol

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Marchingsport.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service