The Most Epic Band Battle in the History of Delmar Stadium goes to
TxSU - Ocean of Soul - vs - SU - The Human JukeBox - 2011...
This was worth the wait, I had too much fun at this game... I will be working on the footage and i will have some high lights up in a few hrs...

also  shout out to all the Top Elite Camera Man/Woman who work this event!

Views: 5782

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

*shrug....I feel you, Claras.....but you know me...when I got wind of the studio and sat around Prof Jackson for awhile...w and L isn't in me anymore. LOL they both sound fine to me for the most part. SU is more precise if I HAVE to say anything about someone other than the Ocean....oh wait..I was honest about PV's "Careless Whispers"...*shrug
I wasn't at the game and I'm an admitted FAN of the Ocean...based off the clips I'll give the W to SU but most importantly the music fans got the W...what an epic battle from pregame to the 5th... Mad props to TxSU. In my opinion you all have solidified your status as one of the TOP bands in the SWAC with back to back to back consistent years and the hard Work. AND for jukebox fans, yeah..i think ya'll got the W but lets not fabricate it like TxSU got ran over. Keep it real on both sides. ib liked TxSU pre game and SU in the 5th..
They might not have gotten "Ran Over" but they dam sure got hit by a bus! ...  lol
 P.S that Turn the beat up , and I hate u B**** that SU played was on point .. I give them the W for 0 quarter for that alone!
lil_j said:
I wasn't at the game and I'm an admitted FAN of the Ocean...based off the clips I'll give the W to SU but most importantly the music fans got the W...what an epic battle from pregame to the 5th... Mad props to TxSU. In my opinion you all have solidified your status as one of the TOP bands in the SWAC with back to back to back consistent years and the hard Work. AND for jukebox fans, yeah..i think ya'll got the W but lets not fabricate it like TxSU got ran over. Keep it real on both sides. ib liked TxSU pre game and SU in the 5th..
Somebody please give TxSU a cookie for being smaller but LOUD.... smh that argument is tragic at best.
Well heres to TXSU, the number 1 rated band for being "small but LOUD"...  the best band in that category

Delly said:
Somebody please give TxSU a cookie for being smaller but LOUD.... smh that argument is tragic at best.

NO WAIT!!! CONCORDIA may get UPSET! LOL

GTFOH TxSU

Screwston said:

Well heres to TXSU, the number 1 rated band for being "small but LOUD"...  the best band in that category

Delly said:
I like that response, doc... That's a real alum, full of support for his band!! He's right, ya'll just keeping doing you.  Don't be JState or SU, too many other bands doing that now.  I'm a Boom alum, and I'm going to support the Boom every year period.  That's what an alum does.

Charles said:
I'm Ocean alum and band-wise that's all I'm going to comment(mainly becau se musically-speaking...new schoolers reply with feelings and well...if I was to meet you in person..lol)....anyway, Ocean...great sound, great job. Work on releases BY SECTION! Cut the air off. You are clean and you have MORE than enough power. Release together better. Woodwinds...way to show up and show out! You guys as a band are more precise and you improve that every year. Take it up a notch. Power-wise...you have what you need and then some...soundwise *claps hands
Collegiate sound...keep it up, keep going! Be you, don't be any other SWAC band.
No excuses need to be made. txsu held it down but out wasn't enough according to the clips I saw. but JSU folks need to stop piggy backing....you got dealt with by TxSU and size had nothing to do with it. If you want to grown that thread feel free to, but this is the Ocean vs Jukebox thread. It was a good show case.
Ya'll didn't match crap!!  If the Boom wrote every arrangement for volume you would know the difference.  It's a very sad day when every element of any argument begins with "how loud was the band?"  Yall don't impress me bc when I listen to TSU, all I hear is SU, why's that????!!

DA REALIST T-CONN #4 2010 said:
song selection and arrangements have nothing to do with the band....and Delly it was sad at how we matched JSU in sound with our numbers.....dats not an excuse lol....

number1 said:
Please don't use the size excuse TXSU. Song selection, arrangements, and execution has nothing to do with your size. Ya'll have enough people in your band to get the job done.

TxSU dealt with jsu ?? How?

Oh its that "Were not supposed to be as loud as you argument" Well NEWSFLASH With the instrumentation you guys have, which is ignant by the way, yall should be LOUD" BUT again have some cookies for your loud accomplishment!

Tell him again!!! Exactly right.. It's even the key that these guys arrange in.  give the Boom one of their awkward arranged songs and see who has noise.  But we don't care about that.  We want to sound RIGHT, not just loud

Delly said:

TxSU dealt with jsu ?? How?

Oh its that "Were not supposed to be as loud as you argument" Well NEWSFLASH With the instrumentation you guys have, which is ignant by the way, yall should be LOUD" BUT again have some cookies for your loud accomplishment!

If you hear SU when the Ocean plays..then ur shat talking has gone to a new level...not ur ears..just ur mouth..seriously. I mean cmon, dude...have you heard SU? Neither band nor any in the SWAC sounds like SU...remotely. boy....when shat talking takes another turn...lol...wow....anyway I DO have a question for Jukes..serious one, mainly if you marched BEFORE 08(713 if u still online): do you agree that you guys sound "different" per se? I don't except things like mellos and btones more in tune. I'm saying that because I saw it on the 5th...and A LOT of THEM haven't seen the Jukebox in person except once or twice.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Marchingsport.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service