The Most Epic Band Battle in the History of Delmar Stadium goes to
TxSU - Ocean of Soul - vs - SU - The Human JukeBox - 2011...
This was worth the wait, I had too much fun at this game... I will be working on the footage and i will have some high lights up in a few hrs...

also  shout out to all the Top Elite Camera Man/Woman who work this event!

Views: 5782

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

See SU and JSU have volume because they have corresponding numbers, TxSU just blowing they SPLEINS out! LOL

craig p said:
Tell him again!!! Exactly right.. It's even the key that these guys arrange in.  give the Boom one of their awkward arranged songs and see who has noise.  But we don't care about that.  We want to sound RIGHT, not just loud

Delly said:

TxSU dealt with jsu ?? How?

Oh its that "Were not supposed to be as loud as you argument" Well NEWSFLASH With the instrumentation you guys have, which is ignant by the way, yall should be LOUD" BUT again have some cookies for your loud accomplishment!

Note: I'm not talking about quality...because, well that shouldn't be in question...only NSU and PB are as "consistent" as the Jukebox, though the Ocean is getting there.

Ditto!! Even though I dont think SU came up short...Hell, IMO, last night was just a GREAT battle and TERRIFIC showcase of talent from both bands...for the people that get on here to say TxSU got murdered, they are simple minded and foolish to me, but hey, we havent come to expect too much otherwise...I have madd respect for SU and I must say sitting across the field from them last night, I gained even more respect for them but that is not to say they ran any sort of "clinic" on the Ocean because we CLEARLY held it down as we always do...

5th Quarter went to SU (just being honest)

0-4 Have to say I believe was even, both bands brought HEAT and were on FIRE from warm ups til the Alma Mater...

Halftime Both great performances yet again...

So at the end of the day, mission was accomplished, the best battle of the 2011 Season went down...

LMboi220 said:

this game was the best i've seen in a while, besides the 2010 boombox classic. ocean just had that fire like always that no one can put out.i loved the juke way before i started liking the ocean but i have to be real.as far as the 5th goes SU won, and as far as btones SU won(them boys was blowing).but there is more to a game than the 5th quarter and hearing btones.so that's not a W.Ocean brought way more to the table especially for their size.from their howling mellos, to their tubas, and basses(i haven't heard/felt basses like that in a long time...straight shivers).both bands were good but when i sum everything up from quarter 0-5, halftime, and powerful arrangements SU comes up short by a little. i respect both of these bands and neither band got blown out or murdered.this was a classic battle.
Texas southern sounds like a baby juke... I bet someone from SU is a band director at Texas S. I bet!! Or has been.  The influence is certainly there.  

Charles said:
If you hear SU when the Ocean plays..then ur shat talking has gone to a new level...not ur ears..just ur mouth..seriously. I mean cmon, dude...have you heard SU? Neither band nor any in the SWAC sounds like SU...remotely. boy....when shat talking takes another turn...lol...wow....anyway I DO have a question for Jukes..serious one, mainly if you marched BEFORE 08(713 if u still online): do you agree that you guys sound "different" per se? I don't except things like mellos and btones more in tune. I'm saying that because I saw it on the 5th...and A LOT of THEM haven't seen the Jukebox in person except once or twice.
There has never been a Jukebox alum or director as an assistant at Texas Southern University, except ONE in the 70's..Howard Harris a jazz professor. The old Ocean only played TWO of his arrangements until he moved to the jazz program. You sir, are delusional. Since I must...Ben Butler, original director and founder came from TnSU. He got his grad years at Michigan and has conducted volunteer symphonies and wind ensembles throughout the gulf south this side of the mississippi river. Prof Lee, head director was in the original Ocean of Soul under Butler. He got his Masters at Colorado State and toured as a professional trpt player for awhile until he was head director at Howard throughout the 80's. Gibson is an Alcorn alum. Mr. D...Daryl Singleton is a Howard alum..from Lee's tenure. Ibson's arranging style is his OWN..I know the dude...marched with him too. Lee's style of direction comes from the old Ocean and his own ideas. Style of marching has returned to the old Ocean...it isn't "like SU", no bounce, no "strut"...soundwise, they have more brass than woodwind...they've always played with power since 1969 when Butler got the head job. If I gotta go further....they've only gotten more precise over the last 4 years, have gotten some new horns here and there and new unis. No SU influence. Stop the nonsense.
Just because a band plays with power doesn't mean they're getting it from SU..if that's the case then every single bad argument about the Boom's power playing is true..and you guys are xeroxing like crazy. The Ocean isn't writing "like" the Jukebox either. Where do you the same chord stacking, inverting as SU..beyond what's just marching band. Same thing people said when PV has begun to use more power..oh, they powerful they're being like SU...negative.
JSU please get out.....SU and TxSU dealt with you all this year...
wow... this is coming from a guy who marches in the WORST trumpet section in the SWAC.... lol.    

DA REALIST T-CONN #4 2010 said:
i apologize trumpet god....please do not banish me from earth

Damien said:
wow... this is coming from a guy who marches in the WORST trumpet section in the SWAC.... lol.    

at least you can recognize greatness... now realize that your band is NOT good... then you'd be alright

i apologize trumpet god....please do not banish me from earth

Damien said:

I'm laughing at the JSU people running in here trying to piggy back.

Actually, we're just responding to the same nonsense we knew was gonna be posted.  In fact, these responses were predicted weeks ago.

But aren't we a third unbias party?  Clearly we don't march for either band

lil_j said:

I'm laughing at the JSU people running in here trying to piggy back.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Marchingsport.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service