Views: 2022

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ok, so Champagne did it in 1991.  Well that just changes everything. lol!  This is starting to go way too far down the rabbit hole....

crimsonseeker said:

I just could not bear to have it said that Ms. S. U. Doll should ever in life find it necessary to come back for grabs on Ms. T. U.  Piperette.  That's sacrilegious.  So if anyone has information on this caper, please phone the infoline.  lol.

crimsonseeker said:

For lack of a better thread to place this under, I wouldn't mind a Tuskegee Piperettes' vs. SU Dolls' battle video of both of their "I Don't Wanna Lose Your Love" routines.  Tuskegee from the 1995 season and SU from '96.  Tuskegee's version is on YouTube but filmed from the rear of the band.  

And, yes, that's cute shade because no one really mentions these two auxiliaries at the same time :-p

Ooookay, so the Tuskegee Piperettes, after all, have the crown rights over "I Don't Wanna Lose Your Love?"  Ooookay, now.  Let's see here.  A crown can be taken and reclaimed once again.  But has it been taken?  lol.

Okay, so corrected, I did see an SU version from '93, so did the Dolls feel intimidated in '96?  Did the J-Settes do one before then?  Maybe Mahogany n Motion did one.  We need to figure this one out.  I'm confused.  :-p

LMAO....It would be interesting, if the videos were as thorough then as they are now, to see the routines they did to the same song.

And yeah, Mahogany did one in 91' but you can only see pixels on the field.

crimsonseeker said:

Ok, so Champagne did it in 1991.  Well that just changes everything. lol!  This is starting to go way too far down the rabbit hole....

Somebody should do a video montage of all the routines to Don't Want To Lose Your Love, it seem almost EVERY danceline has done a routine to it past and present. The Stingettes did a new routine to it last yr that was pretty good too, though they have danced to it in the past plenty of time.

Devon said:

LMAO....It would be interesting, if the videos were as thorough then as they are now, to see the routines they did to the same song.

And yeah, Mahogany did one in 91' but you can only see pixels on the field.

crimsonseeker said:

Well, The Emotions made the song originally, so there could very well be routines to the song on video tape from the 1970s just to be honest.  lol.

B Angie B debuted her remake in 1991 so band routines from that year should be the "originals" for the B Angie B 1990s era.

For the early 90s, Champagne did pretty well in their routine and even Mahogany considering those nancy boots (and that I couldn't really see the video clearly.) 

The Dolls' 1993 version was ok, but the Piperette's 1995 version, from what I could see, was a step up.

What I think happened, though, was NBC.  lol.  NBC broadcasting halftime live from the '96 Bayou Classic was the oil in the Dolls' machine that year, most definitely, lol.  It made "I Don't Wanna Lose Your Love" synonymous with S.U.- like "Swoop" is for Jackson State.  Only years later, with social media, do we get to review related routines before and after then and gain a broader perspective.

I agree; it really is interesting to see how different performances to the same song have evolved over the years.

PS  I truly feel like Southern University owes Tina Turner an apology and also her roses while she can smell them (smile).  The Dolls came for her, without being twirled for, for two years straight- "Let It Whip" 1994 and the 1995 Bayou Classic version of "Give It To Me Baby."  Unless Rick James laid his hands on the ladyfolk too, that was a read and shady shade, on Ms. Turner, two years in a row.  lol.  You have been called out :-p

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Marchingsport.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service