Replies

• Chris no lie, yesterday I was looking at the 2001 clip! It's awesome to see they still perform all of those counts. Though the last time the count at  6:12-6:14 was performed in the stands was in 2013 . Reference:

DP throws it at 0:18-0:23, Alexis use to throw it a lot during popcorn individuals too. But it is never really used hardly by the capt lol

• Another thing I've noticed as far as stands performances of the other dances lines(including the Stingettes) during the time period is that the same moves NOW are more fluid and less rigid. But I guess that was a natural evolution over time of all the squads. Love this

• DP must love that count. She threw it during popcorn at MCC on Somewhere in America. 

justDANCE said:

Chris no lie, yesterday I was looking at the 2001 clip! It's awesome to see they still perform all of those counts. Though the last time the count at  6:12-6:14 was performed in the stands was in 2013 . Reference:

DP throws it at 0:18-0:23, Alexis use to throw it a lot during popcorn individuals too. But it is never really used hardly by the capt lol

Old School Battles of the Stingettes and Dolls
    2001 2004
  • Yes lol DP and Alexis were the only ones within recent years to utilize it. On another note, I sometimes get mad because when I watch popcorn vids like this, some of them be throwing some fly ass new counts. Can you imagine if some of those counts were added to the book? lol I loved that first one Lachanee threw thought it was something fresh.

P.H. said:

DP must love that count. She threw it during popcorn at MCC on Somewhere in America. 

justDANCE said:

Chris no lie, yesterday I was looking at the 2001 clip! It's awesome to see they still perform all of those counts. Though the last time the count at  6:12-6:14 was performed in the stands was in 2013 . Reference:

2001 2004
  • Yes! Leyah @ 1:27. I know some of the counts are used during individuals because they'd have issues with precision. Asia really tested the waters with that this season.

It's impressive to see how each squad has evolved after viewing these videos. Asia and KP have propelled and elevated their squads these past two years. The Dolls are able to hold their own in the stands, in their own unique way. They were very bland back then. 

justDANCE said:

Yes lol DP and Alexis were the only ones within recent years to utilize it. On another note, I sometimes get mad because when I watch popcorn vids like this, some of them be throwing some fly ass new counts. Can you imagine if some of those counts were added to the book? lol I loved that first one Lachanee threw thought it was something fresh.

P.H. said:

DP must love that count. She threw it during popcorn at MCC on Somewhere in America. 

justDANCE said:

(PVA&M '14)

• Yes that count that Leyah threw at 1:27, Keke threw it a lot during her time as capt, but it never was thrown during Asia reign(both years). Another count that I loved was this one from Keke reign(ever since she flexed and debuted it during her time as crab under Romisa:

)0:26-0:30 I love the kinda hip hop flare to it.

P.H. said:

Yes! Leyah @ 1:27. I know some of the counts are used during individuals because they'd have issues with precision. Asia really tested the waters with that this season.

It's impressive to see how each squad has evolved after viewing these videos. Asia and KP have propelled and elevated their squads these past two years. The Dolls are able to hold their own in the stands, in their own unique way. They were very bland back then. 

justDANCE said:

Yes lol DP and Alexis were the only ones within recent years to utilize it. On another note, I sometimes get mad because when I watch popcorn vids like this, some of them be throwing some fly ass new counts. Can you imagine if some of those counts were added to the book? lol I loved that first one Lachanee threw thought it was something fresh.

P.H. said:

justDANCE said:

(PVA&M '14)

• For some reason all dance lines began dancing in a staccato, snap/drive, precision style within the stands and on the field during the late 90s and early 2000s.  Since then the squads have become much more sensual and seductive within movements.  Believe it or not the most rigid squads back then have become the most lax in movements in the current times. 

In the 80s and early to mid 90s the Stingettes were very fluid in movements and it seemed to change.  The Dolls were more fluid in the stands as well.  Around 2005 to is when most squads started becoming more seductive, sensual, and fluid in movements in my opinion.

Good observation.  I've noticed that as well.  

justDANCE said:

Another thing I've noticed as far as stands performances of the other dances lines(including the Stingettes) during the time period is that the same moves NOW are more fluid and less rigid. But I guess that was a natural evolution over time of all the squads. Love this

2001 2004
  • It's amazing the number of counts every squad has in their books, and it's sad to see the captain only throws the same 20 to 30 in rotation while sprinkling a few others here and there.  That's why I like to see captains and co-captains take turns leading in the stands because we get to see a variety of counts, some of which that are hardly ever used.  For instance, when Danny leads the Dolls, we see many counts of yesteryear that would have been otherwise forgotten.  And when Curtisha leads the Divas we see so many counts being thrown that are seen as "new" to people that haven't been watching, but they are very old to those of us that have been watching for a while.  And Golden Delight Alternates and we see a variety.

justDANCE said:

Yes that count that Leyah threw at 1:27, Keke threw it a lot during her time as capt, but it never was thrown during Asia reign(both years). Another count that I loved was this one from Keke reign(ever since she flexed and debuted it during her time as crab under Romisa:

)0:26-0:30 I love the kinda hip hop flare to it.

P.H. said:

Yes! Leyah @ 1:27. I know some of the counts are used during individuals because they'd have issues with precision. Asia really tested the waters with that this season.

justDANCE said:

P.H. said:

justDANCE said:

(PVA&M '14)

2001 2004
  • Yes they were bland at times.  But I loved how classy they were in the stands. I remember people always saying the Dolls weren't a stand squad and they were only a field squad.  Times sure have turned.

P.H. said:

justDANCE said:

P.H. said:

justDANCE said:

(PVA&M '14)

2001 2004
  • I have been waiting to see the Stingettes of Asia's reign throw the counts you all discussed. Especially the one Leyah threw!

Christopher said:

Yes they were bland at times.  But I loved how classy they were in the stands. I remember people always saying the Dolls weren't a stand squad and they were only a field squad.  Times sure have turned.

P.H. said:

justDANCE said:

P.H. said:

justDANCE said:

(PVA&M '14)

2001 2004
This reply was deleted.