The 2015 - 2016 season and drawing to a close and we all know what that means; the discussions and debates on who should be your favorite team's captain and/or captains and what would you like to see different about said squad for the 2016 - 2017 season. So who should lead your squad and what would you like to see from them next year?

Views: 2532

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ready to see what Golden Delight will come out with next year. Under Desi & Bri. Cierra or Quineshia would be great as captains too. As for the Prancing J-settes, anybody will do. Because they will slay the girls regardless lol!

Top 5 (in no order and swac only) is hard, but I'll rank based on consistency in the stands and on the field:

1.  Divas (they've been on it for some time now, but they're so underestimated).  As far as next year's captain I wouldn't be shocked if Kierra (twin came back and got it.  She's a 4th year vet, but it's happened before IE Shannon did 5 years and Jazmine did as well.  However it'll be whomever Crishanna sees fit "Montoya, Savanna, Kia, or Tamera".  We all know that much more than dancing ability goes into being captain.  But 2 of the previously mentioned ladies will take the captain spots for next season.

2.  Stingettes (in the stands they kill it, and their field shows have been pretty consistent)  Captain of next year will probably be Tey.  I like her.

3.  Alcorn Golden Girls (they've been improving greatly and cleaning up their form and image over the years).  It'll be a tight race for captain next year, but I wouldn't be shocked at all if we see Catherine up front next season.

4.  Black Foxes (have really been on it and shocking the crowds with the style tweaking and keeping some traiditions).  Captain Prediction:  Not sure of who the girls are, so I wouldn't be able to give a fair pick.

5.  J-settes have been on it with a crab heavy squad (I wish Dominique didn't have to endure all of the drama, but she handled it all gracefully and killed it in the process.  Just goes to show just how great of a leader she is and how professional she is).  Captain prediction:  Can't even predict due to how the last few years have gone.

Honorable mention:

Dolls:  one of my absolute favorite squads.  Jordan is amazing.  However something just seemed off with them this year.  I hope they'll be able to rebound and come back stronger than ever.  

Captain predictions:  If they want another 2 year captain: Maya will get it if she wants to dance next season.

If Connor does another rip, we may see her in front.

But with all that being said, I think we may see Danielle up front next year.

All in all I just want to see the more glamorous side of the dolls, that we've all come to love.

We haven't had a Sophomore Dolls Captain since Brittany Beal's reign and the Hall Twin's! 

I AGREE. Stamper improved, but she still mess up on counts from time to time. Connor Need to come back for her last and final rip!

honrae rokermore said:

CONNOR was the BETTER CHOICE !!!!!!

We may see Connor again... We all know Psychology is one of those degrees where you need a masters or hell a PhD  to get a good job. 

Predictions:

1. Danielle: Inverse 2012 - I can feel major stands Improvements AND field-shows. I'm not saying Seaera didn't change stands. Energy and all was there, but hunty chilleee had her "get ratchet" moments in stands like at BOTB 2012. I loved it at some moments. Fieldshow choices were a bit skimpy.... Like you know how someone can cook a good pot of gumbo, but the more you eat it, the more you notice something is/was missing. 

2. Connor (if she continues): A breathe of fresh air up front. Class, Grace, and Glam like April, but without all the prissiness. Add total SEX APPEAL! Connor wasn't upfront long enough to determine whether or not she'll be repetitive with a set of counts. Like just when she start showing her a$$ with counts, showing her knowledge of count choice in music, etc...... Kayla appeared...

3. Maya (Rare chance of happening, but lord knows try-outs outcomes can be very UN-       PREDICTABLE):  I feel Maya maybe another Brittany Beal if thrown upfront a lil too early... She holds that tail position down... Maya don't play nor cut slack on spectators. If you're in her or the Dolls way she'll tell you in a hot second MOVE AROUND and SMILE! I can see her stopping people crossing in front the Dolls in they tracks to dance and then sit down and let them continue bout they business. 

Connor fumbles on counts too. The advantage that Connor had over Stamper, in my opinion, is also an advantage Kayla had in her favor. The Doll attributes and characteristics aren't contrived. She has it, and they're translatable in and out of uniform. Stamper seems inhibited, especially when it comes to speaking occasions. Stamper also seems to go into character, which isn't a bad thing at all. Connor can handle the PR. Connor's style will plateau, though. The Dolls have to be careful with that because with their style they can easily get bland to watch. I'd much rather see Stamper go into character and lead stands. She means business. 

This season has been lackluster because of the suspensions, inclement weather, and financial straits. Right now, I don't get a sense that Connor has a vision or wants it as badly as Stamper. Connor has this coolly unbothered demeanor and it works in her favor sometimes. Stamper has that edge Seaera had in 2011, but it's far more controlled and unassuming. However, it's obvious she wants to be captain.  

We can't forget Stamper has received praise from her teammates for her behind-the-scenes contributions. I mean, the count creations and marching alone wins me over. 

Taylor King said:

I AGREE. Stamper improved, but she still mess up on counts from time to time. Connor Need to come back for her last and final rip!

honrae rokermore said:

CONNOR was the BETTER CHOICE !!!!!!

You know what, I want Melody to learn how to own it because she's built for that tail spot. If she knew that she had the juice, then she would kill it. Maya makes me think of La'Zhay-lite, but she's holding it down. I'm proud of her.

Cookie Dough Creole said:

3. Maya (Rare chance of happening, but lord knows try-outs outcomes can be very UN-       PREDICTABLE):  I feel Maya maybe another Brittany Beal if thrown upfront a lil too early... She holds that tail position down... Maya don't play nor cut slack on spectators. If you're in her or the Dolls way she'll tell you in a hot second MOVE AROUND and SMILE! I can see her stopping people crossing in front the Dolls in they tracks to dance and then sit down and let them continue bout they business. 

Ms. Jordan Ezell will have them stands set on fire and the field muddy if she was captain. Jordan has that 90's Doll form and energy. Jordan is clean and precise with her moves. Jordan brings fire on every song but she doesn't over do it. Jordan would have them strutting like like the 90's Dolls.

Can you Imagine what Connor did for only LEADING for 3 weeks compared to KP's 2 whole years LEADING ???   AM JUST SAYING !!! 

I agree with the Divas! 

Christopher said:

Top 5 (in no order and swac only) is hard, but I'll rank based on consistency in the stands and on the field:

1.  Divas (they've been on it for some time now, but they're so underestimated).  As far as next year's captain I wouldn't be shocked if Kierra (twin came back and got it.  She's a 4th year vet, but it's happened before IE Shannon did 5 years and Jazmine did as well.  However it'll be whomever Crishanna sees fit "Montoya, Savanna, Kia, or Tamera".  We all know that much more than dancing ability goes into being captain.  But 2 of the previously mentioned ladies will take the captain spots for next season.

2.  Stingettes (in the stands they kill it, and their field shows have been pretty consistent)  Captain of next year will probably be Tey.  I like her.

3.  Alcorn Golden Girls (they've been improving greatly and cleaning up their form and image over the years).  It'll be a tight race for captain next year, but I wouldn't be shocked at all if we see Catherine up front next season.

4.  Black Foxes (have really been on it and shocking the crowds with the style tweaking and keeping some traiditions).  Captain Prediction:  Not sure of who the girls are, so I wouldn't be able to give a fair pick.

5.  J-settes have been on it with a crab heavy squad (I wish Dominique didn't have to endure all of the drama, but she handled it all gracefully and killed it in the process.  Just goes to show just how great of a leader she is and how professional she is).  Captain prediction:  Can't even predict due to how the last few years have gone.

Honorable mention:

Dolls:  one of my absolute favorite squads.  Jordan is amazing.  However something just seemed off with them this year.  I hope they'll be able to rebound and come back stronger than ever.  

Captain predictions:  If they want another 2 year captain: Maya will get it if she wants to dance next season.

If Connor does another rip, we may see her in front.

But with all that being said, I think we may see Danielle up front next year.

All in all I just want to see the more glamorous side of the dolls, that we've all come to love.

Yeah !!!   I CONCUR that Melody would make and AWESOME FINE ASS TAIL if she would just OWN IT !!!

People are sitting here talking about a slim chance Mata will not be captain, hell some speculated she would not make this line, you never know with the dolls
Attachments:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Marchingsport.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service