I will repeat it again JSU SONIC BOOM haven't been the same since Murray left and took over Alcorn State band.. look at how far Alcorn band have come in the last 2 years and look at how far JSU have fallen.. it use to be a nice competition between SU and JSU but JSU is living off of a name and how it use to be.. yall need to return to the lab cause SU have put some distance between the two and Alcorn is now on a different level..

Views: 2371

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I don't see how Jstate has fallen nor how the Crankfest was one sided...If this post is going to talk about Crankfest, then let it be about that.....Alcorn has nothing to do with it...

About Crankfest...Both bands did what they were suppose to do....They both screwed up tho.  I liked the Jukes song selection better.  I thought the Boom had a good arrangement of Who do I turn to.

Lmao too funny.

DeJohn Tellis-Oliver said:

It was in a gym on JSU's campus, and majority SU fans attended that event... JSU fans were not interested in attending an event they were going to see the same bands the next day... And you see what happened at the game... JSU opened back a can lid on SU, and then SU's excuses rolled out like runny diarrhea... "They were bigger then us" 

Bighead said:

What about 2014? 

The event was in JSU backyard and you saw what happenend

JSU was not bad at all, they delivered... But for the magnitude of the event and its design, SU appealed more to the crowd... Just because JSU did not have a mob going up for them, does not mean that they were not good... The overall event was ratchet, and it supplied  that level of entertainment value.

I understand where you are coming from but I disagree that SU is only HBCU recognized. There are numerous fans of PWI that love SU and that's because our HBCUs use their brass different from bands like the Big 10 or Big 12. The PWI's sound is massive, but not as aggressive and in your face. That's why our bands are sought after because we do things that they can't. I mean look at Bandhead's Youtube page. He has over 40,000 subscribers and they are not all people from HBCUs.

Correct, hrocket... But there is clear difference in power and being loud with intensity... Now SU definitely can be powerful and intense, but here in recent years, they have just been loud and intense from a musical quality standpoint... Yes, no other band within the HBCU sector can handle their intensity... That is why SU remains within their comfort zone of the HBCU sector... For there are quite a few marching bands, not HBCU affiliated, that will blow the breaks off SU with stereophonic surround sound; not loud and aggressive.

hrocket said:

I agree with you. Both bands were great. JSU had the better book and only a few bands can groove like JSU can (I'll put Tenn State, TxSU, UAPB in there). Their arrangements were colorful and they did what they do. I also like their new horns. They got baritones and didn't opt for Euphoniums.

Random thought: Not all bands should get Euphoniums. JSU and TxSU's arrangements and attacks sound better with baritones. (Take notes TxSU). I'm not sure what Alcorn has, but they could benefit from Euphoniums.

Southern on the other hand is a powerful band. No HBCU can match Southern's power and it'll be hard to find someone who can top their arrangements and quality of sound. They make every song an event.

This was a great show. If I had to choose, I would say SU won, but both bands did what they do and it was good exposure. JSU did a lot better than 2014 and both bands did not showcase their full book, which will make the Boombox great.

There is no need to be aggressive, when your program is "solidified"... Most aggression derives from another band having something to prove, and JSU does not... Yes, there are inter-concerns as to directional decisions... The Boom is yet aggressive where need be, and there is a level of class that the Boom will remain in, for which other bands cannot hold a flame to. 

Last_outlaw said:

The battle went as expected to me... JSU is a great program but that aggression isn't there anymore.
man @hrockets don't even waste your time . Lmao , jus keep on moving .
Lol Dejohn will forever be Southern University biggest hater. If Jackson State so solid why they wasn't ask to perform at the boxing match of the century with Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao. Why Jackson State has been asked to perform at the biggest football event the Superbowl like Southern, Grambling, and Florida A&m. You seem to be pissed that the media adores the Humanjukebox and Dolls from the United States to European countries, Asian countries, and African countries. If JSU is so solid why did they change their style to be like Southern. The Humanjukebox and Dolls will keep getting accolades while JSU will remind on Lynch Street. The Dolls and The Humanjukebox ate the Boom and Settes for breakfast, lunch, and dinner that's why you are so bothered and you know the Humanjukebox & Dolls will always be more respected than JSU because the accolades don't lie.
Lmfao @ Dee ..

Both bands did good but Southern was better to me. - Go Southern!!!!

And you are campaigning to me, to say what?????...LOL... I have never advocated myself to be a hater of SU, that is where you are absolutely incorrect... Just because I do not say yes to SU's dress, like yourself and many other disillusioned followers, does not make me a hater. I applaud your loyalty to SU, but your thirst is clear and apparent. 

For the record, SU never performed for the Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao fight, they performed in an empty venue 3-4 days before the actual fight. As to the Superbowls appearances and performances, most of the invitations for bands to perform are done so through bids, and not an actual invitation.

Yes, it seems you are quite invested in my viewpoints and opinions, though a many of viewpoints and opinions are rendered by many others... This only displays the apparent capture I have to your mind, and that makes you a fan, and I thank you.

In conclusion, my comments and viewpoints will continue to post, as regularly scheduled, as I deem fit... Do note, that I post my comments to my expression, and no like and/or dislike to my comments are needed/required, nor desired by you nor anyone else for my expressions to continue... Now I extend an invitation to you, to get yourself some actual business of concern, and allow social media to be what it is, entertainment... Good-day!

Dee Roberts said:

Lol Dejohn will forever be Southern University biggest hater. If Jackson State so solid why they wasn't ask to perform at the boxing match of the century with Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao. Why Jackson State has been asked to perform at the biggest football event the Superbowl like Southern, Grambling, and Florida A&m. You seem to be pissed that the media adores the Humanjukebox and Dolls from the United States to European countries, Asian countries, and African countries. If JSU is so solid why did they change their style to be like Southern. The Humanjukebox and Dolls will keep getting accolades while JSU will remind on Lynch Street. The Dolls and The Humanjukebox ate the Boom and Settes for breakfast, lunch, and dinner that's why you are so bothered and you know the Humanjukebox & Dolls will always be more respected than JSU because the accolades don't lie.

And you are campaigning to me, to say what?????...LOL... I have never advocated myself to be a hater of SU, that is where you are absolutely incorrect... Just because I do not say yes to SU's dress, like yourself and many other disillusioned followers, does not make me a hater. I applaud your loyalty to SU, but your thirst is clear and apparent. 

For the record, SU never performed for the Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao fight, they performed in an empty venue 3-4 days before the actual fight. As to the Superbowls appearances and performances, most of the invitations for bands to perform are done so through bids, and not an actual invitation.

Yes, it seems you are quite invested in my viewpoints and opinions, though a many of viewpoints and opinions are rendered by many others... This only displays the apparent capture I have to your mind, and that makes you a fan, and I thank you.

In conclusion, my comments and viewpoints will continue to post, as regularly scheduled, as I deem fit... Do note, that I post my comments to my expression, and no like and/or dislike to my comments are needed/required, nor desired by you nor anyone else for my expressions to continue... Now I extend an invitation to you, to get yourself some actual business of concern, and allow social media to be what it is, entertainment... Good-day!

Dee Roberts said:

You know that JSU doesn't have the accolades like Southern that's why are bothered by Southern. JSU hasn't been asked to perform at the Super Bowl because nobody is checking for them. Yes Floyd Mayweather asked the Humanjukebox and Dolls to perform and that's why you are jealous because the only thing JSU can get is a lame country parade. I will keep going at you because you are clearly jealous that Humanjukebox and Dolls keep going viral and receiving accolades while others remind on Lynch street. Now where are JSU accolades oh I forgot they don't exist. DeJohn Tellis-Oliver said:

Dee Roberts said:

Man I think this was a great battle between two of the best bands. Both bands had some negative moments but over all good job both bands! I"m defintley proud of my Human Juke Box. To me again arrangements is one of the key factors here. SU's arrangers are better to me. Now the Boom arrangers can write some good rap tunes!

And the delusions continue...LMAO!!!!... Clearly, the only person that is bothered is you... I am setting here at my computer screen laughing at you, as I would be laughing in your direct face... Your level of thirst is amazing to me.

Dee Roberts said:

You know that JSU doesn't have the accolades like Southern that's why are bothered by Southern. JSU hasn't been asked to perform at the Super Bowl because nobody is checking for them. Yes Floyd Mayweather asked the Humanjukebox and Dolls to perform and that's why you are jealous because the only thing JSU can get is a lame country parade. I will keep going at you because you are clearly jealous that Humanjukebox and Dolls keep going viral and receiving accolades while others remind on Lynch street. Now where are JSU accolades oh I forgot they don't exist. DeJohn Tellis-Oliver said:

Dee Roberts said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Marchingsport.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service