Prairie View Drum Section Suspended for 2 weeks. Official Statement

Views: 1426

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I do not agree with handing out sentences until allegations are proven.

It would have felt different (and more acceptable) if they said that "the percussion section was suspended until they finalized their investigation".

But to say that "we will suspend the percussion due to allegations"is just not right to me.

They aren't serious....punishments from an ALLEGATION? Stupid...allegations could be lies. I could call in anonymously and tell any band director at any school that there's hazing going on, even if there isn't at all. If you can't show evidence why the hell are punishments being handed out? 

Guilty until proven innocent. Or in this case, 2 weeks. That's a good look PV.

actually we was going to north dakota sir.but just pray for us rather than speak on sum u dont know about

jason said:

even tho this is INDEED sad, it aint like the band travels alot anyway.. lol. They were never gonna go to Alabama A&M OR North Dakota State, and they were never go to J-state either, which are their next 3 games. lol

Either this is just a coincidence, or PV admin think they slick with the 2 week punishment. The suspension end RIGHT BEFORE the State Fair Classic in Dallas....hmmmm....I smell FISH

its just alot goin on people need to stop tryna bash us on hereand actually look at whats really goin on

PVSax99 said:

I do not agree with handing out sentences until allegations are proven.

It would have felt different (and more acceptable) if they said that "the percussion section was suspended until they finalized their investigation".

But to say that "we will suspend the percussion due to allegations"is just not right to me.

16? ...crab?

Be careful. That's hazing language.

Binaca "B-Phunk" Mason said:

16? ...crab?

Yep, that's the messed up part. The entire upperclassmen element of the drum section was removed Last Year.  No more BOX. Also there are no "Section" Names at PV anymore per the new Head Director.  So any kids that did the alleged hazing weren't hazed as freshmen. Pure Ignorance.

BigDawgBatonRouge said:

I kno this is off topic...but didn't they drumsection change their name from the box to something else...dueces I think?

.....I didn't make him a crab....nor do I march lol

Sky High Dx said:

Be careful. That's hazing language.

Binaca "B-Phunk" Mason said:

16? ...crab?

MAN JUST STOP! FIND OTHER WAYS...BUT THIS ISN'T THE 90'S WHERE YOU CAN ALMOST KILL A PERSON AND STILL BE SITTING NEXT TO THEM THE NEXT DAY IN PRACTICE WITHOUT DISTRATION! PLEASE TAKE HEED FOLKS...

I predict that HBCU bands will be ancient history in less than 10 years.  If I were an incoming student, I would be really weary about going to a school that advertises and tries to make examples out of ALLEGED hazers (who probably just told a crab to check up) and pranksters (who were just trying to have fun).  

Suck the fun out of the band, and what will you be left with?

true

the kid 16 said:

actually we was going to north dakota sir.but just pray for us rather than speak on sum u dont know about

jason said:

even tho this is INDEED sad, it aint like the band travels alot anyway.. lol. They were never gonna go to Alabama A&M OR North Dakota State, and they were never go to J-state either, which are their next 3 games. lol

Either this is just a coincidence, or PV admin think they slick with the 2 week punishment. The suspension end RIGHT BEFORE the State Fair Classic in Dallas....hmmmm....I smell FISH

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Marchingsport.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service