Prancing J-Settes Breaking News: No Summer 2017-2018 Tryout!

It was just announced on the J-Settes' Instagram that there will be no Summer 2017 Tryout. They will have Spring Tryouts in 2018 as usual. No Jaz! :-(

https://instagram.com/p/BVSPrxaBICE/

Many speculated that this might happen, considering the line is already 17 members strong (including the captain). I was still holding on to my hope that Jaz would tryout and reclaim her spot on MM.

Views: 3650

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Just imagine if Tierra was Co-Sponsor. Those field shows and uniforms would be snatched!

Just here to say I am living for that MAAB uniform and the squad period! They look amazing!

Right!!

HeartOfADancer said:

Just here to say I am living for that MAAB uniform and the squad period! They look amazing!

The MAAB squad's uniforms are cute...for them and them only. The Settes need a better quality uniform than that.
Quick question, how would y'all feel if Tierra did become co-sponsor?

I wouldn't mind seeing what they both could come up with together any new ideas always can help, she has done great things with MAAB. Plus I am sure all the Alumni share their ideas with Chloe, But on the opposite side of things I think Chloe is taking alot of unfair heat as well, her or team has not been as bad as most are pinpointing. Are there things I would like to see improved upon or re-invented, hell yes. However the squad has still been doing what they do. And don't get me wrong the expectation for teams like them and the Dolls who remain in the top consistently, but if Chloe was not doing something right the Alumni would have already stepped in and handled it. I am interested in seeing what this season holds cause I feel good about this season for some reason. 

GAPeach said:

I could appreciate this move, but I'm still not sure that's gonna fix what Sette fans have been screaming about the most:  the field shows.

I think the unis would be FIRE, and the aesthetic would improve (surprisingly, 2014's squad had a VERY polished look, second only to Morgan Jackson the year before). Counts would probably get a little more edgy, and would definitely be more exciting (no shade, but I haven't been crazy about any of the new counts over the last two seasons). One thing Tee also knew to do (better than any captain since maybe Jasma) was choose the PERFECT unis to highlight the movement within the choreography.

But I'm not holding my breath for Tee to come fix the field problems. They gave us a million routines in 2014 and the only original choreo (Homecoming, the first half of Insane, and LCA at Honda) was all over the place. Not saying that she isn't capable of contributing to a good routine, but I think each one of those routines displays exactly how over-ambitious she could get at times..... might not be the best idea.

I will say, I WOULD like to see someone else come in and help reverse this "softening" of the Settes. Hate to say it, but it really started with Dom (which really surprised me..... I feel like Morgan Jackson gave us the type of year we were all expecting to re-live thru Dom in 2015 (a very even mix of the buck and the sexy/sultry).... and we just didn't get that, minus 1 or 2 games). Come to think of it, Tierra and Shannan coming in (b/c we all know they're a package deal at this point) would probably be the best to take on that task. Only other that comes to mind would be Charlotte.

GAPeach said:

I'm on the fence about Tierra. Tierra gave us some great field shows but as far as leadership, I'm not sold on her. J-Settes need a support team like Golden Delight has. I would love for Tierra to come back and run a boot camp for the Settes, like a pre-camp type workshop for the team though. My choice for co-sponsor would be Charlotte (wishful thinking smh) or Morgan J. Honestly I need Tierra to come back and work with Morgan personally. Morgan has potential but she needs fine tuning and I'd rather her take after Tierra than try to take on what Dom did.. it doesn't work for her.

GAPeach said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2017   Created by Marchingsport.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service