Prancing J-Settes Virtual Auditions, May 20-22, 2020

Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic the Prancing J-Settes Auditions will take place via online. Sign up today via www.sonicboomofthesouth.com

Views: 17789

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My main point is that she just blends.  Back in the 90s and early 2000s, the j-settes were known for being curvy and thick.  And people use to think that's what j-settes should look like because they did.  I know times have changed, but even with her being on the squad, her "look" doesn't scream j-sette even without her being curvy.  She looks more like a banner girl, maybe. There's girls on the squad that aren't curvy but "look" like a j-sette. 

Zeke Hayes said:

The jsette look come in all shapes and sizes. I hate when people think a jsettes should have the look of being tall, thick and curvy. 

kimo said:

I swear I'm not trying to sound negative, but I know 2019 has been a rough season for the j-settes, and I honestly hope they get it together. I'm really rooting for them.  I feel like 2020 should be a fresh start with off the chain routines and more bomb stands.  But with that being said, I just can't see Kionna as captain.  I understand options are limited.  But her look doesn't say "j-sette" to me.  She's very tiny and not really curvy and to me, she just blends. I feel like the only reason she was really "seen" this season is because of all that stuff that happened, other then that, she's in the background. I'm sorry, but she doesn't stand out IMO.  90% of j-sette captains had the "look" that said stallion or at least captain.  Tierra, Nikela, Jasma, just to name a few.  Maybe they'll pull a 2016 when Morgan became captain after being suspended.  Maybe they'll bring one of the ladies that was suspended back to be captain.  I'm not saying that Kionna isn't a talented dancer, but honestly, even behind Kayla, she doesn't scream J-sette to me.  But if she gets it, I just hope she brings some fire a$$ field routines because I've been bored to death the last few years.

KiKi is just as capable as any captain in the past. There have been plenty tiny J Sette captains who have held their own. Afrachanna was tiny and look what she brought.

kimo said:

I swear I'm not trying to sound negative, but I know 2019 has been a rough season for the j-settes, and I honestly hope they get it together. I'm really rooting for them.  I feel like 2020 should be a fresh start with off the chain routines and more bomb stands.  But with that being said, I just can't see Kionna as captain.  I understand options are limited.  But her look doesn't say "j-sette" to me.  She's very tiny and not really curvy and to me, she just blends. I feel like the only reason she was really "seen" this season is because of all that stuff that happened, other then that, she's in the background. I'm sorry, but she doesn't stand out IMO.  90% of j-sette captains had the "look" that said stallion or at least captain.  Tierra, Nikela, Jasma, just to name a few.  Maybe they'll pull a 2016 when Morgan became captain after being suspended.  Maybe they'll bring one of the ladies that was suspended back to be captain.  I'm not saying that Kionna isn't a talented dancer, but honestly, even behind Kayla, she doesn't scream J-sette to me.  But if she gets it, I just hope she brings some fire a$$ field routines because I've been bored to death the last few years.

Also Blending is not a bad thing, people think in order to be captain you have to be a stand out or try to out dance everyone to be noticed. That isn't true. A Captain should work to blend their team so that it does look like one person dancing. Kionna has a nice clean form and I am sure if she is given the spot she will come with it. Thing is we gotta give her a chance. Everyone should remember that Shanketta was also not the fan pick when she became captain. Everyone wanted Coretta and when Ketta was picked these same comments were going and Ketta came through and stuck her foot in everyone's mouth. But I understand because every captain will not be everyone's cup of tea and that's fine also. The girls will be alright.

kimo said:

My main point is that she just blends.  Back in the 90s and early 2000s, the j-settes were known for being curvy and thick.  And people use to think that's what j-settes should look like because they did.  I know times have changed, but even with her being on the squad, her "look" doesn't scream j-sette even without her being curvy.  She looks more like a banner girl, maybe. There's girls on the squad that aren't curvy but "look" like a j-sette. 

Zeke Hayes said:

The jsette look come in all shapes and sizes. I hate when people think a jsettes should have the look of being tall, thick and curvy. 

kimo said:

I am also unsure about Kionna being captian. however, ill give it her a shot. If I aint feelin her then that's just that.

also did Naikhol quit? all the crabs deleted photos with her and they all took #3Charms out their bio. im praying that she returns

I can see where y’all are coming from with not seeing Kionna as captain material but real jsette fans been peeped the clean lines and form. Kionna has been consistently cleaner than just about everybody on the squad for the last three years and that’s what made her stand out to me. I do feel that once she comes into her own, she should add her own little touch to the stands but I like the fact that she focuses on doing the stands the correct way!! 

I honestly just want her to worry about the field & ramp routines and just let her vets be creative when it comes to the stands and parades because that’s the method Morgan Jackson used and her fieldshows speak for themselves. 

Also, if Mary does not win Miss JSU we may see Mary become captain simply because her and Chloe are now sorors and Chloe just might help her soror out but that’s only if Mary tryout for the captain position but she probably could care less about being captain, idk. 

Right. KiKi is clean and I can see her field work being her top area. I feel KG has set them up with enough new counts to hold them out for the beginning of the season they might can add a few more here and there but I agree field should be the focus this year and I think Kiki is the right one for the job. Again a captain's role is not to be a stand out but to mold and lead the team. Ki will find her way once she gets her fill and watch out is all I am going to say.

Anatasia1100 said:

I can see where y’all are coming from with not seeing Kionna as captain material but real jsette fans been peeped the clean lines and form. Kionna has been consistently cleaner than just about everybody on the squad for the last three years and that’s what made her stand out to me. I do feel that once she comes into her own, she should add her own little touch to the stands but I like the fact that she focuses on doing the stands the correct way!! 

I honestly just want her to worry about the field & ramp routines and just let her vets be creative when it comes to the stands and parades because that’s the method Morgan Jackson used and her fieldshows speak for themselves. 

Also, if Mary does not win Miss JSU we may see Mary become captain simply because her and Chloe are now sorors and Chloe just might help her soror out but that’s only if Mary tryout for the captain position but she probably could care less about being captain, idk. 

I’ve always preferred the cleaner captains because those are usually the years the field shows are on point.  A lot of fans don’t appreciate them during the season but when you look back at old videos, they were before their time.  I’m excited about classy Ki!

Stuntboi06 said:

Right. KiKi is clean and I can see her field work being her top area. I feel KG has set them up with enough new counts to hold them out for the beginning of the season they might can add a few more here and there but I agree field should be the focus this year and I think Kiki is the right one for the job. Again a captain's role is not to be a stand out but to mold and lead the team. Ki will find her way once she gets her fill and watch out is all I am going to say.

Anatasia1100 said:

Yes!! Like so many people was not here for Morgan J because they wanted Bianca to be captain because loved her in the stands and Morgan J just “didn’t do it for them” but stands aren’t the most important!! Yes they matter but baby I’d take a good field over the stands because the Jsettes are already light years ahead of a lot of squads in the stands. 

Truth_Serum said:

I’ve always preferred the cleaner captains because those are usually the years the field shows are on point.  A lot of fans don’t appreciate them during the season but when you look back at old videos, they were before their time.  I’m excited about classy Ki!

Stuntboi06 said:

Anatasia1100 said:

Honestly, Ki  reminds me a lot of Morgan Jackson (who is like one of my favorite Jsettes ever) Kionna is clean and has a lot of SPUNK as stated. She has proven she can give high energy in the stands and certainly with her marching. Beyond that, if we talking leadership skills alone, Kionna's attitude is so upbeat/positive in addition to her being extremely focused/dedicated. All of this a great to mold a team with if she does indeed become capt.

Anatasia1100 said:

Yes!! Like so many people was not here for Morgan J because they wanted Bianca to be captain because loved her in the stands and Morgan J just “didn’t do it for them” but stands aren’t the most important!! Yes they matter but baby I’d take a good field over the stands because the Jsettes are already light years ahead of a lot of squads in the stands. 

Truth_Serum said:

Stuntboi06 said:

Anatasia1100 said:

https://youtu.be/9Bbz489VyE0

Lex should've been cut

#4 should've replaced Moosie & Lex

Dub & Autumn should've made it out the first round.

Kionna should've been pushed to second round.

Chloe and the rest of these judges need their asses kicked.

#4 definitely should’ve made the team and I wish the judges table was filled with alumni j-settes and not just chloe and band staff. Autumn reminds me of a older sette. Her style is different and I love it. Niakhol too. 

AJay said:

https://youtu.be/9Bbz489VyE0

Lex should've been cut

#4 should've replaced Moosie & Lex

Dub & Autumn should've made it out the first round.

Kionna should've been pushed to second round.

Chloe and the rest of these judges need their asses kicked.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Marchingsport.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service