Possibly 3 Prancing J-Settes vs. 14 Golden Girls. This will be a battle from the Ramp to the 5th Quarter?

Views: 6290

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Dominique was way too safe for me.  She had great routines and stands but she didn't step outside the box.  She was perfect but it was safe and somewhat lackluster.  

That’s exactly what they need now, well executed routines.  Creatively is only good when your execution matches.  This season has looked  like a lot of stuff being thrown into mix without perfecting the ideas.  

LISA said:

Dominique was way too safe for me.  She had great routines and stands but she didn't step outside the box.  She was perfect but it was safe and somewhat lackluster.  

Shanketta had clean and exciting so it can be done.  Everything done in the Stands by Kayla was great.  It was the field that needed work.  This is why i can't call Kayla legendary because of the field.  She is the greatest Stand Captain that the Jsettes have ever had.  

Truth_Serum said:

That’s exactly what they need now, well executed routines.  Creatively is only good when your execution matches.  This season has looked  like a lot of stuff being thrown into mix without perfecting the ideas.  

LISA said:

I can somewhat see your point.  

LISA said:

Shanketta had clean and exciting so it can be done.  Everything done in the Stands by Kayla was great.  It was the field that needed work.  This is why i can't call Kayla legendary because of the field.  She is the greatest Stand Captain that the Jsettes have ever had.  

Truth_Serum said:

LISA said:

For me, KG over reached. I can tell by her personal dance videos, she really like technique based dancing, but she doesn't have that training, let alone the rest of the team. Nevertheless, she still attempted it and brought that to her field shows. Chloe should have reigned her in in that regard. For instance, I'm seeing the GGs incorporate a little bit more, because they had a strong, large freshman class come in with a new skill set.

You might want to take a look back at who inspired who lol

Brittany said:

So, the Stings were inspired by the bubbling brown suga first and now the Settes are inspired by the Sting. I don't see the problem.

This is exactly it. All that twisting, flipping, and dipping. lmaooo. Love KG to pieces but there is not one field show that i enjoyed enough to go back and watch.

Drammy04 said:

For me, KG over reached. 

I feel this way about Morgan J

LISA said:

This!!!!

Anatasia1100 said:

After Jasma, the only captains I consider legendary would be Shanketta, Charlotte & Dom. Captains like Morgan Jackson, Tierra & KG will get an honorable mention because they contributed a lot and did a great job but I personally wouldn’t consider them to be LEGENDARY.. 

I do remember the people use to go in on Jasma! It seems like she was truly trying to have all the shine and left her team behind. 

LISA said:

Her routines had way too many stunts.  I love a good stunt if they are executed properly.  They would fall out of stunts, half do them or not do them at all.  It was a mess.  The stands weren't much better.  I message boards during that time dogged her out.  Shanketta had more difficult stunts but they were cleaner and didn't look like she was just putting in a stunt for the sake of having stunts in the routines.  They flowed with the routine.  

Anatasia1100 said:

Well for me, I don’t think Jasma should’ve gotten captain over Janear but she was creative and a lot of what we see today as far that j settes technique & style, came from Jasma. Her choreography was before it’s time.  

LISA said:

I never got the hype over Jasma.  She was a great dancer but her years sucked. They were sloppy in the stand and on the field.  

Anatasia1100 said:

After Jasma, the only captains I consider legendary would be Shanketta, Charlotte & Dom. Captains like Morgan Jackson, Tierra & KG will get an honorable mention because they contributed a lot and did a great job but I personally wouldn’t consider them to be LEGENDARY.. 

I saw nothing speculator in the Golden Girls routine! All they did was, run around, get on the ground, run around, get on the ground. A synopsis, floor exercises and running around, absolutely no dancing.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Marchingsport.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service