PV Black Foxes vs. Rice and the MEAC/SWAC challenge

A Houston classic, Knockin The Boots! #blackfox #stormszn #takecover

A post shared by Black Foxes (@pvblackfoxes) on Aug 25, 2018 at 8:52pm PDT

A post shared by Black Foxes (@pvblackfoxes) on Aug 25, 2018 at 6:37pm PDT

You need to be a member of bandhead.org to add comments!

Join bandhead.org

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• the pv black foxes are doing a great job, too many girls but to have that many girls and still be clean, says alot!
  • I’ve been saying the same! They still need to work on the entertainment factor with field shows. I can go watch a PWI excute most of them, with better technique (although some are very good). Give me some flava please. Now stands are looking pretty damn good! Cassondra and Z’Nae are a great duo. 

I do think the Foxes need to implement cuts because some of these girls are lazy and coasting. If you look at the first vid of them marching in, I couldn’t believe some of those lazy walks and blank faces! And then to see Z’Nae and Cassondra tearing it up made it worse. The first girl on our left needs hella work.

Uniforms are gonna be great, the weaves have gotten better and more tame thank God. If they would just up the choreography and put only the best forward, they’d be a stronger squad. Give us branding and a long awaited CONSISTENT Black Fox videographer, too. 

Jarrett Goer said:

the pv black foxes are doing a great job, too many girls but to have that many girls and still be clean, says alot!
    A Houston classic, Knockin The Boots! #blackfox #stormszn #takecover A post shared by Black Foxes (@pvblackfoxes) on Aug 25, 2018 at 8:52pm PDT A…
  • I feel like they took a step back Field SHow wise. I feel like this show was pretty bland/safe compared to shows from last season. Its missing some flava or something. It was safe and boring. I still have hope in them though. I'll be checking to see what their next show is like. 

• I have to agree here, I was thinking the same thing. And for crying out loud pay attention during that march in sequence ughhh it triggered me how many people were messing up just not paying attention. The challenge with big squads is being clean and this squad has proven in the past few years what it is like to be a large team and be clean, let's not lose that. Now I will say I saw a stand clip of them and they served the kids up. The captain came out swinging and the team backed her up. Let's let that same energy and attention translate to all the different parts such as field and march in/out. Good luck ladies!!

Chuck Key said:

I feel like they took a step back Field SHow wise. I feel like this show was pretty bland/safe compared to shows from last season. Its missing some flava or something. It was safe and boring. I still have hope in them though. I'll be checking to see what their next show is like. 

A Houston classic, Knockin The Boots! #blackfox #stormszn #takecover A post shared by Black Foxes (@pvblackfoxes) on Aug 25, 2018 at 8:52pm PDT A…
  • Exactly my sentiments Stunt! I’m still rooting for the home team, though! I wish they paid more attention to fan suggestions. They have so much potential to be on top!

• I attended Sunday’s game and I must say it was a pleasure seeing these girls up close. I’ve actually become a small fan of the Marching Storm and Black Foxes the last 2-3 seasons.

I mostly agree with everything stated here, the BF’s have definitely proven to be a solid squad but in order to build on that; we must progress with the following. The field feature Sunday was “safe”, nothing to remember, but it was safe. I would like to see them use a little more creativity with field. Another suggestion for the field, can someone please tell the band to back up so there will enough space for the BF’s to execute their performances. I’ve noticed, nearly every show, the BF’s typically dance close the sideline because band is up to close, this will also help with formations and transitions. 

I do think that cuts should be implemented because I do agree; I did see a few coasters. I’ve always wondered why the BF always has so many girls and why it seems as though they are afraid to cut those numbers, so I did my research. The BF’s are modeled after the notorious Rockettes, which you can definitely tell in their “style”. I think the numbers are more of a “legacy” and tradition thing which is understandable; we just need everyone on one accord.

Cassondra is everything; you can tell that she has really tapped into the captain spot mentally and physically with Z’Nae following right behind. I love them in leadership, both talented and beautiful young ladies.

Uniforms are getting better; the new uniform from Sunday was pretty nice. I will say that I want them to stop wearing the gold uniform with the fringe as much, sheeesh they love that uni! Lol

I also would like them to start wearing more cohesive and uniformed hair ----Also, to create a bigger fan base, more branding ideas such as a consistent videographer would be perfect.

Looking forward to a great season from these ladies!

• If you don’t get outta my head!!!! This is what I’m talking about; taking it to the next level. You’re absolutely right about the Rockettes, but they would NEVER! Cuts would be made baby. It’s like being right on the edge of greatness. I hate to see the passionate Foxes get messed up by the coasters, or mediocre dancers. I need Mrs. Zachary to be more selective and make every single girl reach the bar. She needs a little “Coach D” lol. 

K.Camp said:

I attended Sunday’s game and I must say it was a pleasure seeing these girls up close. I’ve actually become a small fan of the Marching Storm and Black Foxes the last 2-3 seasons.

I mostly agree with everything stated here, the BF’s have definitely proven to be a solid squad but in order to build on that; we must progress with the following. The field feature Sunday was “safe”, nothing to remember, but it was safe. I would like to see them use a little more creativity with field. Another suggestion for the field, can someone please tell the band to back up so there will enough space for the BF’s to execute their performances. I’ve noticed, nearly every show, the BF’s typically dance close the sideline because band is up to close, this will also help with formations and transitions. 

I do think that cuts should be implemented because I do agree; I did see a few coasters. I’ve always wondered why the BF always has so many girls and why it seems as though they are afraid to cut those numbers, so I did my research. The BF’s are modeled after the notorious Rockettes, which you can definitely tell in their “style”. I think the numbers are more of a “legacy” and tradition thing which is understandable; we just need everyone on one accord.

Cassondra is everything; you can tell that she has really tapped into the captain spot mentally and physically with Z’Nae following right behind. I love them in leadership, both talented and beautiful young ladies.

Uniforms are getting better; the new uniform from Sunday was pretty nice. I will say that I want them to stop wearing the gold uniform with the fringe as much, sheeesh they love that uni! Lol

I also would like them to start wearing more cohesive and uniformed hair ----Also, to create a bigger fan base, more branding ideas such as a consistent videographer would be perfect.

• the black foxes are a long mile from the precision of the rockettes or the kilgore rangerettes. i would love to see higher high kicks, pointed toes and see more  videos of them this year. they are still very talented though.

• haha, I was actually feeding off your response earlier, you made great points!  Hopefully someone connected to the program reads our inputs and applies them at some point.

Drammy04 said:

If you don’t get outta my head!!!! This is what I’m talking about; taking it to the next level. You’re absolutely right about the Rockettes, but they would NEVER! Cuts would be made baby. It’s like being right on the edge of greatness. I hate to see the passionate Foxes get messed up by the coasters, or mediocre dancers. I need Mrs. Zachary to be more selective and make every single girl reach the bar. She needs a little “Coach D” lol. 

K.Camp said:

I attended Sunday’s game and I must say it was a pleasure seeing these girls up close. I’ve actually become a small fan of the Marching Storm and Black Foxes the last 2-3 seasons.

This reply was deleted.